Patch 1.2 on December 20th

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Dec 2011, 17:20

Is it just me or is the game more laggy since the patch? No matter how i adjust my settings the animations are more choppy and the graphics just seem worse than before...
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 20 Dec 2011, 20:39

It does seem to be laggier after the patch, though on the plus side things like luck and the Imperial Griffins special are actually working now...

(though if you're defending hotkeys still don't)
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Dec 2011, 14:08

Did some research, and it turns out the reason that they shipped the game out early was because they didn't want it competing with Skyrim, which I can totally understand haha.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 21 Dec 2011, 15:09

The obvious reason is that they wanted the game to be out on the 25th anniversary of M&M; they advertised it as such. The thing is, they weren't ready but didn't want to miss the year. They could have waited until Christmas, though.

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shoaura » 22 Dec 2011, 09:37

So which would be better? Competing with Skyrim... or releasing a product that is known to have major gameplay issues? IMO competing with Skyrim is the lesser of two evils here since your company's name wouldn't be tarnished with the potential of people not buying from you again.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Dec 2011, 12:55

The game's sale will be miserable for competing with Skyrim, though. Going for the early release, to get the sale, and then have monthly patch to address bugs and so on. The result might be the same two months later (70% of bugs being fixed).

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 22 Dec 2011, 13:24

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I think Heroes is a minor title for Ubisoft anyway. If they didn't do something to ensure good sales numbers then it would probably be an easy decision to drop the franchise entirely. We (the people who care enough to post on forums) are the only sales they stood to lose by releasing an unfinished product.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 23 Dec 2011, 01:29

jeff wrote:I don't see anything about the Griffon Battle Dive bug.
Yep, it is still not working. How could such a major bug slip through testing? I'd expect that the testers tried out ALL creatures..

Original poster - add to the list Skeleton, the bug that the unupgraded unit could also slow down enemies has been fixed thankfully.

Other (maybe new) bug I noticed with Flame Spirits - their attack or damage is not showing on the unit statistic table.

Also, the game crashed at least twice for me after I installed the patch. And the weird bug that disables map rotation or movement with cursor keys (very uncomfortable in battle) still persists, it happens every now and then.
CloudRiderX wrote:Did some research, and it turns out the reason that they shipped the game out early was because they didn't want it competing with Skyrim, which I can totally understand haha.
That makes no sense at all. Skyrim is a (third-person) RPG. HOMMVI is a turn-based strategy... Now, if it was King's Bounty they were competing with, I'd understant, but with that reasoning you could say they did not want to compete with Diablo III... totally different genre.
Blueman wrote:I'm playing it already and the chipmunks are still there...
Oh, thank Primus I am not the only one who thought that. :) Whenever I win a battle I wonder what the heck is giving out that screeching sound when I have no griffins, then I realize it's the hero's horse...

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 23 Dec 2011, 05:31

I am reading the exciting comments and I am taking the decision... NOT to play this game till A SERIOUS patch is released.

This is still a beta testing MF's!

PS Which doesn't mean I am not feeling sorry for the guys that put their hart and soul in this product. Sorry guys, but this is just not right.

world_pacifier
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby world_pacifier » 23 Dec 2011, 10:27

I feel silly asking this but how do you download the patch 1.2? I would have thought it should be automatic when you run the Uplay and when it logs to Conflux. With Uplay, it searched for patches but once I logged on to Conflux and successfully connected, the patch number is still 1.1.1. Is there any way I can download it and install like the 'old way'? Thanks...

Update... i unistalled the game and reinstalled. During installment, it upgraded it to 1.1.1 but not 1.2.

Update: It worked now.. I was looking for gu.exe (whatever that is) but when I right click the HoMMVI on the Start button, there is a choice 'Run as Administrator" - chose that one and it automatically downloaded the patch. Didn't have any problem with 1.1.1 but this one had. Thanks for the suggestion...
Edited on Fri, Dec 23 2011, 06:37 by world_pacifier

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 23 Dec 2011, 11:28

^ Try the gu.exe in the game folder. ;)

PS Finally the annoying "There is no such page" is gone!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Dec 2011, 12:00

We are still pushing for an exe file to be released so we can create a torrent for it. I have no idea what is taking those fools so long.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 23 Dec 2011, 12:05

I'll tell you what: they will want extra $ for the (torrent) patch.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Dec 2011, 22:53

I do admit I was expecting a bigger patch considering its been two months since the game's release. League of Legends comes out with patches this big every two weeks.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Dec 2011, 23:50

I just remembered that I wrote this editorial a while ago ... it's a good read about unfinished games and the reasons for the trend, in case you guys would like to check it out.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Covenant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Enhanced patch feature

Unread postby Covenant » 29 Dec 2011, 21:05

I like the new patch. It now restricts my gaming to 1/2 an hour then the game crashes! How pathetic. Before this big patch i was actually running the game quite well, no real major issues. Now this patch has caused two crashes and the sides of the gaming board now flicker.

I did do a defrag and that helped the loading time immensly. So who at UBI will get fired over this disaster??

jeff

Re: Enhanced patch feature

Unread postby jeff » 29 Dec 2011, 23:15

Covenant wrote: I did do a defrag and that helped the loading time immensly. So who at UBI will get fired over this disaster??
No one, they'll get a Christmas bonus. 8|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Enhanced patch feature

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 31 Dec 2011, 22:35

Covenant wrote:I did do a defrag and that helped the loading time immensly. So who at UBI will get fired over this disaster??
Not defending Ubi or Blackhole here as it sounds like this game definitely needs some more patching (I have yet to pick it up & plan to wait awhile to see how things come along)..... however that being said, if a defrag on your machine really helps out your loading times as much as you indicated then it sounds like you aren't really maintaining it very well :rolleyes:

Covenant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Still crashing

Unread postby Covenant » 01 Jan 2012, 00:22

Well, even after the defrag (yeah i confess, i hadn't done one for a while, sue me), the game seems to want to crash going into towns. Will cruise the ubi forums to see about this one, but alas the game is now unplayable after the patch.

Return to “News”