Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 30 Mar 2006, 18:16

We've got fog and several environment fx done, don't worry about that :p

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 31 Mar 2006, 12:16

Sauron wrote:P. S. While we are at source code, how did WOG team got the source code?
Who told you that? ;) AFAIK, WOG team does not have source code either.
P. S. S. It is not that mapmakers don't care, but that noone whishes to make it. Perhaps I'll make a "script" and send it to CH so that thy update to Script Library if other mapmakers are too lazy. So and so, I need it for my next map :)
Artifact merchant script was discussed number of times. The "problem" here is a big number of artifacts, which slows down the script. Other problem is pricing. Different mapmakers would wish to set different prices for some artifacts. Lack of proper interface, for example, to display several artifacts with prices so player can choose which to sell is another problem. If you think about it, you'll see that the task is quite complex.
But if you succeed in it - it'll be great!
Crusard wrote:We've got fog and several environment fx done, don't worry about that :p
Don't tease the community! :D
Or we'll be left with no surprises for 3.6 :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 31 Mar 2006, 15:17

Crusard wrote:We've got fog and several environment fx done, don't worry about that :p
Aren't you guys the best? :D

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blueman » 01 Apr 2006, 20:28

I am not sure if this idea has already been proposed (I did not read all the posts in this thread), but it would be an amazing improvement to be able to see exactly where the friendly creatures will be moving to/attacking from. I am talking about the feature that was used in H2 (and I think H3 too) that presented the future grid position with a different transparency level.
Currently, you can only see the movement icon or the sword icon. Sometimes it can prove difficult to place a creature exactly behind a friendly creature, as the icon might be misleading. Showing the occupied "hexes" in a different color/transparency would give the user the confidence in the move he plans to make.

Thanks for the great work!:hail:

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 22 Apr 2006, 09:15

I got my idea when I was fighting against a neutral army of Pirates. Could you give them ranged attack in form of a musket pistol? They'd have the same ability as Orcs have, the one that limits the accuracy of ranged attack (Short range attack was it?). And they'd only have 1 or 2 shots. There could be problem with the AI though: if Pirates would have only 1 shot, AI might waste it shooting from far away with LOW effect (1/8).

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 22 Apr 2006, 09:42

KonserniJohtaja wrote:I got my idea when I was fighting against a neutral army of Pirates. Could you give them ranged attack in form of a musket pistol? They'd have the same ability as Orcs have, the one that limits the accuracy of ranged attack (Short range attack was it?). And they'd only have 1 or 2 shots. There could be problem with the AI though: if Pirates would have only 1 shot, AI might waste it shooting from far away with LOW effect (1/8).
1.) Not really sure if pistols are for medieval fantasy setting. But there are golems and dragon golems so this woudn't be a suprise.

2.) However, AI creatures usually don't shot from 1/8 distance. Thats why they get near and then shoot.

3.) Unles they shoot from the sword, this won't be in as Equilibrius team can't make new creature animations (else we would have new creatures).
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 23 Apr 2006, 07:32

Sauron wrote:1.) Not really sure if pistols are for medieval fantasy setting. But there are golems and dragon golems so this woudn't be a suprise.

2.) However, AI creatures usually don't shot from 1/8 distance. Thats why they get near and then shoot.

3.) Unles they shoot from the sword, this won't be in as Equilibrius team can't make new creature animations (else we would have new creatures).
Point taken. But I thought that Megadragon came with Equilibris. I have only played the "real" HoMaM4 and Equilibris, not The Gathering Storm and Winds of War since I got them after I found out about this brilliant mod! Of course this works just with HoMaM4 but I wanted to get them all.

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 23 Apr 2006, 14:27

I just have advice (depends on your appeal) for equilibris team. I'm not sure whether they're going to do so, but I will say it prematurely - when you make building (in 3D) don't leave it as decoration, but give it any destination. I'll be sooooooooo disgruntled if you make any of these building that you showed in "news" section without any destination. Even something small, like +1 morale, + 10 to life points to hero.... thereby I think game would be much much much better with such small stuff...
Do you know what I mean? :)

And after all those buildings are great ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 14:36

I think all of those buildings already have some special use.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 23 Apr 2006, 16:24

Sure they do, Equilibris is not a decoration team!

