Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Oct 2011, 15:49

If we think about same thing, then yes. After few days Hiroshi should speak some words and gates will be open.

EDIT:
Set artifacts:
If they are in backpack, they are carried from one map to another only if they are placed in two first rows of backpack. In other cases, they are lost.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 Oct 2011, 06:00

Time Stasis spell:
This spell "freeze" unit for2-4 turns and you can attack it without retaliation. But guess what happens when you "freeze" centaur? Does it use it skill to shoot first unit which crossed half of battlefield? If you answered yes, then you are corrrect.

There was another spell - Grounded - "target stack loses the ability to fly". I didn't check it yet but in beta guess how it worked for Griffin's dive ability? :P

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 22 Oct 2011, 08:09

I've noticed that sometimes in campaigns, newly flagged mines or towns don't bring the full income they're supposed to put out. I fix it by restarting the game.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 22 Oct 2011, 21:18

Some bugs (?):

Emerald Yumi bow:
- Doesn't work for succubi and breeders (guess only might-damage shooters?)

Abyss Gate:
- Does nothing for Pit Fiends when playing as magic hero (not sure if it works for other units)
- If you have only one stack, using Abyssal Gate = automatic loss even if gate's not destroyed.

Conflux Orb (Inferno III):
- The western conflux orb crashes game (as many in the other conflux orb noted)

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 23 Oct 2011, 13:04

During Haven Mission 1 I got a dynasty weapon from the griffin quest, but it didn't get added. I know I checked Anton's screen after I got it and he could equip it, but I wanted to level the weapon from the prologue.

The weapon also didn't count towards my total dynasty weapons count. I'm assuming weapons you can unlock from the altar of wishes don't count either.

(Sorry for not including the names, I'm playing the german version so I don't really know them.)

There's also a bug with the first special building for Haven. According to the description, having this building should fill up the skill gauge to level 1 at the beginning of each battle, but this doesn't happen. I don't know if this is a translation error and the building does something else instead or if it's just not working.

I think this has been mentioned before, but Sun Knights don't seem to get an attack bonus for charging an enemy. At least it isn't displayed and I didn't notice any unusually high damage.

Last, in the fourth Necropolis mission there was a line from Kaspar near the end (last or second-to-last town) even though he left at the beginning of mission 3 (blood path).

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 23 Oct 2011, 14:15

Avonu wrote:If we think about same thing, then yes. After few days Hiroshi should speak some words and gates will be open.

EDIT:
Set artifacts:
If they are in backpack, they are carried from one map to another only if they are placed in two first rows of backpack. In other cases, they are lost.
They are not lost. They are still on the 3rd row or lower. But, the game won't give you a scroll bar to get at them. Once you fill up your inventory with enough artifacts to force the scroll bar you will find your 'missing' artifacts were there all along.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Oct 2011, 15:08

Inventory is such a mess now. :P
Too much MMOs, not enough HoMM in this game. :P

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 27 Oct 2011, 09:03

I've started playing the stronghold campaign again and managed to get the path of tears in the first map. Then when you start the second map and get to that cut scene with the orc chief of the islands he says his things and gives you castle a message appears that says "can't complete that quest you're already on the path of tears" and when you click the Close button it doesn't work and you can't continue the mission.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 27 Oct 2011, 09:55

It's a known bug. Sadly, you'll have to replay the first mission without changing your hero to a Tears/Blood class.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 27 Oct 2011, 15:26

The game keeps freezing on the third Haven mission when I cross the bridge to Flammschrein(?). The camera pans over to a Sanctuary hero being approached by a group of Sanctuary units (Kenshi? The 4 armed swordsnaga) and then nothing. Hooray for autosaves!
EDIT: Turns out the crash was because the hero was standing where the Sanctuary Gate closes...

Also, where's the 4th part of the moon disc in the last Necromancer campaign? I looked everywhere before fighting the boss...
Last edited by aaelgr on 27 Oct 2011, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 27 Oct 2011, 15:58

Did you get the fragment on the island in the water on south edge of the map?

Has anyone been able to play the Final Campaign? When I click the + to select a hero I get a "Program not responding" message from Windows and have to shut it down.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 27 Oct 2011, 16:20

Sikon wrote:It's a known bug. Sadly, you'll have to replay the first mission without changing your hero to a Tears/Blood class.
This isn't right. Sandor was a warmonger before I started the 2nd mission but I could finish it regardless.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Oct 2011, 16:37

So does that mean you shouldn't upgrade your hero to either tears or blood before completing the second mission?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 04 Nov 2011, 08:28

The Tormenator upgrade is also messed up, his special move does way less damage in the upgraded version than the unupgraded one.

Another bug with Griffins, if you wait and then dive, you get another free move immediately after the dive.

And yes, Sun Rider Charge skill doesn't work , it basically have no working skill at the moment so it's just a really expensive pure melee unit. I think I heard that the charge hero skil also doesn't work.

In Anton's campaign map 1, if you get a week of plague during this you'll basically not be able to recruit any unit for the rest of the map. as your creature stock will turn into something like -10000 instead of 0.

And yes some dynasty weapons disappears in the inventory .

I'm not completely sure but regen and wait / high moral double moves are inconsistent. sometimes if you get two moves in a round you regen twice sometimes you don't.
The river of time wash away all heroes

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 04 Nov 2011, 09:21

In the third Sancturay campaign game was crashing on (perhaps) each Haven fort/town battle. I skipped them most the quick battle way because of it. Tried like three sieges in three different castles and got three crashes.

Also the grid does not appear in a ghost ship battles.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 04 Nov 2011, 17:16

I was playing a skirmish map. I captured the crystal mine but is still not getting any crystals. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 04 Nov 2011, 17:52

yourworstnightmare wrote:I was playing a skirmish map. I captured the crystal mine but is still not getting any crystals. Has this happened to anyone else?
I haven't had this problem, but I saw a complaint about it in a Conflux orb.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 05 Nov 2011, 16:19

Found another bug today that may or may not be exclusive to Haven mission 4, at least I haven't seen it anywhere else. After destroying a sheogh portal the summoned troops suddenly appeared in the middle of the next turn.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 05 Nov 2011, 17:56

Metathron wrote:So does that mean you shouldn't upgrade your hero to either tears or blood before completing the second mission?
It's advisable yes, don't worry the sidequest (the choice) is still available in the 2nd mission.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 06 Nov 2011, 20:31

Okay, that bug today was just... weird. I was playing Sanctuary 2 and explored the area west of the starting zone, but I couldn't find the fort for this area. The only thing I could find was a suspicious-looking place. I confirmed with a friend that, yes, this was where the fort should have been. It's just not there. I can't click or attack this place either, it's really weird. Keeps me from getting that additional Kenshi per week. I've included a picture.
http://picfront.de/d/8p70

Return to “Heroes V-VI”