Might & Magic X: Project Update (November 2011)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Might & Magic X: Project Update (November 2011)

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 Nov 2011, 23:59

Original Post Here

Take the official M&MX fan survey here!

Happy November M&M fans!

November is the month that the M&MX Devs are planning a huge comeback that will push M&MX back into the spotlight. We will be launching our brand new website and campaigning for the project to really get things going and acquire a solid and dedicated staff. The M&MX game is being built in the Unity engine, and we are still primarily looking for talented and passionate 3D modelers and level designers, as well as video and sound designers. Again, if you're interested in joining and helping see this project through to its success, please send us an email at MMXAlamar@gmail.com or MMXDesign@live.com.

M&MX Current Project Status (November 2011):

We have acquired a new Lead Programmer, Christian, who has been of tremendous help. He is designing and launching our new website, and will be directing the programming of the game physics and mechanics for M&MX in Unity. The website will be launched sometime in mid-November.
The M&MX storyline is now 65% complete, and we're continuing to brainstorm ideas for the greatest M&M story ever!
There will be several new skills and spells in M&MX, which the M&MX Devs are currently working on and perfecting. Three new spell schools will be largely based on the spells in HoMM IV, including Chaos Magic, Nature Magic, and Order Magic.
Vector, M&MX project leader, will continue to work on designing a brand new user interface (UI/HUD) for M&MX that will be incorporated into Unity. Vector will also finish up a professional rendering of the M&MX world map (Iranese).
M&MX will run in 1025x768 resolution.

M&MX Project Goals for November 2011:

(Pretty much the same as last month.)

Our Lead Programmer will begin laying down the framework for M&MX in Unity. If you're a programmer and you'd like to help him out, please let us know!
We will set out to hire 3D modelers and level designers with experience in Unity to build the actual game. There are currently no 3D modelers on the M&MX Design Team, but depending on who we're able to hire, there is the possibility of releasing a tech demo before the year 2011 is over.
We are also seeking out video and audio editors to help with the cutscenes and sound effects in M&MX.
Our Lead Character Concept Artist will complete approximately 4 more sketches of major characters this month, meaning one per week! Additional concept artists are still needed for sketches of monster designs, dungeon designs, town designs, and mapping. If you're interested in drawing fantasy for M&MX, please inquire about a job!
We plan to make another huge milestone in the main storyline writing for M&MX. When the main storyline is complete, it will be passed on to several former NWC developers for them to review and critique. We are currently 65% finished with the main storyline, and still interested in hiring writers to create side quests, item descriptions, and write dialogues and additional lore.
There have been several songs completed for the M&MX soundtrack, but if you're a talented composer and would like to collaborate and write music for M&MX, by all means, let us know!
Vector will continue developing the world map and the UI for M&MX.

We would be very delighted to answer any questions, comments, suggestions, or inquiries to join the M&MX Devs. Please either email Vector at MMXDesign@live.com, or Alamar at MMXAlamar@gmail.com. We hope to see many of you inside working alongside us!

Sincerely,
-Alamar, Producer of M&MX
-Vector, Executive Producer of M&MX
[/url][/url]

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 08 Nov 2011, 07:54

What is limits about items amount? How many rings, necklaces, swords, helmets etc. and do you allow rip resources from any game or just HoM? because as i remember Dungeon Siege have tons of cool items. In Suicide Squad i made items from pictures of real medieval items and that was good method too. Not sure what is items progress, i can help and make more. Also am not sure what are paperdlls, still from M&M8 or something different? Am unable to create brand new armor, but its easy modify them to have 30% difference. If its armors amount limit then probably better if somebody make brand new but in big amount it could be several versions. For exampe chainmail and it cheap version: rusty broken chainmail. To mainmenu graphic would be ok to modify some of Dragon Lance wallpapers, its similar to M&M6 style.

boban89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

an idea

Unread postby boban89 » 16 Nov 2011, 08:12

Hey people what about to apply some modified armors from ES : Oblivion , there are some really cool armors which could be used to bring new idea for MMX armors . Also weapons in ES looks kin da cool . This is just an idea if you staff can work with items and gfx from other games. If its possible , you can try it on . Im sure you ll find really cool items to modify for MMX programs.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 17 Nov 2011, 03:51

Update - November 16th, 2011:

M&MX project leader Vector is missing in action, but we are still hard at work on the website, artwork, storyline and quests for the game itself. Aside from this, we are still looking for 3d modelers, video, and sound designers, so please contact us if you want to help out. Hopefully Vector will resurface soon and help us get further into development.

Thanks for your continued support Might and Magic fans!

Daerandin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daerandin » 17 Nov 2011, 19:03

MMXAlamar wrote:Update - November 16th, 2011:

M&MX project leader Vector is missing in action, but we are still hard at work on the website, artwork, storyline and quests for the game itself. Aside from this, we are still looking for 3d modelers, video, and sound designers, so please contact us if you want to help out. Hopefully Vector will resurface soon and help us get further into development.

Thanks for your continued support Might and Magic fans!
I certainly hope nothing's happened. Sometimes life just demands your full attention for a while and I hope that's the case and that he will be back on the project soon.

The project certainly seem to be coming together quite nicely otherwise. Everything I read about your work is making me excited like a kid for christmas and I do believe that christmas day will come and I will get to enjoy the fruits of your ambitious project.

Anyway, here's to the hope that it's just Vector's life that is currently hogging his attention with something unexpected yet not too serious.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 Nov 2011, 23:29

you know what that reminds me of?

how the leader of MMT just vanished and the whole project just hit the breaks and now rolls in neutral along the highway.

because even if you got shitloads of work to do there are still some minutes free to send off a mail saying "im busy, BRB LOL" to your team.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 Nov 2011, 04:07

Talin_Trollbane wrote:because even if you got **** of work to do there are still some minutes free to send off a mail saying "im busy, BRB LOL" to your team.
Unless you're condemned to not use computers and email.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 20 Nov 2011, 20:06

tolich wrote:
Talin_Trollbane wrote:because even if you got **** of work to do there are still some minutes free to send off a mail saying "im busy, BRB LOL" to your team.
Unless you're condemned to not use computers and email.
now that would be very...strange, atleast.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Might and Magic”