Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Arabmoney
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arabmoney » 05 Feb 2012, 17:53

Banedon wrote:I completed Necro1, but for some reason the game doesn't acknowledge it (even though I loaded the game and won the final fight again). I suspect this has something to do with updating the game to different versions.

Is there some way around this other than playing through the mission again?

If I have to play through the mission again, are there cheats or something so I can clear it faster?
You probably haven't made this mistake, but are u sure u have selected the same hero as u played with through level 1 last time, when you try to enter the campaign again? (if you just played as anastasiya this ofc couldn't happen)

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 11 Feb 2012, 11:27

- why traps laid by single goblin stacks do not stop anything? (what is the minimum?).

- does it matter on what slots I put the units on my hero? (no tactics skill) Are they randomly place on battlefield?

- more units with same initiative, what is the order of acting? Attacker1-defender1-attacker2.... does stack power matter?

- Why is AI hero able to act before the unit does? (Lets say the stack is poisoned and is going to die, the computer quickly jumps in battle and casts a spell or 2 before the creatures turn)? If it is something like a timer (1-2-20 milliseconds) is it human exploitable?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 12 Feb 2012, 14:32

Your troop placement depends on which slot they're in, but I haven't figured out a reliable way to predict this yet. If you fight one battle and switch two troop slots, they'll switch places in battle as well. The layout changes when you have more/less slots filled, so you'll have to figure the new placement out after you add a new troop.

Pretty sure the turn order is randomly decided if two troops have the same initiative. During Inferno 1 I had three to four Succubus stacks with sometimes different sizes, but there wasn't anything like "the stack with one more Succubus always gets to act first". It definitely doesn't change during battle, if Succubus acts before Succubus 2 in the first turn, they'll act first during all following turns, unless something changes their ini.

I've never been in a situation where the AI acted while their stack was about to die, but in general they can't act when their stack can't. For example, the AI will always attack on their first creature's turn. If that creature is disabled (Petrify, Time Stasis, Serenity, etc), they don't get to act. If the creature can act, they'll do their hero action just like a human player.

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 13 Feb 2012, 09:03

I have to make a video of AI hero acting just before its troops.... :)

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 13 Feb 2012, 11:17

How is computed the percentage of completion at the end of every mission?

I just finished C3 M3 cleaning all the map, leveling heroes, doing all secondary quest, barely got 30% completion 8|

RebelAngel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

2 questions...

Unread postby RebelAngel » 27 Mar 2012, 08:58

Hello there, I got 2 questions about Heroes VI

1) Is there a way to increase the number of spells my heroes can cast? or at least make him cast one spell and one attack per turn?

2) Is there any way to chose the starting form of the fate weavers? I prefer to use them as shooters and they always start in the close-combat-form. I wouldn't mind if the form-change wouldnt cost initiative...unlike if Computer-player does it :-/

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: 2 questions...

Unread postby Naki » 27 Mar 2012, 09:05

RebelAngel wrote:Hello there, I got 2 questions about Heroes VI

1) Is there a way to increase the number of spells my heroes can cast? or at least make him cast one spell and one attack per turn?

2) Is there any way to chose the starting form of the fate weavers? I prefer to use them as shooters and they always start in the close-combat-form. I wouldn't mind if the form-change wouldnt cost initiative...unlike if Computer-player does it :-/
To be able to use the fate weavers as shooters in the same turn, tell them to "Wait". They will then be able to change forms and shoot near the end of the turn. There is no other way - you can't start with them as shooters.
May the Implosion be with you!

RebelAngel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RebelAngel » 27 Mar 2012, 09:09

Naki wrote:

To be able to use the fate weavers as shooters in the same turn, tell them to "Wait". They will then be able to change forms and shoot near the end of the turn. There is no other way - you can't start with them as shooters.
thank you for the quick reply...too bad that one can't set it per default...maybe they forgot about that when designing the game :-/

anybody knows about 1)...?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Mar 2012, 09:10

RebelAngel wrote:
Naki wrote:

thank you for the quick reply...too bad that one can't set it per default...maybe they forgot about that when designing the game :-/

anybody knows about 1)...?
They did not forget, I think that was intended.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Mar 2012, 09:12

