Looking for someone willing to do some scripts

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Looking for someone willing to do some scripts

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 22 Apr 2006, 06:43

Hi, down i will write a list of things i would like to be done that i didn't see done.
I would like to have a group of scripts or whatever that allow me to have that, i would also like in that group several other scripts but that i've seen done.
Of course i just gave some idea of what i want but not exact information (the last would be if i get an arrangement)
I wanted those stuff done.
If anyone wanna contact me because you are interested to do this work, i'm willing to pay for it, please contact me at ***Alexkidd103@hotmail***(i would prefer you to add me to msn), and we can talk what you can, what you can't do , in how much time, and of course the price for the work and how could we arrange a method of payment. Thanks

Units:
Make units skills chargeable and it's effect relative to the power of the stack to the power of the defense.
Chargeable example: For example, unicorns every 3 turns can do a Blind attack.
Relativity example: Blind time=(Unicorn attack*Number of unicorns in the stack)/(defender defense*Number of defenders)

Make easier to give attack multipliers to units like "marksman hates dendroids, 1.5 attack vs dendroids"

Spells:
Make most/all spells be affected by spellpower
Example: Haste gives "speed=spellpower/1,5" so for example a 12 spellpower haste would give +8 speed. On the other hand this is how dispel would work. if you cast a dispel on a 12 spellpower haste with a 4 spellpower dispell, the haste would still be there, but would act as a 8 spellpower haste instead of 12(giving only +6 speed).

Make magueguilds work like black markets. So you buy the spells that go to your mageguild.

Terrain:
Change the bonus that grass gives to rampart etc.

Savegames:
Make some tool to prevent one player to watch the savegame when playing online

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 22 Apr 2006, 12:49

As for magic - I`m doing something like this in my new magic system script. I`m still waiting for Slava to hardcode some things into ERM so that I could do this (like square root function, exponenctial function etc.).
Beholder

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 22 Apr 2006, 21:21

Glad to hear, to be honest that among with the one of the savegames is the one script i'm most concerned with

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 24 Apr 2006, 01:09

Strange, nobody wants to do scripts even for money? :(

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Looking for someone willing to do some scripts

Unread postby Fnord » 24 Apr 2006, 05:26

Pollo2002 wrote: Make easier to give attack multipliers to units like "marksman hates dendroids, 1.5 attack vs dendroids"
What do you mean by this exactly? It's pretty easy to do now with stack experience.
- Fnord

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 24 Apr 2006, 07:05

With this i mean give to other units the hate ability like the one genies have vs efreet or angels vs devils

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 24 Apr 2006, 07:31

Pollo2002 wrote:With this i mean give to other units the hate ability like the one genies have vs efreet or angels vs devils
Right. Well, as I said, it's pretty easy to do this with stack experience. Have you tried customizing the stack experience file?

You can even set it so that an ability starts at level 0.
- Fnord

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 24 Apr 2006, 08:16

i've seen the file and i can modify the attack, defense , speed bonuses, give shoots, but nothing like what imentioned

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 24 Apr 2006, 17:02

Pollo2002 wrote:i've seen the file and i can modify the attack, defense , speed bonuses, give shoots, but nothing like what imentioned
Did you read the text file that explains how to give abilities?

In the "Data\Text Resource Copy" folder is a copy of Crexpbon.txt and also two text files giving information.

The first is "How to Edit Stack Experience Files.txt" and it gives the technical basics of editing and the second is "Stack Experience Bonuses.txt" which explains what everything does, which ability is which, and the range of values you can use, etc.

Also, since most abilities already exist for some creature or other in the default stack experience Crexpbon.txt, you should be able to look at any of the creatures that we give a "hate" bonus to already to see how it's done. There are quite a few that get extra hate damage at various levels.
- Fnord

Fly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fly » 14 Jun 2006, 16:33

How i now - the huge abilites of ERM will bi in next version. Sould we wait??? ;)

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 14 Jun 2006, 20:59

well each version adds something new to ERM. It all depends on what you need - sometimes new options help a lot and sometimes you can find them useless for your scripts - but they can be a savior for someone else. It really depends on what you need.

From my experience I`d say that it`s not worth to wait for new wog, simply because it`s very hard to tell when a new version will be ready. So it could take some time, and during this period you could just write the entire script.

The problem is when it turns out that you can`t make some particular thing with current version of ERM, well then you have to wait (I suggest to pick on some other script in the meantime - you`ll catch on some new things and you won`t forget ERM and re-learning ERM is quite troublesome IMHO).
Beholder

Return to “Wake of Gods”