heroes was the choice (i am new here lol)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Guard of BH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

heroes was the choice (i am new here lol)

Unread postby Guard of BH » 21 Apr 2006, 03:55

;) Greatings to all of the round table.

After a long search for a decent game finaly found it Heroes 3 shadow of Death.

I have been playing a lot of games lately and couldnt find anything that would satisfy my gameplay thirst.

Hereoes have ot all magic tactical combat and addictiveness.

So is there anyone who would agree on the best game so far as heroes 3 shadow of death in strategy ganre?

PS i wasnt sure if i posted the topic in the right spot if no then correction would be appreciated! thx

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 21 Apr 2006, 05:43

H3 si for me only a upgraded copy of H2, but with Wake of Gods it is a great fun

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Apr 2006, 10:40

If you chose H3 then you have indeed chosen a very fine game indeed. I am sure most members here would agree.

Heroes 4 was not too bad either, and all the user-made maps and campaigns available on the web takes the game to new hights.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Nucleon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Nucleon » 21 Apr 2006, 12:26

Hereoes have ot all magic tactical combat and addictiveness.
Oohh yes, it have. The map editor also insure continuing fun.

Nucleon suggests you get familiar with the game for a while, then download, and install the Wake of Gods (WoG) patch, for an even richer play.
So is there anyone who would agree on the best game so far as heroes 3 shadow of death in strategy ganre?
Nucleon certainly would.
(Translated from Silent Speak)

Guard of BH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guard of BH » 25 Apr 2006, 08:50

Well i played eralier in Heroes 3 for few years then was carried away by counter strike competion..lol

Can anyone explain what WOG pathc/mod is all about ? Before i download it ^^
BH - is the name of the place where i work :)

My pic suits the animal of the year i was born :)

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 25 Apr 2006, 10:09

Guard of BH wrote: Can anyone explain what WOG pathc/mod is all about ? Before i download it ^^
It's a mod changing H3. There your stacks gain experience (and new skills - for example silver pegasi can gain on higher levels ability "strike and return" and on highest level ability "no enemy retaliation"), there are new units - level 8(created from the older ones, for example diamond dragon is stronger version of a gold dragon, and so on).

each of your heroes has his own captain (something like H4 heroes - they gain XP and can learn skills - offense, defense, hitpoints, damage, magic power and speed, but you can learn only 4 of them and their combinations give them special skills - for example magic power + damage = death stare attack - like mighty gorgons)

and many more :D
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Guard of BH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guard of BH » 05 May 2006, 00:37

WOW thats something really new in Homm3 i geuss everyone here mostly plays thw WoG version so where can i download it?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 May 2006, 02:55

http://wakeofthegods.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/ (thanks to GameSpy who raped the URL of the site)

Click on the Download button on the left, and follow the instructions.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 05 May 2006, 07:21

Yes, you'll have to admire the work the WoG team has done to bring us this mod for free. :hail:
A cat is fine too...

Return to “Heroes I-IV”