Your favourite faction?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What's your favourite faction?

Haven
8%
Inferno
8%
Necropolis
26%
Dungeon
13%
Academy
23%
Fortress
10%
Stronghold
13%

Total votes: 39

Diplomat of Irollan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Diplomat of Irollan » 08 Nov 2011, 16:48

Sylvan(Elves) because of Master Hunters and Treants.In combo with Druid Elders and Sliver Unicorns they are destructive force.

dr_nick_94
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dr_nick_94 » 21 Nov 2011, 17:47

I like the elves too, but I went for Academy because with their special ability, you can make your army significantly stronger than any other faction. The the artificial ability allows you to target the weakness of each of your units, and by the time your 3 rangers each end up with 14 initiative, your enemy is in trouble. My criticism for them would be it takes a long time to build up such forces and also the genies/djinns: 33 hp? wtf? they're too much of an easy (and favourable) target.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 07 Dec 2011, 14:42

I prefer Fortress because I like the defensively orientated playing style they support and the way they don't all generally all die at once.

But Stronghold with leadership and luck is HARD, even if I don't really find playing with them properly feels quite so natural. I'm playing them at the moment.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 15 Dec 2011, 19:04

Necro all the way.
Not for the vamps, but I really like Kaspar and his first tent, the resurrection it provides combined with raise dead and the ability to get more undeads after a battle is just uber IMO..

gamesaccount1billion1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gamesaccount1billion1 » 16 Jan 2012, 21:03

Infiltrator wrote:Dungeon, even though I think Dark Elves (in the state they are in the game) don't do them justice.

If it HAD to be dark elves I would have liked them to be more in line with their D&D counterparts. Not necessarily black skinned, but more metal, spikes and less obvious sex appeal.
Actually the dungeon really just rip off the games workshop Dark Elves, Hydras, cold ones, blood brides and blood maidens (Dark eldar, which are Dark elves in SPAAAAAACE) and the whole lot. It's pretty blatant. That was my first thought, and I was rather dissappointed as I thought that Heroes III Had a really interesting concept that just got watered down when they ripped off the company most prone to ripping EVEYTHING in the world off... and then copywriting it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2012, 08:17

gamesaccount1billion1 wrote: Actually the dungeon really just rip off the games workshop Dark Elves, Hydras, cold ones, blood brides and blood maidens (Dark eldar, which are Dark elves in SPAAAAAACE) and the whole lot. It's pretty blatant.
Yeah, we know... we even made a nice thread about it...

Check it out: viewtopic.php?t=6952&start=0 (the links in the OP are broken coz GW redid their website a while back)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 22 Jan 2012, 11:48

Voted Haven. I'm a long time supporter of the medieval/fantasy themed Human faction, and in fact I've been pro-"Castle" all the way starting from Heroes II. Knight/Castle/Haven... you name it, I play it.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

dr_nick_94
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dr_nick_94 » 22 Jan 2012, 17:06

Must say I'm surprised they've only got 3 votes so far... Haven may not be the most fun in my opinion, but in terms of combined army strength, they're probably the best. Shame that their training ability is reduced so much in the expansions. I suppose it's made up for with some excellent alternate upgrades...

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 22 Jan 2012, 20:21

Strongold by far. Their playstyle is far more different than those of the other faction and I like the fast and aggressive tone of the units.
Of course they lack in spells but warcries can be quiet powerful too.

/me plays the Isengard Theme :devil:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”