How to rotate the world map & change camera height?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

How to rotate the world map & change camera height?

Unread postby maltz » 28 Oct 2011, 13:58

Thanks!

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 28 Oct 2011, 14:27

Good question. Have you tried playing with the obvious options? Control, Shift, Middle Mouse / Scroll, Page Up and Page Down should have some functions at least.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Oct 2011, 14:51

Delete/Page down rotates, also try home, end, page up
Not sure what you mean by camera height - the mouse wheel zooms in and out though, but you're probably after something else.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

mysticc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mysticc » 28 Oct 2011, 16:03

Why did they remove the right mouse button control? This worked fine in HOMM5. While I thought the default movement was bad in HOMM5, you can invert the left/right in the options to make it feel more comfortable. I only wish they did the same inversion for up/down in HOMM5, but I digress. It seems weird to have this capability though in HOMM5 but remove it in MMH6.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Oct 2011, 17:17

Rotate snaps back - in HOMM V it did not.
On the other hand, I guess they made the maps so that you don't have to rotate much, hopefully not many lying on ground objects will be missed by NOT rotating.
May the Implosion be with you!

jtemperance
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jtemperance » 28 Oct 2011, 17:28

mysticc wrote:Why did they remove the right mouse button control? This worked fine in HOMM5. While I thought the default movement was bad in HOMM5, you can invert the left/right in the options to make it feel more comfortable. I only wish they did the same inversion for up/down in HOMM5, but I digress. It seems weird to have this capability though in HOMM5 but remove it in MMH6.
I agree with this.

mysticc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mysticc » 28 Oct 2011, 18:45

Naki wrote:Rotate snaps back - in HOMM V it did not.
On the other hand, I guess they made the maps so that you don't have to rotate much, hopefully not many lying on ground objects will be missed by NOT rotating.
I don't mind the rotating snapping back. This makes sense if you don't need to use it often. Kudos on them for thinking of the snap back. There's still no reason though to disable the right-mouse button. That could also simply snap back. It's not like it's being used by anything else except for some context-sensitive info, but the older game handled that too.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 28 Oct 2011, 19:59

Changing camera height is good for screenshot purpose.
Here is an example:

Without it every screenshot will come at the preset angle, which can get boring after a while.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Oct 2011, 20:13

maltz wrote:Changing camera height is good for screenshot purpose.
Here is an example:

Without it every screenshot will come at the preset angle, which can get boring after a while.
How do you change the height/angle in HOMM V??
May the Implosion be with you!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 28 Oct 2011, 20:39

Am I supposed to remember anything 5 years ago? :D Actually some faint memories do come back. I think there is a camera restrain to be edited (increase the threshold 10 fold or so) in the configure files. I also had to be careful not to make the view too horizontal or the game will pause for a long time trying to process all the background landscape.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”