The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jun 2011, 21:54

Sorry I am not familiar with those messages. If they are part of TCC Part 2, then the source of knowledge for that is BDJ. He can be contacted at the TELP MM6 forum.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dr_Prospector
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wow, ancient

Unread postby Dr_Prospector » 18 Jun 2011, 15:28

Always loved MM6 and have played through it fully about 5 times now over 10 years or so. Was hoping to find something new for it, but all the links are broken. Although it has been years since the original post was made, fixing those links would be awesome

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Jun 2011, 15:52

if you look 4 TCC - you can download it here:

http://www.mmgames.ru/index.php?option= ... 90&lang=en
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Dracodile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracodile » 02 Jul 2011, 11:50

I have one question: does loyd's beacon work in the fortress of anarchy?
Logic tells me no, but The Seer said nothing about it.

Salvatore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salvatore » 02 Jul 2011, 19:28

about the legendary heroes add on for this, how do I install it? It looks amazing

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 03 Jul 2011, 18:37

Salvatore wrote:about the legendary heroes add on for this, how do I install it? It looks amazing
there are simple instruction: put files to derictory it should affect andexecute. name of target file and executable should be similar = patch process will start (but do not forget to have a backup copy of your game before you will do any kind of changes - anything could happened).
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Can't find a good place to download it

Unread postby Roticet » 06 Jul 2011, 08:10

Been a frequent reader in here of late looking for good mods of the M&M series. Playing the BDJ/Maestro mod for MM7, must say, really great work on both. Since those were good, figured I would try the TCC, but every time I try and download it from Maestro's little site (mmgames.ru), it freezes my browser and won't come up with save file window, can someone send me an email with the files for me to download that way? PM me plz if you can or want to. Really looking forward to TCC once I figure out how to get it downloaded. Oh, and I'm using Firefox, if that's the problem with downloading from Maestro's site, plz suggest a browser that will work. And is TCC actually done? Didn't get a chance to read thru all the posts to find out myself.

Edit: Seems it is done since there is a legendary heroes mod to go on top. So, can someone send me both instead? Any help will be appreciated.

And again, I would like to thank everyone that has done the mods, BDJ/Maestro's mod for MM7 is great.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Re: Can't find a good place to download it

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 06 Jul 2011, 09:28

Roticet wrote:Been a frequent reader in here of late looking for good mods of the M&M series. Playing the BDJ/Maestro mod for MM7, must say, really great work on both. Since those were good, figured I would try the TCC, but every time I try and download it from Maestro's little site (mmgames.ru), it freezes my browser and won't come up with save file window
there is an instruction about donloading "7zip" formats.

browser cannot see 7Z file format and try to open it as it was TXT file! you got to use doenload manager or just right clic on a link -> save file as.

7Z was used for economy of a space, it saves us about 30mb for TCC in comparition of ZIP file.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 06 Jul 2011, 10:13

Oh, thanks for the info and the quick reply. :) Now I can download it. :D

smidfild
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thank you

Unread postby smidfild » 13 Aug 2011, 22:40

Well, just finished the TCC game (both parts), and also a rev4 mod month earlier. There is no point in writing my thoughts in separate threads, so gonna post it here, and i hope somebody of the developers reads it.

What can i say, MM 6-8 have been with me for like 10 years, started as a kid (remember completing like half of the MM6 without even knowing that you could spend skill points =) ), and now i'm finishing my university. Mm6 is a very special game to me, i don't even know how to describe it. I've grown up with it, and many moments of my life are associated with it (my beloved girl called and told that she loved me and wanted to be with me while i was clearing castle Kriegspire, lol, and etc.). I revisit it once a year or so, you know, when it's summer, or you have a vacation, when you can just lock in your room, drink beer and relax. This game is one of my best friends for sure, i dont know why, but if i need to think on something or make some decision in real life, its always easier for me if i'm playing MM).

Ofc nothing can compare with 1st solution (well, speaking about MM series, it took like 3-5 solutions for each game for me to know them really well, and the game world is huge, even now i find new secrets or tricks). Once it was hard to complete the game or do a quest with full party, now i can solo it with some warrior (soloed mm8 with troll once just for laughs). And ofc i wished i could just clear my memory and play it once again as a new game. You guys gave me a chane.

I started with Mm7 rev4mod and from the beginning to the end it was a great fun to play. I am not sure who was the main storyliner/world designer (probably BDJ), but this guy is very talented. Yes, i really mean it. Rev4mod is kinda the same, just the different storyline, quests, etc.
But i had a feeling of a different game. I walked the same EMerald Island for like 10th time but i had a feeling as it was different place (cave is sealed, goblins, festival of five moons, etc.). And here is this feeling - you dont know where to go and what to do, you have a chance to explore once again! While mm7 isnt changed much, it was a great experience, great fun, great story. Jester Folly encounter was one of the greatest encounters in MM series imo. Class combination, that gauntlet... Oh man, i had a great time...

