Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)

Unread postby Asomath » 10 Dec 2011, 21:43

Alright guys. This is not the first time we've tried to create a complete map. Over the past few days, I've been reading all of the previous threads that were designed for the making of a complete map. Im ready to start one last thread.

So lets pool all of our M&M resources and make one final push towards the end, so we can all say we're hardcore M&M fans and call it a day.

Lets discuss proportions and position first. I calculated out what I think should be an appropriate representation of the landmass ratio. Im not sure where exactly Jadame should be between Enroth and Anatgarich, so anyone who has sources to provide info would be great. Obviously there is nothing between Enroth and Jadame but islands, as they are all owned by the Regnan empire.

Version History:

UPDATED 12/10/2011 with repositioning of Karigor
UPDATED 12/11/2011 with Oceans and repositioning of Regna, additional Isles
UPDATED 12/12/2011 with rivers and lakes, first parchment version
UPDATED 08/13/2014 Katarn's revised map
UPDATED 06/25/2017 Markon's map added
UPDATED 07/14/2023 Markon's Jadame and Erathia regional map WIP added.

Markon's Versions

~Asomath
Last edited by Asomath on 14 Jul 2023, 18:42, edited 14 times in total.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 10 Dec 2011, 22:07

Antagarich is to the north of Enroth and probably relatively close by.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 10 Dec 2011, 22:20

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:Antagarich is to the north of Enroth and probably relatively close by.
The North of Enroth? I dont see how that is possible, considering Enroth is in the northern hemisphere.

~Asomath

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Dec 2011, 23:59

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:Antagarich is to the north of Enroth and probably relatively close by.
You still haven't played the Might and Magic games, I presume? In MM8 King Roland and Queen Catherine arrive in Jadame, on route from Antagarich to Enroth. Jadame has to be at least somewhat in between the two for that to make sense.
Plus, the reason they land in Jadame is that the Pirates are blocking them from returning to Enroth. Thus, Karigor has to be somewhat between Enroth and Jadame as well.

Not to mention - because I know this isn't hard proof in a fantasy story - Jadame is a very tropical continent while Enroth has snow in it's northern parts. If this was not a high-magic kind of universe, I would expect Jadame to be at least a little further south than Enroth. And since Antagarich has snow in it's southern parts, I would then also expect Antagarich to be further south than Jadame.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 00:56

Yeah alright, thats better. I moved Jadame a little further south, and I was incorrect in Karigor being southwest... I have moved it to the Southeast of New Sorpigal.

I didnt realize that the Ironfists had stopped in Jadame due to not being able to land in Enroth. I thought it was because they wanted to help, and they were being stopped by the Regnan blockade at the Crescent Isle. But even if the first is the case, assuming that the Regnans own all of the islands east of Mist, a Regnan blockade would stop the Ironfists from landing at Castle Ironfist in Enroth.

First Map Updated.

~Asomath

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Dec 2011, 02:22

Something's not right though; couldn't the King and Queen have gone from Antagarich to the Northwest and still arrived on Enroth without having to pass through Jadame? The planet is round, don't forget.

Here's the best thread I've seen on this subject so far: viewtopic.php?t=12090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And here's the actual planet from space: http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7687 ... nrotha.png

I think it's from the MM6 intro vid, you might benefit from watching it if other sides of the globe are viewable.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Dec 2011, 02:28

Oh, by the way, what is the "???" thing?

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 03:34

I assume you mean North East and not North West. But yes, as Enroth is round it’s a viable question. Lets take a look at some travel times.

If the Ironfists had known about the Regnan blockade previously, they could have, theoretically, departed from Tatalia, gone up and around AvLee, move south under the ??? Islands, moved next to, or stopped at, Hermits Isle, before rounding the boot of New Sorpigal and docking nicely in Castle Ironfist. This route is marked in combination by the purple and yellow path.

Then why didnt they? Well, here’s my guess. Remember visiting Hermits Isle in MM6? There were Serpents infesting all of the waters surrounding it. My assumption (though no hard evidence supports it) is that the waters southwest of Enroth are dangerous to navigate and invested with aggressive sea-creatures. Risking the Regnan blockade (again saying they KNEW about the blockade before leaving from Tatalia) is a lot safer then moving through the territories of aggressive creatures. People can be bribed.

The ??? islands are seen in the MM6 intro cinematic. Towards the north, the edges of the lands are quite defined, while farther south, there is no way of knowing whether they stop and form islands, or are continued in a continent.

~Asomath

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 05:06

The Ironfists also took another route from Erathia to Enroth, that likely took them near, or under Karigor, before swinging back up and around New Sorpigal. This took 8 Weeks, taking longer, but took away the risk of running into Regnans.

~Asomath

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 11 Dec 2011, 14:13

Macros the Black wrote:You still haven't played the Might and Magic games, I presume? In MM8 King Roland and Queen Catherine arrive in Jadame, on route from Antagarich to Enroth. Jadame has to be at least somewhat in between the two for that to make sense.
Plus, the reason they land in Jadame is that the Pirates are blocking them from returning to Enroth. Thus, Karigor has to be somewhat between Enroth and Jadame as well.

Not to mention - because I know this isn't hard proof in a fantasy story - Jadame is a very tropical continent while Enroth has snow in it's northern parts. If this was not a high-magic kind of universe, I would expect Jadame to be at least a little further south than Enroth. And since Antagarich has snow in it's southern parts, I would then also expect Antagarich to be further south than Jadame.
I have played the Might and Magic games. I haven't completed them, but eventually I doubtless will. :) :)

The reason I say that Antagarich is north of Enroth is that in Heroes III Queen Catherine lands on the south-east of the continent in order to help the Erathians fight Nighon and the Kreegans.

