Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon

Unread postby maltz » 15 Nov 2011, 11:44

Not sure whether people have reported this. Just tested it out and it worked! What we do here is to exploit the "feature" that a Dynasty weapon's EXP is associated with a game save ONLY when it is equipped.

What we need is the following:

(1) Some ways to gain a lot of EXP very quickly in real time. For example, you are just 5 seconds away from completing a quest and gain 50K EXP. If you can quick-combat a huge battle (and win), it will work, too.

(2) A Dynasty weapon that you want to farm EXP with.

(3) Just before getting that EXP, un-equip the Dynasty weapon. Make a game save.

(4) Equip the Dynasty weapon. Get that EXP.

(5) Load the save.

Repeat (4)-(5) and you can farm unlimited EXP! :D

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 15 Nov 2011, 13:41

I don't like exploiting bugs like that... :(

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Nov 2011, 14:21

Funny :D
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Nov 2011, 15:40

It's a bit like that bug in Baldur's Gate, where you can talk to a guy and gain experience points for it; all you have to do is prevent him from running away and then have the same conversation again over and over for mooooore poooooints! :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 15 Nov 2011, 17:24

Torur wrote:I don't like exploiting bugs like that... :(
Oh, OK then, so you like exploiting bugs in another way, then? ;)
May the Implosion be with you!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 15 Nov 2011, 19:18

Just a little addition:

There is another, namely "master", EXP of all Dynasty weapons. You can see them in My Dynasty. This EXP is increased whenever you use that weapon to gain EXP in any game.

Now if you do not unequip the Dynasty weapon before saving a game, and later load that save, your in-game Dynasty weapon EXP will be restored. However, that does not reduce your master EXP in your online account.

This means that you can STILL farm unlimited EXP even if you do not unequip weapons, as long as you somehow can access that online Dynasty weapon EXP instead of using the in-game saved EXP. For example, you can start a new campaign and equip the Dynasty weapon "from scratch". This also explains why I suddenly got a level 5 Soulreaver staff - I already earned those EXP, they are just not reflected in my Ana campaign (as that uses the in-game EXP).

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 16 Nov 2011, 09:58

Naki wrote:
Torur wrote:I don't like exploiting bugs like that... :(
Oh, OK then, so you like exploiting bugs in another way, then? ;)
No, I don't care for exploiting any kind of bugs, but it is nice to know they are there. Means I can stear clear and get the challange I am supposed to. :D

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 16 Nov 2011, 18:01

maltz wrote:Not sure whether people have reported this. Just tested it out and it worked! What we do here is to exploit the "feature" that a Dynasty weapon's EXP is associated with a game save ONLY when it is equipped.

What we need is the following:
[...]
That's an obvious exploit because we know there is no way a programmer can prevent it. While it can be useful to unlock those ultra-expensive abilities, my interest in Heroes 6 basically vanished after that disappointing final campaign and that very disappointing skirmish game where the A.I. all just sat in their castles.

So, in the end, I don't think people will complain much about it.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 17 Nov 2011, 17:25

For the record the devs are aware of the exploit.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Nov 2011, 18:04

Ha-ha.

Expect the guys that exploited this to be banned from Ubi servers now. :P

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 17 Nov 2011, 19:54

parcaleste wrote:Ha-ha.

Expect the guys that exploited this to be banned from Ubi servers now. :P
That would just be dumb. The way I see it, the Dynasty stuff is mostly meant for singleplayer (the campaign in particular). Using it in multiplayer could give someone an unfair advantage, and it's just not how a Heroes game should be played imo.

So yeah. Imo if you played through the whole campaign and still have some dynasty weapons left to completely unlock (and for some reason, actually care about it) then I don't think you should get banned for exploiting this. It's just a time-saver for meaningless experience gaining.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 17 Nov 2011, 22:30

Same as any exploit in gaming history - enjoy it when it still works. :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”