Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 18 Mar 2012, 13:43

Avonu wrote:Don't be so happy.
Last time when I read about it, it will not only require on-line ocnnection to play singleplayer but also will not have multiplayer at release.
dont worry, i always "purchase" new AAA games from this site called TPB, and they never feature DRM or online connections with their games.
Banedon wrote:Why are there so many games launching incomplete these days ...
for the cash, my good man.

publishers, CEO's and share-holders dont want to wait for their cashflow.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2012, 13:06

Well the PvP stuff they took out was just Arena's, as there won't be any world PvP in D3, so it's not that much part of the complete game...

Plus, with the changes to runes they probably have to re-balance the whole thing again, and they took it out to make release...

The real annoying thing is that they've been iterating for so long and they only got to the final rune skill stuff 4 months before release, while the beta was already going on for months... feel like they've been mostly dicking around, you'd think with all that WoW money they could afford to test things ages ago...

And still no animations for monk and wizard skills that include all the new weapons they can use...

Oh, and now Inferno is just another difficulty you need to overcome: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/commen ... o-revealed

Guess my assumption that Inferno would start with all waypoints unlocked was based on the wrongful idea that they wanted it to actually allow people to farm wherever they liked it more, and switch once they got bored of that place...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 12 Apr 2012, 03:33

It looks great to me and I have only seen the beta which consists of the beginning of the first act (character level 1 to 14 or something).

So why all the complaining? This game is going to rock.
Not sure how u guys managed to find so much to harp on without it even being released yet. Diablo 3 cant even be compared to HoMM6 or any other PC game because Blizzard actually has the record and financial stability to fulfill its promises and exceed them.

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 12 Apr 2012, 05:13

Meh. Starcraft II took 12 years to release and people knew there was more for it. I'm extremely pleased with the way SC2 turned out and still enjoy playing it. I enjoy SC2 more than SC1 so I think it was worth the wait.

I don't think I'll be that disappointed with D3 either regardless of how long it's taken. Blizzard has yet to disappoint me with the games I enjoyed playing from them.

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 12 Apr 2012, 21:14

Zareth wrote:Meh. Starcraft II took 12 years to release and people knew there was more for it. I'm extremely pleased with the way SC2 turned out and still enjoy playing it. I enjoy SC2 more than SC1 so I think it was worth the wait.

I don't think I'll be that disappointed with D3 either regardless of how long it's taken. Blizzard has yet to disappoint me with the games I enjoyed playing from them.
I will say that i was disappointed with SC2. SC1 was my favorite game because of the awesome campaign missions. But the SC2 campaign just wasn't very good to be polite.

They didn't announce Starcraft 2 until 2007. So it only took the usual (blizzard standard) of 3 years after announcement to release the game. About the same goes for Diablo 3, yet i think Diablo 3 will be a much better game just by looking at it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Apr 2012, 22:15

ChimTheGrim wrote: I will say that i was disappointed with SC2. SC1 was my favorite game because of the awesome campaign missions. But the SC2 campaign just wasn't very good to be polite.
I mean really, who thought it was a good idea to tell us the ending half way through the game?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 17 Apr 2012, 04:17

For me, SC was both the campaign missions and the online play. Including a lot of the RPG maps that people make. And I feel that the online things have been improved in pretty much the way I wanted. Now, instead of picking a ladder map and praying that someone joins, if I wanted to play on ladder, I can just pick that I want to play a game on ladder and it'll pick a map and find players to match up against. In SC and SC:BW, all I kept seeing were BGH, BGH and more BGH maps >.>

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2012, 06:49

So it's been improved by the fact they added functionality that was standard back in the early 2000's?

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 19 Apr 2012, 04:51

ThunderTitan wrote:So it's been improved by the fact they added functionality that was standard back in the early 2000's?
I get what he;s saying. Anyone who actually played SC1 online knows that the only melee maps you could really choose were Python, Lost Temple, or Big Game Hunters. About 80% of the time, the only choice was Big Game Hunters (BGH).

I agree about that being annoying.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 20 Apr 2012, 10:50

D3 open beta this weekend, w00t, it's a little of a pity that I won't be able to play as much as I usually do but hey I'm not complaining. I'll try and make quick decision on profession, maybe :)
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2012, 14:26

Funny thing, while talking to my bro about the open weekend he mentions how he managed to play yesterday... i figured it was because of the beta leek thing... except that was 2 days ago... turns out he's got the beta for who knows how long and didn't know it... although it's likely from the latest batch of invites, he didn't have it 2-3 weeks back when he got half a day of play from a friend of his...

BTW, if you get the beta you have to switch your location to the Americas, i had it for Europe and it gave me a connection error.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Apr 2012, 16:47

So, any of you try it yet?