The reason I say they are likely to be pretty close is that there are close cultural and political links between them, which do not appear to exist between either of them and Jadame.

You have a point about the snow. If Antagarich has snow in it's southern parts that would mean that Antagarich is in the southern hemisphere while Enroth is in the northern hemisphere. But paradoxically, if you go from Enroth to Antagarich you end up in the South-East.

The most likely way that this would be the case is if you have to go around some other large continent that crosses the equator, let's assume that's Jadame so that to get to the habitable end of Antagarich you have to go around Jadame and then go north.

This does mean that my initial assertion about the proximity of Antagarich and Enroth fall into some problems :( :( :( but the map would look something like this. Something like this, I do not claim to have drawn the continents correctly.

The red area is land that is basically uninhabitable and you don't want to land. That is land that is desert, jungle or tundra where not many people live. Green cross is where Queen Catherine landed in the Restoration of Erathia's first mission. Blue is the possible routes she could have taken.

Route 3 is the normal route used by Enrothians to get to Antagarich but Queen Catherine didn't take that route as it involves sailing towards Regna, it's not that they are afraid of the Regnans, but more that the Regnans will naturally believe that she is about to invade them and respond accordingly.

Route 1 is a short route to Av Lee and eastern Erathia but it takes you right past Nighon and the Nighons also have a fleet of pirates of their own. It is also possible that this passage is impassable or highly dangerous.

So Route 2 was what Queen Catherine took. But Because she took this route she ended up in the South-East of Erathia and then had to depart to visit Bracada, while if she had taken Route 3 she could have landed in Bracada and then entered Erathia from the west with them in tow.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Dec 2011, 14:32

Just ignore anything what Slayer of Cliffracers posts - he lives in his own world where none fact from games are true against his theories.

I think Antagarich should be closer to Jadame and also Regna a little to the south of continent.

Journey from Enroth to Antagarich can take minimum 3 weeks but you must pass through Regnan Isle. Safer path tooks 6-7 weeks to complete.

Regnan Empire begins 200 (navy?) miles to East from Enroth and it reach western coasts of Antagarich, althrough Tidewater Caverns were not Regnan pirates dominium.

About Western path from Enroth to Antagarich:
MM6 wrote:Ocean travel around here can be dangerous because of the sea serpents and water elementals that roam the oceans.
Last edited by Avonu on 11 Dec 2011, 14:45, edited 2 times in total.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 14:41

Yeah I was wondering...

-Jadame's southern coast is so close to the South Pole, while all of the islands you visit are tropical?

-Why is Vori down there and Nighon up there?

-You have Catherine landing and departing from Dragonsand?

-The usual port is from Castle Ironfist, above the bootleg you drew in Enroth. Departing from there, with your proximity, would take at most 2 weeks to get to Bracada.

To Others: Did I get the size of Antagarich to Enroth right?

~Asomath

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Dec 2011, 14:41

I see, there are some unknown islands. There's also a HUGE mass above the playable lands in Enroth. Correlated with Slayer's post, the ??? islands could be Emerald Isle. That's about the same location as it is on the MM7 map.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Dec 2011, 14:44

Asomath wrote:To Others: Did I get the size of Antagarich to Enroth right?
Ship travel from AvLee (North of Antagarich) to Evermorn Isles (South of Bracada) takes 7 days.
Ship travel from Castle Ironfist (East) to Hermit's Isle (West) takes 21 days and Queen Catherine is the fastest ship on Enroth - so I think it is all right.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 14:45

@Avonu the quote for three weeks came from a man who had never been to Erathia.

According to Xanathor, the safe path took 8 weeks (cutting farther south away from Regna) while the more dangerous, but direct path (the one I drew in green) took 6 weeks.

-Regnas position might be a little further south, closer to the Green routes position?

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 14:47

@MMX I have Emerald Isle on the map, its that small island north of Nighon. As you can see, its nowhere near large enough to be the ??? islands. Where did we get the Huge Mass above Enroth? Is it just more of Enroth, or is it a different continent?

~Asomath

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Dec 2011, 14:51

Asomath wrote:@Avonu the quote for three weeks came from a man who had never been to Erathia.
He was Master of Water so I guess he knew what he say and as I said it is minimum time to cross Endless Ocean - but you better have huge fleet or be very lucky and not meet any Regnan on your way.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 14:52

Ah okay, that makes sense.

So the Regnan Empire extends east of Mist, around Jadame, all the way to the west coast of Antagarich?

~Asomath

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Dec 2011, 15:01

Western and northern coast of Antagarich - they sailed as far as to Clanker's Lab (Eastern coast of AvLee) to buy weapon for Archibald during Succession Wars.

Endless Ocean ends in southern coast of Tatalia on the West and on northern coast of Nighon to the East of Antagarich. Vori, Deyja, AvLee, Eeofol lie on Endless Ocean. I put scan of map with Antagarich seas somewhere on forum long ago.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 15:10

If you find it, that would be enourmously helpful.

I moved Regna down a bit, and added another travel path. If considering what everyone has said, it fits rather nicely. Do we have any evidence that suggest Regnans own the sea East of Jadame as well, or is that area completely unknow to us?

Return to “Might and Magic”