1) To have more spells available, you need to level up your hero and spend skill points on the spells you need. Each damaging spell has a cooldown period, you can't change that. I am not sure, but I think getting Blood Rank 1 or 2 might lower the cooldown time - not sure. If it does not, I think it will at least make Blood-aligned spells more powerful. Also, some Blood spells are not direct damage spells, and last several turns - for those, I think the Blood Rank 1/2 will increase the duration of the spell.
Maybe someone else will comment on this too...
Last edited by Naki on 27 Mar 2012, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

RebelAngel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RebelAngel » 27 Mar 2012, 09:14

Naki wrote:

1) To have more spells available, you need to level up your hero and spend skill points on the spells you need. Each damaging spell has a cooldown period, you can't change that. I am not sure, but I think getting Blood Rank 1 or 2 might lower the cooldown time - not sure.

I think you misunderstood me there...I wondered, if you could cast 2 spells in one round...like first stone skin and then regeneration or any other combination. Or at least do the hero attack AND cast a spell (not either/or as it works for me right now).

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Mar 2012, 09:40

RebelAngel wrote:
Naki wrote:

1) To have more spells available, you need to level up your hero and spend skill points on the spells you need. Each damaging spell has a cooldown period, you can't change that. I am not sure, but I think getting Blood Rank 1 or 2 might lower the cooldown time - not sure.

I think you misunderstood me there...I wondered, if you could cast 2 spells in one round...like first stone skin and then regeneration or any other combination. Or at least do the hero attack AND cast a spell (not either/or as it works for me right now).
You can't. This was never possible, even in older Heroes games - one hero action per turn is allowed.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Mar 2012, 09:55

Naki wrote:..You can't. This was never possible, even in older Heroes games - one hero action per turn is allowed.
You could do that in WoG as a special.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 27 Mar 2012, 12:39

The Fate Weavers always get to attack on the first turn if you use their change command. It works like a "Wait", so they'll change their form and attack at the end of the turn. If you have them wait first, the change is noted as a second "Wait" and they attack right after it. Doesn't make a difference either way.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Mar 2012, 14:52

Pol wrote:
Naki wrote:..You can't. This was never possible, even in older Heroes games - one hero action per turn is allowed.
You could do that in WoG as a special.
Never played WoG myself. Please can you explain how that works in WoG?

You could do it in HOMM III as a bug/exploit.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Mar 2012, 14:53

Ell1e wrote:The Fate Weavers always get to attack on the first turn if you use their change command. It works like a "Wait", so they'll change their form and attack at the end of the turn. If you have them wait first, the change is noted as a second "Wait" and they attack right after it. Doesn't make a difference either way.
Thanks, I was not aware of that! Good info.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Mar 2012, 14:55

@Naki
Probably in all ways as you can imagine. Cause it's all scripted.

When wogify there's an option about Hermit's Cave, if enabled then after you visit hermit you can attack twice or cast more spells per turn.

But indeed there are no limits.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Apr 2012, 13:04

Arabmoney wrote:
Banedon wrote:I completed Necro1, but for some reason the game doesn't acknowledge it (even though I loaded the game and won the final fight again). I suspect this has something to do with updating the game to different versions.

Is there some way around this other than playing through the mission again?

If I have to play through the mission again, are there cheats or something so I can clear it faster?
You probably haven't made this mistake, but are u sure u have selected the same hero as u played with through level 1 last time, when you try to enter the campaign again? (if you just played as anastasiya this ofc couldn't happen)
Lol it really was the case 8|

Why is it that sometimes Centaurs shoot at my unit when it walks near, but other times they don't?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 09 Apr 2012, 14:39

Centaurs get a free shot at the first enemy that enters their range. This doesn't happen if the enemy is teleported or uses a skill like the Kappa's leap ability, or if the Centaurs are blocked. Sometimes they don't shoot at troops like Harpies or Glories woh can attack and return, but other times they do. If the first enemy troop used a trick to get to them without being attacked, they may or may not attack the second, I've seen both happen.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 10 Apr 2012, 14:24

I've come to suspect that Centaurs don't shoot if they are killed in one hit by the attacker, but will shoot otherwise. I've certainly seen them shooting at my Harpies. Can anyone confirm?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”