Custom music in H3

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Custom music in H3

Unread postby Konfuzius » 23 Jan 2012, 18:11

I've been playing Heroes 3 for a couple of days now and wanted to change the music a bit by playing my own soundtracks.
I chose some MP3s, gave them the right name and replaced them but ingame there is only silence.

I've also downloaded the music fix, but my soundtracks still aren't played. I don't know what it could be, does H3 only support mp3s if they are in a certain frequency?

I've already changed music in H5 and didn't got any problems and couldn't find somethng on the web, so I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jan 2012, 19:24

It's possible with very little effort. Please use search, i was solved many times before. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ridureyu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ridureyu » 23 Jan 2012, 19:51

Just rename your custom MP3s to match the old Heroes 3 ones, and put them in the folder. Rename the original MP3s, too, so you don't overwrite them and lose them forever. For silence, yeah, search and see what other people have found.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 27 Jan 2012, 14:30

Of course I did search before asking, but no "solution" worked for me. As I mentioned in my first part I did rename them correctly, in fact I copied the file name so there are no possible spelling errors.

All MP3 are lame codec, are there any other technical specifications I should know?
Also, I have the music fix dll in my directory.

Or may it be because I've got the H3 Complete edition? I've heard already that this version behaviours slightly different than the original.

greggydion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby greggydion » 30 Jan 2012, 23:07

I don't know what it could be, does H3 only support mp3s if they are in a certain frequency?

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 01 Feb 2012, 18:19

Oh I found the cause. Heroes 3 doesn't seem to like tracks that are longer than 4 minutes... and my mp3s were pretty long ^^

Just telling in case somebody has the same problem.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”