Elve
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Elve » 24 Apr 2006, 09:40

Will there be a random map generator in the final version of equilibris? Is there a way that thing can be made?

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 24 Apr 2006, 12:14

I doubt :)

I think it could be done, but simply there's no need for this. Maps made by computer would be dull, too much random things and everything would be the same...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Apr 2006, 19:00

Dalai told that there will be one.

But here is H4Util which has it, but it could take some time to learn how to run (you must do it in DOS, but the program is in Windows window). Once you run it, you will see that H3 Random Map Generator is nothing compared to this :)

https://www.celestialheavens.com/157
(WARNING!! You need to be registered to FilePlanet to download it!!)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Apr 2006, 19:39

Sauron wrote:Dalai told that there will be one.
Wow! Seriously? A Random Map Generator in the next version of Equilibris? :-D With six new Campaigns & a RMG too as well as all the other little treats. It's definetely worth the wait.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 25 Apr 2006, 09:08

KonserniJohtaja wrote:Could you give them ranged attack in form of a musket pistol?
Sorry, we can't take Ubisoft's laurels of introducing the firearms into HoMM universe. ;)
KonserniJohtaja wrote:There could be problem with the AI though: if Pirates would have only 1 shot, AI might waste it shooting from far away with LOW effect (1/8).
If you watch carefully, units like Orcs or Centaurs always shoot their last shot without penalty (with full arrow).
HPfan wrote:when you make building (in 3D) don't leave it as decoration
Every building has it's purpose, don't worry. At least quest hut.
Sauron wrote:Dalai told that there will be one.
Amendment: Dalai told that Equilibris Team has it among their priorities. :)
Sauron wrote:But here is H4Util which has it, but it could take some time to learn how to run (you must do it in DOS, but the program is in Windows window). Once you run it, you will see that H3 Random Map Generator is nothing compared to this
From my experience of using this utility, maps created by it are far too ... random! That is why we started RMG from scratch.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Apr 2006, 15:20

Dalai wrote: If you watch carefully, units like Orcs or Centaurs always shoot their last shot without penalty (with full arrow).
I didnt know that.Did you guys added that feature?

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 25 Apr 2006, 15:27

Dalai wrote:
KonserniJohtaja wrote:Could you give them ranged attack in form of a musket pistol?
Sorry, we can't take Ubisoft's laurels of introducing the firearms into HoMM universe. ;)
You're right, of course not! But somehow I have the feeling that Pirates could use a new ability. I wonder why...
Dalai wrote:
KonserniJohtaja wrote:There could be problem with the AI though: if Pirates would have only 1 shot, AI might waste it shooting from far away with LOW effect (1/8).
If you watch carefully, units like Orcs or Centaurs always shoot their last shot without penalty (with full arrow).
Haven't noticed that even though I'm a big fan of all this.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Apr 2006, 19:13

I think we had this suggestion before,but no harm to mention it again:Can you make FoW to replenish when you finish your turn instead of the instant the area is out of your LoS?

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Apr 2006, 01:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:I think we had this suggestion before,but no harm to mention it again:Can you make FoW to replenish when you finish your turn instead of the instant the area is out of your LoS?
Don't think so :S

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 26 Apr 2006, 09:29

I didnt know that.Did you guys added that feature?
No, it's 3DO. :)
Haven't noticed that even though I'm a big fan of all this.
It's a deep game ;)

For examle, did you know that targets on quicksand lose some defense?
Can you make FoW to replenish when you finish your turn instead of the instant the area is out of your LoS?
It's a good idea, and we tried to do it, but no success so far :( Thanks for reminding anyway ;)

Return to “Equilibris”