Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 15 Nov 2011, 17:19

I have a question about the Cleave ability:

is it a bug that you don't have the special turn when your creature's turn has already passed (or is yet to come) but it retaliates and kills an enemy stack or is it meant to be this way?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 17 Nov 2011, 20:48

1) Shackles artifact that causes no hero be able to retreat from a battle - what is the use?
Since you can "revive" a hero even if he is dead, I don't get it.

In older Heroes games, when you killed a hero he was killed.
Now I see the hero still alive, even after a battle in which I used the Shackles and won the battle.

Or maybe it works for multi and single scenario, but not in the Campaign??

2) I need some info on artifact carryover.
They must be on the main hero only, yes?
Or they can be on the secondary hero too??

Do only artifacts of a set carry over? What if I have just one artifact of a set, will it carry over to next mission?
Also, I heard only artifacts on the hero or in the first two rows of backpack can carry over, is that correct?
May the Implosion be with you!

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 17 Nov 2011, 21:35

Naki wrote:1) Shackles artifact that causes no hero be able to retreat from a battle - what is the use?

Now I see the hero still alive, even after a battle in which I used the Shackles and won the battle.

Should work in the campaign. The use is preventing retreats? When you retreat you lose a portion of your army, but also retain a large amount of your units. Using shackles on weak enemy heroes prevents them from fleeing and thus conserving half their army.
Naki wrote:2) I need some info on artifact carryover.

Do only artifacts of a set carry over? What if I have just one artifact of a set, will it carry over to next mission?
Also, I heard only artifacts on the hero or in the first two rows of backpack can carry over, is that correct?
For as far as I've noticed, only items of a specific quality carry over. I'm not too familiar with all the quality levels in Heroes games, but basically the important stuff carries over - I think the colour of those items is purple, whereas blue and white items do not carry over.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Nov 2011, 21:42

Naki wrote:1) Shackles artifact that causes no hero be able to retreat from a battle - what is the use?

Or maybe it works for multi and single scenario, but not in the Campaign?
Enemy hero can't retreat = his army is gone (because now fleeing hero lost only some of his troops not all) + you have his artifacts.

Only set artifacts can be carry over in campaign. Doesn't matter if they are on main hero, in his backpack or in secondary hero inventory (as long (s)he is campaign hero, not tavern hero). However you can also carry over Shantiri Moon Disc if it is equipt in Pocket slot.
Doesn't matter if you have all set or only one part of it - set artifacts always are carry over in campaign if they are in campaign heroes inventory.
Naki wrote:Also, I heard only artifacts on the hero or in the first two rows of backpack can carry over, is that correct?
No and yes.
No because set artifacts can be in third or lower row of backpack and they are still in next mission.
Yes because 3rd and lower rows of backpack are unavailable until you have enough artifacts to fill them (only 2 first rows are "open" at mission start, you need to "unlock" next ones by collecting enough amount of junk in your backpack).
Last edited by Avonu on 17 Nov 2011, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 17 Nov 2011, 21:43

Mozared wrote:

Should work in the campaign. The use is preventing retreats? When you retreat you lose a portion of your army, but also retain a large amount of your units. Using shackles on weak enemy heroes prevents them from fleeing and thus conserving half their army.

For as far as I've noticed, only items of a specific quality carry over. I'm not too familiar with all the quality levels in Heroes games, but basically the important stuff carries over - I think the colour of those items is purple, whereas blue and white items do not carry over.
Hmm, you mean Unique items? They are not set items.
Don't set items also carry over??

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 17 Nov 2011, 21:47

Hmm Avonu - Mozared said unique items carry over, do they not?
For example - Lucky Horseshoe (+8 luck), Morale boosting artifact (+8 morale), hero movement boosting shoes, Initiative +10 artifact?

Set artifacts appear as WHITE in my game.
Unique ones appear PURPLE.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Nov 2011, 21:52

Naki wrote:Hmm Avonu - Mozared said unique items carry over, do they not?
For example - Lucky Horseshoe (+8 luck), Morale boosting artifact (+8 morale), hero movement boosting shoes, Initiative +10 artifact?
No for 99%. Shantiri Moon Disc (relic - purple) didn't carry over if it wasn't equipt in Pocket Slot and I nearly sure that I had equipt Horseshoe and it disappeared in next mission.
Naki wrote:Set artifacts appear as WHITE in my game.
Unique ones appear PURPLE.
Sets have six parts - which are: 2 x white (minor artifacts), 2 x blue (major artifacts) and 2 x purple (relics). So you will have white, blue and purple items in every of 7 sets.