ANd now about TCC. Took me 2 weeks to complete it. I'm stunned. Literally. Brand new graphics, brand new story (i got to admit, story and quests are just awesome and it was very interesting to discover what would happen next), brand new game, what more could you ask for? Played on normal difficulty level, and i got what original MM6 lacked - challenge! As soon as you got Dark magic master and boosted it up - the game turned to easy mode, even high end mobs would die with 1-2 sharp metal spells. TCC is well balanced, i liked that master level guilds were limited and air magic was so hard to get. Same as dark magic master, you get it almost at the end of the game. So instead of flying around, i had to explore the world, talk to everyone, check every dungeon (was so great to see different dungeons in familiar places). And yes, finally i had to think about strategy, instead of just rushing and killing. MOnsters are much tougher, hit harder and damn, there LOTS of them =) You have to run, dodge, use bows and weapons. And new names of the zones made it even better, i had to randomly explore em all till i found needed one.
Sometimes i've been stuck, so you also have to use your brain and think, and thank God, riddles are hard but at least logical (cant say the same bout original).
Bosses were great, they look different now and are much tougher, not just a regular enemy.
Sometimes it was annoying (like any MM game =) ) - in some castles whole party got instantly cursed, insaned, poisoned, and all defencive spell got instantly dispelled, it was just inavoidable (thank god i got archer and pala with their axes ready). And i had to get 4 master repairs, because they crush your armour like its made of glass.
By the end of your game party, ofc, get overpowered (finished part 1 with lvl 120 or something), but enemies still can beat you. While they die with 2-3 spells hits, they deal insane dmg by themselves, so it's like the winner is the one who hits first). Drow Hive was the amazing experience, clear the whole dungeon without lloyds beacon and opportunity to rest was a big challenge.
So, the whole part 1 was a new game for me, even "atmosphere" is different.
Will continue the post tomorrow)

krakra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krakra » 10 Oct 2011, 00:41

Hello, first off i want to thank you for the great work. I am new in TCC and i seem to be having some trouble.

I am at the start of the game, about level 5 and i cannot train the merchant skill anywhere. I have opened the annotated maps pdf and tried the Avalon and the Ellesia merchant trainers but they do not offer to train it to me.

Thanks in advance.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Oct 2011, 23:23

I am a bit confused, you can learn the Merchant skill in the Buccaneer’s Lair in Ellesia, but there are no trainers for the skill there. In Port Sleigon and Kopeolani village in the Bog of Tounela are where the expert trainers are located. In Avalon is the master trainer. So which level are you looking for, in any case those are the various locations.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 12 Oct 2011, 01:28

Finished this game a few months ago (before the walkthroughs came out). It was amazing, full new story, difficulty turned up, all sorts of new monsters and skins, and no rampant abuse of Fly until pretty late made a huge difference in the overall gameplay. It utilized all sorts of areas that weren't required to fully explore in the base game such as areas in Castle Alamos, the teleporter in the Thieves' Guild (C1) Hideout, and the Caves of the Dragon Riders.

I especially appreciated the use of mechanics that even JVC hadn't used (dropping more monsters on you every load in the hive was MEAN). Oh and the Obelisk reward was ... interesting but worth it.

I would've left a thank you on BDJ's site but was blocked by something at Mediafire. Anyway, thanks to BDJ and the rest of the TCC team for an amazing game! I've recommended it to my friends that enjoyed MM6.

Lvl 145 Avenger
Lvl 150 Stalker
Lvl 147 Exorcist
Lvl 152 Adept
Total Time: 0 years, 3 months, 25 days
Final score: 637867

Edit: Replayed and made an attempt to max out score (although there was something that reset my XP in part 2 back down to standard cap, costing me a few million XP). Total experience on all characters around 26m (clearing out Land that Time Forgot had a TON of xp).

Lvl 193 Avenger
Lvl 198 Stalker
Lvl 193 Exorcist
Lvl 203 Adept
Total Time: 0 years, 2 months, 12 days
Final Score: 1,538,298
Last edited by Arret on 14 Nov 2011, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

krakra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krakra » 14 Oct 2011, 09:10

Thank you jeff for the reply.

I meant that the Buccaneer Lair in Elessia didn't offer to teach my characters the merchant skill thought the "TCC Part 1 Annotated Maps.pdf" points out that it should. I had the same problem in Avalon. I don't remember where i ended up getting it but i eventually came across a learning center that did teach it to me.

Cheers

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 10 Dec 2011, 12:25

Going to start this again got a way through the first part then wiped my computer and forgot to back it up quite a while ago. Wish me luck!

topdog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Archer Promotion?

Unread postby topdog » 23 Dec 2011, 00:00

It may be my advancing age, but for the life of me I can't seem to find where the archer promotion is given out.
Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: Archer Promotion?

Unread postby Mn » 23 Dec 2011, 08:56

topdog wrote:It may be my advancing age, but for the life of me I can't seem to find where the archer promotion is given out.
Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks
N-E corner of Avalon, there is castle of archer promouter. Be careful, ton of gargoyles fly here.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Dec 2011, 14:37

The threads for the walkthroughs are buried deep so here are the links.
Mainline and promotion quests walkthrough
http://www.mediafire.com/?o8v1atah7c4m4fc
Local Quest walkthrough
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3ph59yz7hso06l

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 Jan 2012, 07:10

Guys, I just found out that BDJ's mediafire is down: http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Can someone reupload his mods? Or am I missing a mirror that's already there?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Jan 2012, 08:04

there is always a mirror...
http://www.mmgames.ru/index.php?option= ... 90&lang=en

for what porposes i got http://www.mmgames.ru in my signature?!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Return to “Might and Magic”