HATE IT

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cher
Peasant
Peasant

HATE IT

Unread postby cher » 11 Dec 2011, 21:44

I am so sorry my hubby spent $90 AU to buy me this game, what a waste of money. I was a pretty fair V gamer but I can't win a skirmish to save my life. I will go back and replay all the old Heroes V games.

This has just frustrated me so badly, I've tried different factions, different tactics to no avail. It's into the bin for me and chalk up a loss of money to experience, should have known

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 11 Dec 2011, 21:55

If you feel like it, mind explaining what your problems are with the skirmish maps? Neutral stacks too large, AI too agressive/not agressive enough, etc? Maybe some people can help you there.

The tactics are a lot different than for V, for example the first time I played a map during beta I went with my usual "build basic creature dwellings first, ignore upgrades until you can afford it" strategy which really doesn't work in VI. When I changed it to "get upgrades in the same week as the buildings if possible", my army size exploded.

Of course, feel free to ignore this if you just wanted to vent your frustration.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: HATE IT

Unread postby Naki » 11 Dec 2011, 22:22

cher wrote:I am so sorry my hubby spent $90 AU to buy me this game, what a waste of money. I was a pretty fair V gamer but I can't win a skirmish to save my life. I will go back and replay all the old Heroes V games.

This has just frustrated me so badly, I've tried different factions, different tactics to no avail. It's into the bin for me and chalk up a loss of money to experience, should have known
Do you mean a skirmish/single mission?
Easy solution - beat all the campaigns, then try a single scenario again... :)
May the Implosion be with you!

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 11 Dec 2011, 23:21

Naki wrote:
cher wrote:I am so sorry my hubby spent $90 AU to buy me this game, what a waste of money. I was a pretty fair V gamer but I can't win a skirmish to save my life. I will go back and replay all the old Heroes V games.

I guess I thought it would be better to single skirmish first to get a feel for the game, wrong though?

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 12 Dec 2011, 01:21

Exactly .

You are from Australia .I am a longtime fan of Warlords series ,both RTS(-Warlords Battlecry)and turn-based .They were made by Australian developers . Those are fantasy series ,which have everything heart desires .
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 12 Dec 2011, 08:34

cher wrote:
Naki wrote:

I guess I thought it would be better to single skirmish first to get a feel for the game, wrong though?
Probably. I'm not a skirmish player myself, but experience would tell me that skirmish is harder than the campaigns due to the fact that there's so many routes for the AI to attack you and the fact that you haven't been eased into each specific race.

I recommend doing the tutorial and then moving on to the Sanctuary campaign. Won't give you the best experience storywise, but from the 3/5 campaigns I've done so far that one's the easiest.

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 12 Dec 2011, 11:33

Campaign starts with some kind of tutorial, so in this case it is really better start. I also tend to start with maps, but I changed my strategy with Heroes VI pretty fast.

masotime
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby masotime » 14 Dec 2011, 12:54

Yup... I played all the campaigns (although not every variant of the final one) before trying the Skirmish maps. They're definitely harder because of the annoying precision in which the AI moves on the map.

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 14 Dec 2011, 22:16

masotime wrote:Yup... I played all the campaigns (although not every variant of the final one) before trying the Skirmish maps. They're definitely harder because of the annoying precision in which the AI moves on the map.
Exactly ! There are some circle paths around towns and AI hides like squirrel, who is also always on the other side of the tree, usually being just one step out of reach :mad: .

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 08 Jan 2012, 23:47

cher wrote:I guess I thought it would be better to single skirmish first to get a feel for the game, wrong though?
I did too cher. I've had the game for a couple of days. I played 1 campaign & was struggling to finish 2nd skirmish when very helpful questers suggested playing Campaigns first. I'm about to try that now.

I'm almost embarrassed to say I've played (& loved) ALL the other HOMM 1-5 games but this has been the most difficult.

cde804
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cde804 » 09 Jan 2012, 03:03

I disagree, its the easiest heroes of might and magic i have ever played up to now (played all 6) (did 2 campaigns, (necro and sanctuary)). Both in hard mode but there is no difficulty; most of the missions finished without losing troops ?¡?¡?¡?
Heroes IV champion difficulty Waerjak´s campaign first scenario, THAT was hard, almost impossible i remember. Heroes V last difficulty was also high. I hope a patch that reduces healing options and quantities healed and increases difficulty.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 09 Jan 2012, 11:43

Heroes 1 campaigns were more difficult than H6's. Far more difficult I'd dare say.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Jan 2012, 14:42

H6 can be actually comfortable if you use the new features to your advantage, especially convert and town portal - that also allows you to teleport to forts. They give a good control over the map and can greatly reduce backtracking.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 10 Jan 2012, 13:19

Queen Hera wrote:I'm almost embarrassed to say I've played (& loved) ALL the other HOMM 1-5 games but this has been the most difficult.
Now that I've played this game for several days & I'm playing the campaigns instead of the skirmish games first (thankyou all who suggested that) I'm beginning to understand the game better so no doubt it should become easier. :-D

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 10 Jan 2012, 15:19

@ Queen Hera: Glad you are getting a grasp of the game and start enjoying it better.

Difficulty has increased a little from the vanilla version to the 1.2.1 as far as I can see (tutorial and undead campaign).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”