EDIT:
Checked
Purple items aren't carry over to next mission. Only set items and Shantiri Moon Disc (if it is equipted).
You know that 3 x Chest of Endless Gold (+1000 gold per day) or even Golden Goose (+2000 gold per day) will be too much advance at begining of new map, right?

Tale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tale » 18 Nov 2011, 07:52

Avonu wrote:

Or maybe it works for multi and single scenario, but not in the Campaign?
Enemy hero can't retreat = his army is gone (because now fleeing hero lost only some of his troops not all) + you have his artifacts.
The reason I like the shackles is because it minimizes the chance for me to lose troops in a fight. Often I'll engage a weak hero and save my heal spell for after his troops move, only to have him attack with hero, kill a few troops, and then run away without me having a chance to resurrect my losses.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 19 Nov 2011, 17:55

Thanks, Tale and Avonu, that helps!

Another question:
When playing Inferno, does the Gating boosting buildings boost effect stack?
For example, two Gating boost buildings, more powerful gating than just one such building?

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 19 Nov 2011, 23:36

There is another issue with Shackles of war. Enemy usually flees after some his big hit or before mine, even in the beginning, so it leaves me with casualties but without any experience points, not talking about all resurrection plans are for nothing, it is such an insurance battle plans can be finished.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 20 Nov 2011, 18:30

Avonu wrote:EDIT:
Checked
Purple items aren't carry over to next mission. Only set items and Shantiri Moon Disc (if it is equipted).
You know that 3 x Chest of Endless Gold (+1000 gold per day) or even Golden Goose (+2000 gold per day) will be too much advance at begining of new map, right?
Ahh, it's set items. I should've mentioned the items I was talking about were set items. I automatically assumed everything of a certain quality would carry over :)

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Nov 2011, 22:25

peta62 wrote:There is another issue with Shackles of war. Enemy usually flees after some his big hit or before mine, even in the beginning, so it leaves me with casualties but without any experience points, not talking about all resurrection plans are for nothing, it is such an insurance battle plans can be finished.
peta62, I am having a very hard time understanding your English.
What do you mean by "battle plans" and "insurance"?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Nov 2011, 22:27

Another simple question:
In Haven 1, I leveled the main hero up to the level cap.
Then, the last quest/objective is supposed to give the hero +30000 experience points.

But, since the hero is at the level cap, do I really get that 30000 points extra, or not (when I complete the final objective)?

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 20 Nov 2011, 23:12

You get it for your dynasty experience, I think. Your hero will still simply stick at the cap, and won't suddenly go up two levels in the next map or such.

duffman4evr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby duffman4evr » 22 Nov 2011, 01:05

How do I tell if a given hero is affiliated with might or magic from within the game?

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 22 Nov 2011, 01:34

You check their ability trees; if there's no rank 3 Might abilities, your hero is Magic. If there's no rank 3 Magic abilities, your hero is Might.

duffman4evr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby duffman4evr » 22 Nov 2011, 04:53

Mozared wrote:You check their ability trees; if there's no rank 3 Might abilities, your hero is Magic. If there's no rank 3 Magic abilities, your hero is Might.
Thank you my good man :)

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 22 Nov 2011, 08:19

Naki wrote:
peta62 wrote:There is another issue with Shackles of war. Enemy usually flees after some his big hit or before mine, even in the beginning, so it leaves me with casualties but without any experience points, not talking about all resurrection plans are for nothing, it is such an insurance battle plans can be finished.
peta62, I am having a very hard time understanding your English.
What do you mean by "battle plans" and "insurance"?
Sorry. I wanted to say "Shackles of war make sure your plans for the battle ( meaning for example resurrection in last rounds or killing stack adjacent to shooters so you can shoot somebody in the other corner ) will be fulfilled." That you have to change your strategy if your opponent may flee any time.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 26 Nov 2011, 09:18

(just got the game)

How can I disable the automatic placements of units on the battlefield, disregarding the order of stacks in the hero window?
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 26 Nov 2011, 09:55

wimfrits wrote:(just got the game)

How can I disable the automatic placements of units on the battlefield, disregarding the order of stacks in the hero window?
Tactic skill lets you do that but you do not see enemy stacks, I have not found any other way. I want to put it on the wish list.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”