Deleting campaign progress?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
WalkerWhite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Deleting campaign progress?

Unread postby WalkerWhite » 30 Oct 2011, 07:00

Like several people here, I had a suboptimal hero build for an initial campaign map and decided to go back and replay the map. However, apparently, when you replay a map, the dynasty weapons are no longer available (the quest does not appear and the location where it was the previous time is now empty). And this carries through to the later maps. Even though I have the dynasty weapon tied to my account, I can never again access it for the campaign.

Ideally, I would just trash my campaign progress at this point and start over. But because of the damn online saving, it appears that I cannot do this. Is there anything I can do, or am I just out of luck on the dynasty weapons?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 30 Oct 2011, 11:14

If you got the dynasty weapon before, it should be available for every hero from the beginning. You could just equip it in your hero screen.

WalkerWhite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WalkerWhite » 30 Oct 2011, 15:38

Ell1e wrote:If you got the dynasty weapon before, it should be available for every hero from the beginning. You could just equip it in your hero screen.
No, that does not work. Heroes appear to only show up in the Hero menu after you complete the entire campaign. The problem specifically happens when you restart the first map in a campaign before finishing the campaign itself. So you cannot access the hero, but you cannot get the dynasty weapon in game.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 30 Oct 2011, 16:03

When you pickup a Dynasty Weapon in a mission, you have that weapon forever. When you start a map, any map (campaign or not) with any hero, you can go into your inventory on day 1 and load any of the dynasty weapons that you have ever looted before on any hero.

Ell1e was not talking about going to the Dynasty menu from the game's main menu. They are referring to the inventory screen as seen the picture below that you access by clicking the chest tab of your hero:

WalkerWhite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WalkerWhite » 30 Oct 2011, 16:16

qiox wrote:
Ell1e was not talking about going to the Dynasty menu from the game's main menu. They are referring to the inventory screen as seen the picture below that you access by clicking the chest tab of your hero:
Right, I got that. It is NOT there. I have earned the Dynasty Weapon but it does not appear in my Hero screen. So my game is corrupted.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 30 Oct 2011, 16:53

Ok well there is a known issue talked about on the official Ubisoft forums. The way you guarantee the weapon will be there is that when you 1st loot it, equip it, earn some xp, then save your game. Getting some xp on the weapon and saving your game guarantees you won't be hit with the bug that makes the weapon disappear.

You can actually get it back. One of the maps always has a randomly selected dynasty weapon on it that you can get to fairly quickly. In fact many people on the Ubisoft forums talk about replaying that map up to the point of looting the weapon over and over, and getting all 25 possible dynasty weapons in a short time.

Sorry I've never done it and don't remember which map they were talking about.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 30 Oct 2011, 18:33

Which map and weapon are you playing? There's a couple of bugged ones that you don't get, like the weapon from the griffon quest on Haven 1.

edit: Is this the thread you were talking about? Because that's the only relevant thing I could find and it seems somebody has already removed the info...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 010659/p/1

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 31 Oct 2011, 02:13

Actually, in my picture you can see that I have that weapon from the griffin quest. The bug is a general one that can affect all weapons. You can avoid the way I described in my previous post.

And yes that thread you linked was the one.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 31 Oct 2011, 17:22

I was asking the person with the weapon problem, but nice to know you got the griffin weapon. ;P

Looks like that info has been removed then. Guess I'll need to find that map for myself.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 31 Oct 2011, 17:37

I think it's the haven map with the graveyards you flag. From your 1st town you go in a U shape to the left to get to a gate to the underground. Just north of that gate (above ground) is a Dynasty weapon that is sometimes there, sometimes not. I'm pretty sure that's the spot. But that's just a guess.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”