Really glad I havent bought this game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Really glad I havent bought this game

Unread postby Kranyum » 12 Feb 2012, 12:03

I am still playing Heroes 3 and 4.

Heroes 5 was such a piece of shit game and is now forgotten.

Heroes 6 follows closely.

A real shame that they have ruined the series.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 12 Feb 2012, 12:31

In my opinion, Heroes V was a great game, and is not forgotten.
Heroes VI is nice too, although I play it less often than I did with V.
May the Implosion be with you!

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 12 Feb 2012, 17:31

You mention you did not buy it so how can you judge the game?

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 13 Feb 2012, 07:20

You are missing out on quite a bit. At the very least, you're missing out on playing about 20 hours worth of campaigns. The 100+ hour factor's not in the game, but to be honest Heroes VI keeps you entertained for longer than most other games will, and it's always nice to play a fresh new game with new mechanics. I guarantee you'll go back to Heroes 3/4 after a while, but you should definitely get Heroes VI - it is a really fun game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Feb 2012, 23:12

I am willing to wait on the final judgment on H-VI, and though you haven’t bought it the mass of public opinion can color ones thoughts on the game. However his verdict on H-V is dead on IMHO. After you play the maps and campaigns supplied with the game (to be honest I never played anything but the campaign) a Heroes game is made or lost on the maps made by the fans. Here H-V fails miserably and H-VI seems destined to the same fate. While the H-V editor was powerful, it was far too difficult to use for many of us and that left many of the early mapmakers to feel left out. The H-V campaign editor ability was horrible, but it is superior to the H-VI campaign editor (it doesn’t exist). The H-V experience was so poor that I have not bought any Heroes product after the initial H-V, though I did put HOF on my Amazon wishlist and my daughters bought it for me. Several of us older mapmakers are returning to H-III and H-IV to make new maps on these older but better chapters of Heroes rather than waste time and money on what appears to be a poor product. Unless something dramatic happens then UBI has ruined the Heroes series for me.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 14 Feb 2012, 08:58

If you can get it at 50% its definitely worth your money. Not to mention they will probably fix some more stuff soon.

Right now it is much better than the initial release. They've fixed most of the major bugs and the Campaigns are playable now.

It's only sad for the fans that were ripped 40 Euros for a game that was unplayable for 2 months.

Just be warned! No fan maps! No Mods! No Random Maps! No Simultaneous turns! Stupid skill tree! Copy-paste towns! Sounds really bad... but hey at 50%...worth your money.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 14 Feb 2012, 16:58

Spin wrote:You are missing out on quite a bit. At the very least, you're missing out on playing about 20 hours worth of campaigns. The 100+ hour factor's not in the game, but to be honest Heroes VI keeps you entertained for longer than most other games will, and it's always nice to play a fresh new game with new mechanics. I guarantee you'll go back to Heroes 3/4 after a while, but you should definitely get Heroes VI - it is a really fun game.
It is MANY MANY more hours for me. Maybe you can get 20 hours if you play on Easy and using the best/fastest way. For me, I have not measured exactly, but I have not even finished half of the game, and the hours I played are at least 30-40!

Simira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Simira » 03 Mar 2012, 17:17

I do agree, HOMM 2 and 3 was definitely the best.
The graphics in 5 and 6 only contributes to ruin the game. Still playable, but I would love it if it was possible to play with HOMM 3 graphics!

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 10 Mar 2012, 21:15

krs wrote:If you can get it at 50% its definitely worth your money. Not to mention they will probably fix some more stuff soon.

Right now it is much better than the initial release. They've fixed most of the major bugs and the Campaigns are playable now.

It's only sad for the fans that were ripped 40 Euros for a game that was unplayable for 2 months.

Just be warned! No fan maps! No Mods! No Random Maps! No Simultaneous turns! Stupid skill tree! Copy-paste towns! Sounds really bad... but hey at 50%...worth your money.
Nope. Not worth it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Mar 2012, 22:45

Haven't you guys learned yet... wait until the Complete edition is half price... then you actually get to play an ok game...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Mar 2012, 18:30

krs wrote:If you can get it at 50% its definitely worth your money. Not to mention they will probably fix some more stuff soon.
That is a risky strategy; it assumes they will in fact fix things. ;| Also it rewards the company even though they released the game before it was ready.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2012, 19:37

I think what will settle it is the work they do on the editor(s). If that gets better (a lot better), there is every chance the game can be a big success with the fans creating lots of maps of different types.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2012, 20:35

Game mechanics would need some pruning as well. Not mentioning the iffy online philosophy.

Current situation it's a pitty, in every case.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 12 Mar 2012, 22:07

Pol wrote:Game mechanics would need some pruning as well. Not mentioning the iffy online philosophy.

Current situation it's a pitty, in every case.
Pruning? You mean remove more resources, and lower the number of factions? Nice! :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Mar 2012, 06:41

Resources aren't mechanics...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 14 Mar 2012, 19:03

What are they, then?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 15 Mar 2012, 12:22

They are alive, just vunerable to light magic. Its like trying to heal someone with a medicine he's allergic to.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 15 Mar 2012, 18:48

I'm thinking you made that post thinking you were in that "Why can't demons be healed" topic, right? :tongue:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”