Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Seven

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 17 Jan 2012, 16:39

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/801

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 17 Jan 2012, 16:39

Maltz, in regards to the walls not giving bonuses, it seems that it is a feature in this mission. In Inferno mission 2, the walls do give bonuses as indicated in the manual. Cheers!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Se

Unread postby Naki » 15 Feb 2012, 15:05

Hmm, you don't mention the 2nd hero, Akamas. Should we level him up, or not?

There is no quest to collect 40 stacks. There is a quest to DEFEAT 40 Sanctuary neutral stacks. Please fix that sentence in the walk-through!
May the Implosion be with you!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 15 Feb 2012, 17:05

The player gets different carry-over side kick heroes for choosing different paths. Since I also pick up the trait "free first generic hero", I don't think leveling up the secondary heroes make a difference. You can always pick up Mentor to level them up. (Then drop Mentor at Level II Tear/Blood).

I think I meant 40 Stronghold stacks.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 15 Feb 2012, 19:34

I am playing the game in Offline mode - no traits or whatever.
EDIT: Maybe a separate walkthough is needed for Offline mode??

I don't see a quest for any Stronghold stacks. I only see a quest for the Sanctuary (enemy) stacks. Can you give us a screenshot of the quest you have in mind? NOTE: Maybe your Sandor is Tears and that is why you got another quest? My Sandor is Blood.

OK, level up Akamas not, but still give him troops to visit any Arenas to get the +2 Attack/Defense boosts, yes?

Mentoring only levels up to 75% experience, does it not?
Also, my Sandor has leveled up to level 24 already and does not have Mentoring, does that mean I need to pick Mentoring in mission 4?

What I mean is, having Akamas strong in the last mission, mission 4, would help! Is that assumption wrong? I mean just one strong main hero (Sandor) and having all the others very weak in the final mission can't be good, no?

Also, I don't see any Golden Egg anywhere!
Is it at 4? At 4 I just have some Phoenixes, guarding the Shackles of No Retreat (which I already have). No egg.
EDIT: Maybe it is a random artifact there, so you got the Egg and I did not. Or, maybe it is a thing of patching, maybe the Goose egg was removed in patch 1.2/1.2.1 on this map.

There is no mention of the Shrines of 7th Dragon. Are those useless in this map? Shall we not level up using them?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 16 Feb 2012, 12:25

The reason you're getting a different quest is definitely because your Sandor is Blood, it says in the quest description that the quest to collect Stronghold troops is a Tears quest. You'll probably get a different quest for the Hai Ryou as well.

Having a decently levelled secondary hero is pretty useful in my opinion, but I never could be bothered to train them without using Mentor, because often there's not even enough experience for your main hero. Still, if you get Mentor during Mission 3, you can get your secondary hero to level 20+, which should be enough.

Unlike with other maps I never found a real reason to actually use the second hero here. A hired hero will be better at collecting things because you can give them Realm abilities and since there's only one town and not enough troops to go around, there's no need to have another fighting hero.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 16 Feb 2012, 14:42

Yeah, thanks!

What I thought is this:

You get Akamas in mission 2. If you visit all stat boosts in mission 2, mission 3 and then 4, Akamas will be stronger than an extra hired hero in mission 4, because that extra hired hero did not have the chance to pick any bonuses in missions 2 and 3, he can only use bonuses in that last mission 4.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 31 Jul 2013, 08:18

"Mentoring only levels up to 75% experience, does it not?"

things have changed. mentoring only does 50% now, and is entirely useless in the campaigns. You really are better off taking the time to level up your sidekick hero, as they can visit bonus shrines, etc.

or, as maltz said, just ignore it entirely, and custom design your free hero on each map. won't be as high a level, or have bonus points to abilities, but you can at least place the skills where you want them.

for those that like a fast game, ignore the sidekick and just focus on tavern heroes. For min/maxers, or those that like to rp their sidekicks, spend the time to level them up.

oh, and absolutely the BEST platinum trait to take for this mission, hands down? PLANESWALKER.
Allows you to teleport home with next to no move points needed or used! Yes, that's right, you don't need to conserve 20 move points any more, only 10! this is probably the single map that spawned the idea to create the trait to begin with, it has so much utility here.

for the battle with the sea dragon, if you went chieftan, you will find that when you activate your special ability.... well, I'll let you see for yourself :) Save the game before you fight it, in case you wanted the achievements (I axed it on day 7 of month 1 in 3 turns on hard :P ), then reload if you want to complete the tears quest.

shn98
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby shn98 » 12 Oct 2013, 04:37

The Sanctuary heroes, magic ones, usually start with a Sunburst, followed by Lightning Bolt on Centaurs or Jaguars.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Seven

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 11 Jun 2021, 20:20

I have to wonder at the thought process on the part of the mapmaker:

"You know what would be fun? A map where we'll spawn three heroes at once who can go around terrain barriers to hit in two days what takes the player four days to get to."

"No, that's not fun enough. Make sure that every time he tries to do the side quest, we spawn armies that go directly for the only town he's got so he has to town portal back. That way, he'll have to have an army large enough to defend against 3-4 heroes at town with a subpar secondary hero, while *also* having a large enough army to deal with the 75000 hit point dragon with freezing attacks!"

"Wait. That's not fun enough, yet. No mines at the starting town! That's the ticket!"

Return to “Articles”