Favorite Glitch?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ridureyu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Favorite Glitch?

Unread postby Ridureyu » 29 Dec 2011, 00:42

With the onset of a new Heroes VI patch fixing such issues as "creatures not doing any damage," and "non-damaging spells killing people," I wonder - what are YOUR favorite glitches in Heroes history? As for me, I have fond memories of that glitch in Heroes II that always crashed the game after a couple of months. It was like an impossible time limit!

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 30 Dec 2011, 09:52

Mine's definitely the bug I found myself a long, long time ago.
Basically when you fly over a hostile castle, you have to stop flying right on the entrance. (Perhaps space stops flight? Can't remember now.)

But when you're at the entrance, if you pressed enter as to enter the town "without fighting" (You normally can't stand on the entrance unless it's your town.)
You'll instead fight yourself. (Exactly yourself, that's right.)
This is a cruel battle, mind you. If you lose, you die. If you win, you die.

Interesting nonetheless though. ;)

Star King
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Star King » 30 Dec 2011, 10:43

Bloax wrote:Mine's definitely the bug I found myself a long, long time ago.
Basically when you fly over a hostile castle, you have to stop flying right on the entrance. (Perhaps space stops flight? Can't remember now.)

But when you're at the entrance, if you pressed enter as to enter the town "without fighting" (You normally can't stand on the entrance unless it's your town.)
You'll instead fight yourself. (Exactly yourself, that's right.)
This is a cruel battle, mind you. If you lose, you die. If you win, you die.

Interesting nonetheless though. ;)
Haha, I tried this and it worked! Very funny. You fight yourself, but the army in the town's garrison is added to the army of the hero. The entire army is lost from the town after the fight, so if there's a well-defended town you could abuse this bug to make the defenses disappear (although you have to sacrifice a hero).

Is there a list of HOMMIII bugs out there?

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 30 Dec 2011, 13:48

It's quite expensive though, as you sacrifice a source of flight.
Which as I hear is considered absolutely overpowered in most cases. ;P

Star King
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Star King » 31 Dec 2011, 02:15

Bloax wrote:It's quite expensive though, as you sacrifice a source of flight.
Which as I hear is considered absolutely overpowered in most cases. ;P
I experimented with this bug a little more and realized you don't have to sacrifice a hero at all. In fact, you can retreat, or surrender and steal the troops that were stationed in the town's garrison. This means you can attack a town with something like one pikeman with this bug, and steal the troops that were guarding the town. Completely broken LOL.

However, there's a bit of a risk. If there's a hero in the town's garrison, you will fight yourself outside of the town (and control both heroes instead of the AI controlling one) and gain nothing at all. Oh well.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 18 Feb 2012, 22:23

That stealing troops from towns garrison is a funny glitch.

In WoG, you can(in map editor) put warmachines as creatures in a town's garrison or hero's army. Then(when playing) you can use them(you also need some 'real' creatures), but they disappear after one battle. You could also leave them in town for additional protection for one battle.

Also, sorcery specialty affects Fireshield of Efreet Sultans.

In heroes 4, you can pass through some of the garrisons by splitting your army next to them.

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Korbac » 22 Apr 2012, 18:29

My favourite bug was in Restoration of Erathia. If you aim your catapult for the central tower - it will always hit one of the side towers with 100% certainty. The bug was removed in Armageddon's Blade.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”