HELP Installing the demo

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maleen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HELP Installing the demo

Unread postby maleen » 19 Apr 2006, 18:09

I just downloaded the .exe file to my G: drive. When i run it i first get that screen where it says "Exracting files" . I believe these files are extracted to C: drive by default. Is there anyway to change this?
Also after the scrollabar went to the end, it said "no space on drive C"
I had about 774 MB in C: drive before this.
Do I more than that?
Thanx in advance

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 19 Apr 2006, 18:15

IIRC the game extracts files to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\*Your Username*\*some folder here* by default, so I'm affraid you will need about 1gb+ free space on c: drive. Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 19 Apr 2006, 18:40

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong ;)
Then I'll correct you. I installed the game in a differnet map then the one you've just discribed. I think there is a menu somewhere where you can choose where to install.
Grah!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Apr 2006, 18:42

According to the Windows defaults, temporary files will be extracted to your C: drive. Try moving some of your files away from your C: and try again. It's always a good idea to keep a lot of space available on the drive of your Windows installation anyway.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

trailMix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby trailMix » 20 Apr 2006, 04:30

Try changing the environment variable. You can do this by right clicking on "My Computer" icon, and select "properties". When the system properties dialog comes up, select the "advanced" tab and set the TEMP and TMP value in the User variables to the drive/directory with more space. Reboot, and reinstall.

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 20 Apr 2006, 13:14

Thelonious wrote: Then I'll correct you. I installed the game in a differnet map then the one you've just discribed. I think there is a menu somewhere where you can choose where to install.
I didn't say about game installation, but about where setup.exe extracts files before installation :)

maleen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maleen » 22 Apr 2006, 15:15

Sorry about that earlier mishap, when i pressed the wrong button and ended up creating an altogether new thread instead of replying to this one. Anyway thanks to u all.
By the way, I have a new question. In this thread in the old forums, it is said that there will be a civilopedia style in-game help, but since then there have been no talk at all about this. There is no clue in the demo as well. Does anybody know what happened to this feature?

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Same problem, but I have plenty of space

Unread postby magritte2 » 07 May 2006, 17:21

I'm also getting the "not enough space on C drive" message after its extracted the files and is trying to read them. However, I have over 40 GB of space available, so I don't see why I'm getting this message. Please help.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”