The Chaos Conspiracy Questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Chaos Conspiracy Questions

Unread postby coltrek » 27 Feb 2012, 04:12

I'm making the letters big for Big Daddy Jim, so he too can read my questions.
I'm about level 27 in the game, playing Adventurer level.

What is the different between the difficulty level?

What examples are there between the levels?

Are there Chapters in the game? I have yet see any announcement of chapter being stated.

Who dropped the Lionheart Sword of Acid in the pathway toward Kat'an from Sutter's Bay?

Whose crazy idea of putting easy monsters and all of the sudden, being killed by much stronger monsters, like in the Tomb of Luftka the Kruel?

Is the transporter to secret NWC dungeon in Baal's Garden working?

Who can I blame for asking these silly questions?

Edit for size reduction
Last edited by coltrek on 06 Apr 2012, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Questions

Unread postby jeff » 27 Feb 2012, 21:31

coltrek wrote:I'm making the letters big for Big Daddy Jim, so he too can read my questions.
I'm about level 27 in the game, playing Adventurer level.

What is the different between the difficulty level?

What examples are there between the levels?

Are there Chapters in the game? I have yet see any announcement of chapter being stated.

Who dropped the Lionheart Sword of Acid in the pathway toward Kat'an from Sutter's Bay?

Whose crazy idea of putting easy monsters and all of the sudden, being killed by much stronger monsters, like in the Tomb of Luftka the Kruel?

Is the transporter to secret NWC dungeon in Baal's Garden working?

Who can I blame for asking these silly questions?
Unfortunately BDJ does not frequent CH since he was offended by the unnecessary editing by the moderators. I tried to intercede but though he is no longer angry about the incident; he has no current plans to return. I will email him your questions and post his answers if and when I receive them. Who knows maybe he'll show up and answer them himself. I can tell you we did not use the NWC dungeon. As far as the silly questions; do you have a mirror? :D Seriously there are few silly questions.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 29 Feb 2012, 04:33

You won't get BDJ here as mentioned, but I should be able to answer most of it.

1) Monsters hit for more damage and have more hp.

2) Easy would be close to the base MM6 game difficulty.

Normal is something you should be able to beat if you have played the base game before. Things hit harder and opponents have more hp. It is the recommended level for most people for a first playthrough unless they are new to the series.

In the hardest mode, the attacks from the Villians outside Ka'tan will deal almost half your hp per attack. Plan to abuse mechanics similar to how you defeat Morcarack (the dragon on Emerald Isle in MM7) even on weaker opponents if you attempt this mode.

3) If by chapters you mean the parts there are 2, although part 2 is much different type of game. See the main TCC thread for links.

4) It is dropped when you kill the pirates outside. When enough are killed you get a message popup (I don't remember the text) and the sword drops on the ground. It is not dropped by a specific monster, it is a reward for clearing out a bunch of them.

5) The TCC design team did. In this case remember the base game's Ethric's Tomb had skeletons then all of a sudden liches, a huge difficulty jump.

6) You.

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 01 Mar 2012, 04:08

Thanks for the answers, now back to the normal size font size.
I didn't think about using a mirror when asking these questions.
One question though, what's up with the spire near the castle in Kat'an?
I heard there was a quest for it and it was a fake one too.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 01 Mar 2012, 05:56

coltrek wrote:Thanks for the answers, now back to the normal size font size.
I didn't think about using a mirror when asking these questions.
One question though, what's up with the spire near the castle in Kat'an?
I heard there was a quest for it and it was a fake one too.
No any quests, only useless sword in stone near spire (needed enouth strengh for taking).

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 08 Mar 2012, 14:50

Arret wrote:
4) It is dropped when you kill the pirates outside. When enough are killed you get a message popup (I don't remember the text) and the sword drops on the ground. It is not dropped by a specific monster, it is a reward for clearing out a bunch of them.
When I restarted the game anew and went to Kat'an not hitting any monsters and running fast as I can going where I found the sword as last time and lo and behold, the Lionheart Sword of Acid laying in the pathway, I think somebody accidentally dropped the sword and I want to find the rightful owner.

