Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Nov 2011, 20:54

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Avonu wrote:Another feature from previous games (it was in WoG before it appeared in H4) that was left out in HoMM 6.
Fixed.
How it can be fixed, if HIV appeared before WoG? ;)
But thanks for correction anyway.
Ell1e wrote:I can confirm Ludmilla for Necropolis, haven't finished the others yet. It was really obvious in the Haven campaign that Valeska would have joined on the Blood path, so I'd guess the others are correct too.
Thanks.
I had Veyer (and Xana) as secondary heroes for Tears Kiril, however Veyer disappered in 4th mission (and was bugged in 3rd - he stayed invisible somewhere in map corner on (in?) the sea).

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 05 Nov 2011, 17:58

Does anyone know how to 'unlock' the 4th and 5th Dynasty Trait slots?

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 06 Nov 2011, 03:33

You can't. They're probably reserved for expansion dynasty options.

What are all the campaign unlocked skills? (i.e Grim Reaper for Necromancer's campaign)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Nov 2011, 08:16

Check achievements list - there are achievements for completing campaigns for each faction and skills are mention in their descriptions.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Nov 2011, 14:59

How do you use the building which allows you to town portal to another town that you own? I can't find any button to click on, and the spellbook doesn't let me cast Town Portal, either.

Also there's a dumb bug which stops me from scrolling the adventure map sometimes. I can't tell what's causing it, except that reloading doesn't help either - I have to restart the game entirely. Anyone know?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Nov 2011, 15:32

Sometimes the town portal spells just disappears from the spell book, happened to me several times but IIRC only with secondary heroes. I "fixed" it (or thought I did) by building a town portal in another town.

The second bug is well known and only a restart will help. Someone said it was caused by scrolling the map before every object on the adventure map was finished loading.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 06 Nov 2011, 20:29

Metathron wrote:The second bug is well known and only a restart will help. Someone said it was caused by scrolling the map before every object on the adventure map was finished loading.
I can't provide 100% certainty, but one definite cause I've found for this bug is loading a save game on the adventure map whilst currently on a combat map.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Nov 2011, 21:14

Neutral creature stacks on map sizes - English <----> Russian??
I am playing in Russian now, but always played in English before - no idea which stack is strong and which not...
(Hope there are Russian players here..?)

I mean like Few/Zounds/etc..
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Nov 2011, 21:53

How to replenish mana? Will it happen if hero rests in a town/city?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Nov 2011, 22:12

Use Meditation skill in battle - it's bugged now and it replenish all mana if you have above half of max mana. ;) Or use Mana Potions. Or Dragon Vein and Dragon Nexus adventure map buildings (once per week).
From what I know, resting in towns is not working anymore.

About stacks - you can always check it by yourself by engaging neutrals in battle but instead of choosing fight, choose flee option in window which appear before battle.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 07 Nov 2011, 11:38

I think I waited too long in Inferno 1 to finish off the final enemy army ... now I can't win the final battle afterwards. Sheesh. And I had no idea there'll be another fight after that battle; I took my time.

Is there a way to skip past the entire WAYTOOLONG map to the end ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 07 Nov 2011, 16:05

Avonu wrote: From what I know, resting in towns is not working anymore.
No mage guild - no mana.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Nov 2011, 19:57

Avonu wrote:Use Meditation skill in battle - it's bugged now and it replenish all mana if you have above half of max mana. ;) Or use Mana Potions. Or Dragon Vein and Dragon Nexus adventure map buildings (once per week).
From what I know, resting in towns is not working anymore.

About stacks - you can always check it by yourself by engaging neutrals in battle but instead of choosing fight, choose flee option in window which appear before battle.
OK, then can you please tell me the English stack sizes then?
Few - 1-3
Lots - 5-10
Horde - 20-30 etc (these are examples, correct values are probably different)
Last edited by Naki on 07 Nov 2011, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 07 Nov 2011, 20:13

Naki wrote:OK, then can you please tell me the English stack sizes then?
Few - 1-3
Lost - 5-10
viewtopic.php?t=5210

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Nov 2011, 20:20

Mozared wrote:
Naki wrote:OK, then can you please tell me the English stack sizes then?
Few - 1-3
Lost - 5-10
viewtopic.php?t=5210
So, stack sizes are the same in Heroes V and VI? Thanks!

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 09 Nov 2011, 02:40

Are there any cheat codes in this game? I can't be bothered playing it anymore and just want to see the storyline, zzz.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 09 Nov 2011, 17:05

Must I seriously create a full-blown RPG-character to play a simple map of this game? Every time I try to start a single map (not campaign that is) I get told I have to create a hero first. And there are a billion options in the hero/dynasty/whatever screens. I thought this was a strategy game, what's the deal?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Nov 2011, 17:35

It's a feature. :P

But yes, it's very annoying. We had 10 heroes per faction in Tavern Hall of Heroes but we always need to create one from scraps (or choose campaigns/dynasty heroes).

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 09 Nov 2011, 17:45

On the flipside, I think you can simply not fill in the talents if you can't be bothered. They're only used when fighting duels, and it's the largest part of creating a hero. If you leave them out of the equation, creating a new hero is as much work as filling in a name, choosing a portrait, selecting might or magic, selecting blood or tears and putting in three dynasty traits (or less, if you haven't unlocked any of them yet).

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 14 Nov 2011, 12:58

Maltz wrote this on the walkthrough for the Necropolis campaign:
Maltz wrote:(1) Default or Custom hero? You can play the campaign with the default or a custom hero. Unfortunately, currently (v1.1.1) there is a bug which prevents the final campaign to trigger if you completed the previous campaigns with a custom hero. So let's stick with Anastasya.
Is this for real ... I already completed the first map with a custom hero before seeing that, was going to try it again with Anastasya on easiest difficulty after seeing that but then only played for eight turns before remembering just how long the map is and giving up.

Do I really have to slog through the entire map again?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”