Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 18:02

pg 25... and you guys still haven't fixed this... jeez.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2011, 18:42

Well, taking this long to make the game, it's sort of a duty now to present something at least awesome. Did you like the rune/skill system of theirs, TT?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 20:10

I like the skills technically only having one point in them and adjusting to your level, and the rune system is cool...

But i think they made the respec side too easy to do... i would have preferred if they did something along the lines of letting you pick 12-14 (out of at least 29-30) skills at lvl 30, so you can have two completely different builds to switch between while travelling in combat areas, with point reset in town... that way you make each character feel more unique where the skills available are concerned, and not just rely on runes and equipment for that...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2011, 20:36

IC. Somewhat, poorly compared though, like the two weapon layouts you could keep changing to and fro in D2? I think it swapped by pressing W, or something like that. So the swapping of builds could work alike.

Something I like in this version is the interactive environment, crumbling things, bottomless pits. They must be a hell of an aid in the most difficult level.

No mention yet of a 6th character?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 21:05

Well the weapon swap was too abusable, like using it to flash bonuses etc, so i doný miss it that much, especially since you can just swap them manually...

JuiceAlex1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JuiceAlex1 » 11 Oct 2011, 18:22

ThunderTitan wrote:I like the skills technically only having one point in them and adjusting to your level, and the rune system is cool...

But i think they made the respec side too easy to do... i would have preferred if they did something along the lines of letting you pick 12-14 (out of at least 29-30) skills at lvl 30, so you can have two completely different builds to switch between while travelling in combat areas, with point reset in town... that way you make each character feel more unique where the skills available are concerned, and not just rely on runes and equipment for that...
I also really like the skills and the runestones. Blizzard also announced the new diablo 3 barbarian skills, as well as the addition of the Auction House to the Beta.

Does anyone on this forum tried the Diablo 3 beta yet? If yes, shoot me a PM so we could level up together!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Oct 2011, 18:24

Blizzard announced a special pack with the game. I'd like to take a look on the the Art of Diablo III (208 pages, if I'm not mistaken). And the USB driver is kinda nice. Could be 8 GB... :rolleyes:

Forgot to add this:
Very little bugs.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Nov 2011, 14:30

Pre-ordered the game from Amazon UK for 30 pounds.. that's cheaper then SC2 is here atm...

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 13 Jan 2012, 20:43

How can you pre-order the game when there isn't evena release date yet?

Super excited for D3.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2012, 22:50

CloudRiderX wrote:How can you pre-order the game when there isn't evena release date yet?
Moniez, people will take them from you if you offer...

Also, don't you remember when DNF finally came out that they promised to give people that had pre-ordered something extra... so those guys had it pre-ordered from 10 years ago...

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 15 Jan 2012, 21:23

That makes sense I guess.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2012, 23:21

BTW, did you guys see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjnC-z-k5-Y

Some nice shots of cinematic Tyrael and Diablo after 10:20 that Blizz edited out fromt heir site.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 17 Jan 2012, 15:11

So the new Diablo(?) looks like the corrupted version of Tyrael with an infernal halo. Cool.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jan 2012, 17:13

TheUndeadKing wrote:So the new Diablo(?) looks like the corrupted version of Tyrael with an infernal halo. Cool.
No, D is the ugly demon at the end...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 18 Jan 2012, 23:10

Oh, he looks the same old Diablo, only this time he's slimmer and with bigger horns. :devil:
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Jan 2012, 00:35

Man, they keep changing stuff even now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4325959 ... _2012#blog

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Mar 2012, 07:24

No one posted that they announced the release date yesterday... CH, I AM DISAPPOINT!

Anyhoo, it's 15.05.2012....

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Mar 2012, 11:04

Don't be so happy.
Last time when I read about it, it will not only require on-line ocnnection to play singleplayer but also will not have multiplayer at release.

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 16 Mar 2012, 15:27

Avonu wrote:Don't be so happy.
Last time when I read about it, it will not only require on-line ocnnection to play singleplayer but also will not have multiplayer at release.
Require online connection -> Yes, it's true. You have to be logged in BattleNet to play, even the single player stuff.

Will not have multiplayer at release -> Not quite true. What I read is that it won't have a fully functional Player vs. Player (PvP), which the team will continue to develop until they are satisfied, but is supposed to have cooperative gameplay at launch.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 17 Mar 2012, 01:01

Why are there so many games launching incomplete these days ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”