One question: Why do the Daughters/Queen of the Dead have their head inside the ceiling?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Mar 2012, 14:06

coltrek wrote:One question: Why do the Daughters/Queen of the Dead have their head inside the ceiling?
why you always asking stupid questions and can't just stop and enjoy the game?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 11 Mar 2012, 01:45

vladimir-maestro wrote: why you always asking stupid questions and can't just stop and enjoy the game?
The only time the question is stupid is when the question not asked, that's why you don't ask questions.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 11 Mar 2012, 03:23

It's a mind-break.

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 06 Apr 2012, 02:39

I'm about mastered everything, except for Aeros, I have Saintly of 1455 points and I need to have a Adept status in order to become a master in magic of Aeros.
Is Adept above Saintly, if so how can I increase the reputation status?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 11 Apr 2012, 00:23

coltrek wrote:I'm about mastered everything, except for Aeros, I have Saintly of 1455 points and I need to have a Adept status in order to become a master in magic of Aeros.
Is Adept above Saintly, if so how can I increase the reputation status?
That is because Adept isn't a reputation level, it is a class promotion. In the base game master air required Archmage promotion. In TCC master aeros requires Adept promotion. See Soiret (sp?) in Ellesia for those quests. You will be unable to unlock the Adept promotion until you have done quite a bit in the main line quest.

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No keys for the Statue of Holy Cleansing

Unread postby coltrek » 16 Apr 2012, 15:54

Thanks for the answer.
My next question is...

I'm trying to open chest to get the Statue of Holy Cleansing in Ched Rhinn, but I can not open it and I went out and came back later inside Ched Rhinn and everything I looted is gone.
I like to cheat and edit to have the keys or the Statue, so I can continue the game, I have Elrond's MM6 Editor.

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 30 Apr 2012, 15:32

I cheated with the editor program and I have finished the game TCC1 and TCC2.
In TTC2, I found the one dungeon in ??? area.
Was there a second dungeon?
And was there a place to increase the character's level?

My score for the game is 78380 and it took 2 years, 10 months and 18 days.

I like to take my time.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 30 Apr 2012, 22:22

No that is the only dungeon in that zone. It just feels similar to the one in Baal's Garden because both are based off of the Tomb of VARN.

Yes, it is above the pyramid in Baal's Garden. You have to also get the gold to train (see obelisks).

grosbill
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grosbill » 05 May 2012, 06:38

Hi

I am a french player and Just discover TCC and enjoy it.
Unfortunatelly, i cannot find the Unchartered seas in the part TCC :ill:
The worst is I posses the chalice of gods :disagree:
..... Does somebody could give me a clue please. Thanx

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 05 May 2012, 16:06

I take it as you are talking about part 2.

I believe you are talking about the first part of the main line quest once you get out of the first zone with the fountains. It is in zone E2.

(highlight below text to see spoiler)
Cast town portal to Ellesia. The town names do not change in between parts 1 and 2. I do not believe you can walk to that zone.

grosbill
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grosbill » 05 May 2012, 17:15

OK man Thanks a lot.

How do we could guess this? I believed that town portal would kill the entire party in part two.

However , you save my next week. ;)

See you and sorry for my poor english.

grosbill
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grosbill » 07 May 2012, 15:25

Hello again.

Thank to your help, I manage to go to stone valley, then i try to go to Baal's Garden. However, I can't go back to this place even with Loyd's beacon.

So i go to the land named ??? and I enter the pyramid, but it's really dark inside and i can't find the guiding lights.

Anybody got a clue please?

Thanks a lot.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 08 May 2012, 04:30

Since you already have the chalice, you are right where you are supposed to be. It is a scripted event when you go to B3 while holding the Chalice.

When you got teleported from Baal's Garden to ??? you should have gotten a popup asking "what happened to the lushness of Baal's Garden". There is only 1 dungeon in the zone, so by process of elimination you need to go to the pyramid. If for some reason you don't have the key to the pyramid and can't get in, then you need to leave the zone and go get it.

Seeing ANYTHING is going to be a royal pain and the place is full of monsters that turn to stone and eradicate. This is the final dungeon, good luck.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 08 May 2012, 04:36

You did skip a whole bunch of the game getting the chalice so early. You will never be able to return to Baal's Garden.

Return to “Might and Magic”