Editor Question

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
d2r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Editor Question

Unread postby d2r » 12 Feb 2012, 23:32

Hey everyone,

I've fallen foul of the legendary Lich Jar bug. Since I don't want to lose all my work to date by loading from a previou save, I've been trying to use Stormcat's editor to put the jars in my inventory and thereby bypass the bug.

The editor hasn't messed with my files or anything, but any changes I make to the inventory don't appear in the game - even though the editor says the changes are present and saved (i.e. I have 4 lich jars in my inventory), when I open the save file, they aren't there.

Anyone have any advice?

If it's relevant, I'm using the Millenium Edition version of the game; it came with 3DO's 1.1 patch, and I am not running Mok's patch or any other third-party game updates. The save file editor is saved in its own folder in the MM7 directory.

And yes; I backed up my files. :p

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 13 Feb 2012, 01:02

Does the editor require you to move the save file into the same folder as the editor and rename it? If so its possible you either A: Didn't rename the save back to the original save name, Or B: Replaced the file back into the save folder.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Feb 2012, 05:43

Haven't you forgot to put these jars into inventory cells, not only to item lists?

d2r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby d2r » 13 Feb 2012, 16:11

the beavers1 wrote:Does the editor require you to move the save file into the same folder as the editor and rename it? If so its possible you either A: Didn't rename the save back to the original save name, Or B: Replaced the file back into the save folder.
Wait, DOES the editor require that? I thought you could just edit them even if the editor was located elsewhere.

@Tolich - No, I put them into cells, but they still don't appear.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 Feb 2012, 01:35

d2r wrote:Wait, DOES the editor require that? I thought you could just edit them even if the editor was located elsewhere.
No, it doesn't require that.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”