Patch 1.3 Delayed One Week

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Apr 2012, 15:44

A quick post on <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/66 ... 19317">the official forum</a> alerts us that the patch has been delayed and will be released <i>next</i> week instead of this week.

Obviously, a snag was found during the quality control testing and the code needs a bit more polishing before it will work on all systems.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1333640661
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 05 Apr 2012, 18:48

One week? They promised the patch in the second half of March and it's already the fifth of April. This is not a delay of one week by my calendar.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Apr 2012, 19:15

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby decebalus » 05 Apr 2012, 21:38

I still dont get it if we'll be able to play custom maps....what can I say about sim turns....i think its just too high tech for ubi...:P

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 05 Apr 2012, 23:00

Omg, they can't even release there patches on time, and to top it off, these are things that should have bin fixed in weeks after release of the game... :disagree:
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 05 Apr 2012, 23:05

LOL they fail again :)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 06 Apr 2012, 00:18

@Kalah:

Yeah, I know. But this is the second time the patch has been delayed. Originally planned for the second half of March, there was a delay and they were planning to release it this week. Now they are telling us that they will release it next week. So, no, it's not a week's delay. And it's not even a major patch. Unless the change-log is incomplete, that's not even a week's worth of workload for a single programmer.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 06 Apr 2012, 03:23

Amateurs

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Apr 2012, 20:50

I am irked by the expression "polishing". IMO Ubisoft does not polish anything. The word should be "forging" or "hammering". If we are lucky then they hammer it until it resembles someting we expect it to be.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 07 Apr 2012, 11:40

Pitsu wrote:I am irked by the expression "polishing". IMO Ubisoft does not polish anything. The word should be "forging" or "hammering". If we are lucky then they hammer it until it resembles someting we expect it to be.
They try at least to look like respectable game publisher. "We polish games too, just like real publishers!" :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 07 Apr 2012, 13:32

Better a good patch that takes a bit longer to come out than a bad one that gets released too quickly. Who knows how much a bad one can wreck a computer o.o

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 10 Apr 2012, 17:26

It is good to know that they still care about the quality. :)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 10 Apr 2012, 19:01

Ok, the patch is not out yet. Yet yesterday, when I ran the game, it started patching. I don't know what the hell was that, since I already had the most recent version. However it caused a problem and now the game crashes at the end of each turn. WTF?
Edited on Tue, Apr 10 2012, 15:01 by hellegennes

NimanRodd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NimanRodd » 10 Apr 2012, 19:34

torur:

In the official forum I was banned because I had said that the game was boring. Well, at least I was refunded in my local store 3 months ago :)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Patch 1.3 Delayed One Week

Unread postby Dalai » 10 Apr 2012, 22:49

NimanRodd wrote:torur:
In the official forum I was banned because I had said that the game was boring. Well, at least I was refunded in my local store 3 months ago :)
You got what you deserved - next time think twice before disclosing their strategic secrets. :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

NimanRodd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NimanRodd » 11 Apr 2012, 16:05

Dalai:

Right: I did not know that a boring game was a secret strategy...

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 12 Apr 2012, 17:04

>In the official forum I was banned because I had said that the game was boring. Well, at least I was refunded in my local store 3 months ago :)

You got what you deserved - next time think twice before disclosing their strategic secrets. :D

I got banned from the official forum because they said my name is not serious enough and that they don't understand why I was praising Paul Romero's piano music (Paul Romero makes Heroes 6 music).

The official forum is not worth visiting anyway when we have Age of Heroes and Celestial Heavens.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Patch 1.3 Delayed One Week

Unread postby Dalai » 12 Apr 2012, 18:22

ywhtptgtfo wrote:I got banned from the official forum because they said my name is not serious enough
Can't imagine why :D

But really - do they have a rule against not-serious-enough names? Do they have criteria? I strongly doubt they do :|
and that they don't understand why I was praising Paul Romero's piano music (Paul Romero makes Heroes 6 music).
Probably, they don't expect sincere praise anymore, but could not understand the alleged mocking in your post. So they decided to ban you, just to be on the safe side :D

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 12 Apr 2012, 23:59

This patch being made by the team that made GT5 ?
just that the week is running out... :|
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 17 Apr 2012, 13:03

Are Black Hole's weeks longer than ours? Is it that relativistic time dilation stretches duration near black holes?

Return to “News”