Finally a GameSpot Review: 8/10

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: Finally a GameSpot Review: 8/10

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Dec 2011, 19:28

theGryphon wrote:Given the points they awarded the previous installments, 8/10 is too low for MMH VI. Should've been more like 8.4-8.5.
Integers should be enough for review scores. Once people get into decimals, it's an open invitation to nitpick about some meaningless details.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 10 Dec 2011, 12:40

I could not believe it. Heroes VI does not deserve a score above 20, given the fact that it was released at alpha status (it had way more bugs than Warcraft had in beta stage).

I looked at the review and could not help laughing.

"Classic formula?" Did this moron actually play previous versions?

"Five campaigns?" He obviously didn't play any of them to the end, or he would have figured out there are more than five.

But the comment that took the cake:

COAL IS A RESOURCE IN HEROES VI!

This total retard wasn't even playing this game! You don't need to right click to see that it is iron ore! The fu-kung game displays it at the top of the screen all the time and even casually mousing over it to see how many mines you have will bring a pop up that says 'Ore'!

Every damn time you mouse over a lump of 'coal' on the ground to pick it up, it WILL say 'coal'. This game is full of bugs, but developers didn't call it coal!

Conclusion: reviewer did not play the game for any length of time. I don't think he played more than 5-10 minutes. You can't possibly 'pick up' coal 100s of times (which any normal player would in the course of a map) and not notice that the system calls it ore!

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 10 Dec 2011, 18:31

You can't call it an alpha, as that would mean a release without animation and sound. An alpha version is a working version of the game with placeholder graphics.

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shoaura » 11 Dec 2011, 11:33

**You can't call it an alpha, as that would mean a release without animation and sound. An alpha version is a working version of the game with placeholder graphics.**

Easy, hellegennes... I understand and know what you're saying, but you can't fault cjlee for using hyperbole to clearly define his utter disgust at the game. And as for the review, clearly the reviewer is getting ore in his stocking this year for Christmas.... courtesy of our very own cjlee.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 11 Dec 2011, 14:45

If you read my previous post, here, you will see that I agree with cjlee.

Return to “News”