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 23 Apr 2012, 14:16

I tried it, was pretty disappointed. Difficulty levels were easy, customization was way less than I imagined it would be, it was buttonmashing, and it was tedious. Not being able to customize stats is one thing, every build for a given character class being the same is another, you have no control over your character's personality + there are no RP choices to be made, etc. Multiplayer mechanics are pretty sad, and every profession seems pretty similar to me (I only used one, but I watched the other professions in multiplayer).

That said, it was still fun and even in the beta I found myself doing Skeleton King runs until I hit level 13. Considering how much time I spent with D2, I'll probably buy D3.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2012, 19:13

Dude, you do realise that SK is the equivalent of Bloodraven, right...

But yeah, not being able to pick your rune is disappointing, but the rune change came way to late for them to balance the runes so you can just choose which one you like from the get go and not make some too good...

And what RP choices in Diablo... no one ever played a Firebolt Sorc...

Also, Cain runs are faster imo...

And my bro is in the beta... i'll get to take the Wiz to lvl 13 after all... only did Monk and DH this weekend, with the Barb at 10... my brother has a 12 Wiz and a 9 WD... time to max them too this week.

But i found the Wiz to be better with the close ranged skills (Spectral blade and the charged bolt one) then with the ranged ones as you'd run out of juice too fast or not do much dmg... hopefully the higher level skills, recharge stuff and Electrocute signature help with that...

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 24 Apr 2012, 21:44

I had a chance to play a monk to level 7, and a WD to level 10. The monk is awesome. All around fun in the inital levels. He is quick and strong.

The WD is not so cool at first, but aftert level 6, he starts to get much cooler. He seems alittle weak, but then he starts getting a lot stronger. I think I'm going WD first when the game releases.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 May 2012, 18:31

So, how many of you are playing this and are from EU?

I got a lvl 12 monk atm and i wouldn't mind playing with someone...

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 04 Jan 2013, 17:51

Banedon wrote:I tried it, was pretty disappointed. Difficulty levels were easy, customization was way less than I imagined it would be, it was buttonmashing, and it was tedious. Not being able to customize stats is one thing, every build for a given character class being the same is another, you have no control over your character's personality + there are no RP choices to be made, etc. Multiplayer mechanics are pretty sad, and every profession seems pretty similar to me (I only used one, but I watched the other professions in multiplayer).

That said, it was still fun and even in the beta I found myself doing Skeleton King runs until I hit level 13. Considering how much time I spent with D2, I'll probably buy D3.
I started to feel similarly when playing through Diablo 3 on normal difficulty since getting it this Christmas. By the end of Act 3 the only thing that was keeping me going was wanting to see the rest of the story.

I played a Monk, and by Act 3 I was starting to ask myself "why exactly do I need Intelligence, and if I weren't a class that got a damage boost from Dexterity then I don't see why I'd need that stat either". Sure you get a small dodge bonus from Dexterity, and a small arcane resistance boost from Intelligence, but that's far too pitiful to be worth it when the resistance and dodge bonus is still barely over 10% when you've got over 200, especially since it seems from the tool tips that the resistance and dodge chance varies depending on enemies levels.

I found myself with far too many Yellow and Purple gems and never enough Red gems because of this.

Then there's Vitality, I think the bonuses from vitality can quickly get insane. As soon as I got a piece of equipment with a vitality bonus, and one so large that I got literally over 800 extra HP, it was like NOTHING could put a dent in me, even bosses. Especially with my healing skill that I use once every 30 seconds. At one point I was using what started out as a great two handed weapon on my Monk that gave me 1,700 extra maximum life, but soon became quite under powered, simply because I didn't want to give up the large vitality bonus.

Playing around in Nightmare difficulty last night the game did seem to become challenging enough to not be as boring though despite my 3,500+ HP from vitality bonuses.

Oh, I was also really disappointed in the game's story at the end. Won't say any specific plot details, but it was the most obvious plot twist ever right before Act 4, and then the ending was also rather boring.

I also can't stand the fact that I can't go back to previous acts after I've completed them. How's that even work out in multiplayer games, I've never tried that yet.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Jan 2013, 21:05

Yeah you can go back to the previous acts.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 04 Jan 2013, 23:54

darknessfood wrote:Yeah you can go back to the previous acts.
I finally found that on google a few minutes ago. Stupid that you can't do that in game without logging out. :disagree:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jan 2013, 12:34

That's the whole thing. Loging out won't get you anywhere. Some hate it, I don't. It's freaking 2012! Only in poor countries they don't have proper internet. But hey, they don't have a PC that can run Diablo 3 so...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”