Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 27 Oct 2011, 08:59

How did you guys skill build Anastasya?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 27 Oct 2011, 20:31

Mainly dark magic, Life Drain and Collective Life Drain are seriously awesome skills, especially if you're on the Blood path. You'll want at least one spell from a different school before you start the second map, because Anastasya won't be able to harm Dark Elementals if you don't.

Puppet Master is nice as long as you remember that enemy troops can attack their controlled allies to free them and time your spell right. Summon Dark Elementals can be a nice distraction, but I always found they weren't enough.

Aside from that, I got Anastasya some more damage spells (chain lightning and implosion are nice), the additional magic point stuff. I don't remember giving her many Might skills. Additional movement points are always worth it, because as in all campaigns you will hunt down enemy heroes going after your towns a lot.

kingu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingu » 28 Oct 2011, 10:05

is there a set play thru order for the campaign or should I just pick a faction and go with it and complete them in a random?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 28 Oct 2011, 10:19

kingu wrote:is there a set play thru order for the campaign or should I just pick a faction and go with it and complete them in a random?
You can play the campaign in whatever order you desire. However if you want to play it in chronological order the correct order is this.

- Heart of Nightmares (Collectors' edition map)
- Prologue 1
- Prologue 2
- Stronghold 1
- Sanctuary 1
- Haven 1
- Inferno 1
- Necropolis 1
- Stronghold 2
- Sanctuary 2
- Haven 2
- Necropolis 2
- Sanctuary 3
- Stronghold 3
- Inferno 2
- Necropolis 3
- Inferno 3
- Sanctuary 4
- Stronghold 4
- Haven 3
- Necropolis 4
- Haven 4
- Inferno 4
- Epilogues
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Town descriptions?

Unread postby Naki » 29 Oct 2011, 09:34

In HOMM V there were short texts, describing each town/city.
Is there no such thing in VI?
May the Implosion be with you!

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 30 Oct 2011, 09:52

Doesn't look like it ...

Which campaigns / missions are worth playing at high difficulty (i.e. they're very challenging)? I rolled through the first Stronghold campaign and was like, ew, tedious (even though the conflux kept telling me people found it difficult). As it is I'm tempted to simply play everything on easiest difficulty just to minimize the time taken for each map.

Also is there any reason to choose the Tears path when Blood gives more exp if you're chasing down fleeing creatures?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 30 Oct 2011, 11:12

There's always enough exp to go around, especially on campaign maps with level caps. You might level a bit faster in the beginning if you're going for blood, but I doubt it makes that much of a difference in the long run. Also, you get to skip tedious battles.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Oct 2011, 11:49

I usually go tears, especially with stronghold who aren't very good in creeping without losses.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 30 Oct 2011, 19:56

1) When I click a Fort, I can see how many creatures it brings at the start of a new week.
How to do the same for a city/town? I don't see it anywhere...

2) Some artifacts increase creature growth.
Does the hero wearing these need to be in the town to get the bonus, or can he be anywhere on the map?
Last edited by Naki on 30 Oct 2011, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Oct 2011, 20:24

I'm pretty sure anywhere on the map but it needs to be equipped.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 30 Oct 2011, 20:40

Must it be equipped at all times or just at the end of the week/start of new week?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 Oct 2011, 21:36

Naki wrote:1) When I click a Fort, I can see how many creatures it brings at the start of a new week.
How to do the same for a city/town? I don't see it anywhere...
Open the kingdom screen. It's the icon at the bottom left of your screen. It should be made clearer what it does, because I thought it was just to turn the mini map on/off.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 31 Oct 2011, 12:39

What is the distribution of the stat points for the different heroes? Are there heroes that can go all destructive and be efficient with it?

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 01 Nov 2011, 23:10

I've got a simple question.

Secondary Sanctuary mission, the Spring Maiden quest. Where in the ****ING HELL is that damn temple I need to rebuild?! I've spent an hour looking over the map now, and have visited anything that even remotely looks like a temple. I've explored pretty much all of the enemy's lands I can without really capturing anything or advancing, too.

Edit: I found it. It's simply the building north of the Spring Maidens, as one would expect. Problem is you have to run out of the area and into it again in order to get the quest to pop up. I had a hero there when I got the quest and assumed it had to be another building because I couldn't select or do anything with that one with my alternate hero :|

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Nov 2011, 11:58

Anyone knows which secondary heroes you get in campaigns? For each reputation path there is different hero who would join you, and I would like to know all of them.

Haven
Tears: Lord Kilburn
Blood: Valeska

Inferno
Tears: Xana
Blood: Veyer?

Necropolis
Tears: Kaspar
Blood: Ludmilla (confirmed)

Stronghold
Tears: Airini
Blood: Acamas?

Sanctuary
Tears: Changbo
Blood: Katashi
Last edited by Avonu on 02 Nov 2011, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 02 Nov 2011, 14:32

Ell1e wrote:Sounds good. I have a question as well, is there any way to make units with a hit-and-run attack (fury, glory, etc) not return to their starting point after attacking? It worked in H5 if you pressed the Ctrl key but that doesn't seem to work in H6.
Anyone know the answer to this? I tried pressing Ctrl and Alt and neither worked ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Nov 2011, 14:38

I don't think there's a way then.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Nov 2011, 14:44

Nope, there isn't any way (for now) for Harpy not to return after strike. Alt key works for shooters to attack in melee but it doesn't work for Harpy.

Another feature from previous games (it was in WoG before it appeared in HV) that was left out in HoMM 6.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 02 Nov 2011, 19:45

I think if it was possible, the AI would use it when they attack my shooters.
Avonu wrote: Necropolis
Tears: Kaspar
Blood: Ludmilla?
I can confirm Ludmilla for Necropolis, haven't finished the others yet. It was really obvious in the Haven campaign that Valeska would have joined on the Blood path, so I'd guess the others are correct too.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Nov 2011, 20:30

Avonu wrote:Another feature from previous games (it was in WoG before it appeared in H4) that was left out in HoMM 6.
Fixed.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”