Blood or Tears path?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Blood or Tears?

Blood
31%
Tears
54%
I want to stay Neutral
15%

Total votes: 26

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Blood or Tears path?

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Oct 2011, 09:35

I wonder which path you fallowed for each of five Griffins? And why?

IIRC there is no way to stay neutral because choosing your destiny is mandatory quest in second map of campaign.

I fallowed mainly Tears path for story reasons, so advanced classes abilities didn't have any influence on my choises.

1. Anastasya - Tears - because she is young, naive and undead don't want reveange. ;)
2. Kiril - Tears. I don't know why,maybe because of Xana. ;)
3. Sandor - Tears - I don't like slavers at all, so there was no other choise for me.
4. Irina - Blood - well, after being forced to marriage Gerhart it was logical choise for her. ;)
5. Anton - didn't play him yet but probably Blood path. He seems to me be perfect blood hero - honour and faith above all others and no brain at all. :P

To be honest in case of Sandor and Kiril I would prefer to stay Neutral.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 26 Oct 2011, 10:04

In each case I decided based on what abilities I would get as I leveled it up. And I didn't use the default hero in any of the campaigns. Off the top of my head, I think I went blood once (stronghold) and tears all the other times.

That's out of doing necro and inferno campaigns twice and the others once.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 26 Oct 2011, 12:42

I'm a pacifist goodie-two-shoes, so I chose Tears for everyone. I would actually argue that Tears suits Irina more than Blood - she strikes me as diplomatic and open-minded. Anton and Kiril seem more fitting for Blood.

jtemperance
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jtemperance » 26 Oct 2011, 14:46

My play style has always been more suited to tears, plus the fact that I didn't have to worry about letting enemies flee (and thereby avoiding less-than-exciting battles) or accepting new troops via diplomacy, both of which give you tears points.

That said, I like the OP and the early responses, because it agrees with my intuition, which was to choose the path that I felt was most appropriate in a role-playing setting. I'm already looking forward to going back and playing "against type" but I do feel that this is a step (albeit a small one) towards more dynamic role playing that has always been latent in the campaign arcs.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 26 Oct 2011, 15:16

I am for whatever are the finest skills in the tree. Why should I carry some freakin' abilities I don't use? As from what I saw from the demo there are some really nice Tears and some really nice Blood ones. To hell with the story. :P

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Oct 2011, 15:33

parcaleste wrote:To hell with the story. :P
YAY! :applause:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Oct 2011, 16:14

Sandor is blood, cuz he's an orc leader and likes to f*ck shit up.
The rest is tears because it's generally easier to avoid fights
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Oct 2011, 18:56

Haven't played all the campaigns yet, but the tears seems less annoying. But I think I'll let the skills decide in the future.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 26 Oct 2011, 20:24

Can't vote. Where is the "I'm an opportunist and will take whatever skills seem best at the time?" option?

So far have taken blood for Anastasya and Anton, tears for Irina; mostly because I want to be able to play the alternative ending in the final campaign, but I actually ended up liking both of the skills/spells the sanctuary magic hero gets by choosing tears (Serenity and Tsunami I think they're called).

Playing Inferno at the moment, and gravitating towards blood again. :devil: Haven't played stronghold yet.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Oct 2011, 08:44

Metathron wrote:Can't vote. Where is the "I'm an opportunist and will take whatever skills seem best at the time?" option?
As you have 5 heroes you will end with choosing one of path anyway (ex. 3 blood and 2 tears heroes = blood path most the way). No matter if from story or skills reasons.

I am curious if people choose these path because of story or only because of skills. Or they just don't care and are choosing path because they got enough blood/tears first.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Oct 2011, 19:21

For Irina Tears. For many others Blood. Depends strictly on what can be assumed as the best choice.. :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 29 Oct 2011, 00:43

Tears for every hero. It's not as bad in Heroes as it is in other games, but I generally can't play the 'evil' path without feeling like a complete d*ck. The only way to make that work is imagening your character is Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction. The 'good' route tends to be annoyingly butthurt about some stuff but is at least the more decent choice overall.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 29 Oct 2011, 13:02

Mozared wrote:butthurt
Can we please keep imageboard slang off this forum?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 29 Oct 2011, 13:23

Sikon wrote:
Mozared wrote:butthurt
Can we please keep imageboard slang off this forum?
Why do we have to? I understand your core motivation, but there's really nothing inherently bad or morally depraved about it, not to mention nothing wrong at all as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules. Taking the stance of absolute denial towards it is just plain prudishness.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 29 Oct 2011, 15:01

Aside from what Xel said; sure, if you can supply me with a word that has the same meaning that people don't mind being used. I pick the words I use carefully and completely aside from what your stance is towards said 'imageboards', some words just convey a meaning better than others.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 31 Oct 2011, 20:49

I go for Blood because frankly I can't see giving up all those experience points by letting fights go.

intipacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby intipacha » 31 Oct 2011, 23:30

The poll is incomplete... how about you add the "I DONT CARE" path?

Reddituser12
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Blood or Tears path?

Unread postby Reddituser12 » 10 Oct 2022, 14:58

I just will say which path is more canonic:
1. Stronghold - Sandor - Tears are canon, Blood is plausible. Airini is a trainer in M&MX:Legacy. Blood path is plausible since Acamas don't have any reason to not join Sandor. He also appears in Duel of Champios but he was added because devs liked his artwork and design
2. Sanctuary - Irina - Tears are canon, Blood is impossible. Changbo is a trainer, vassal and ruler of Strandholm in M&MX:Legacy and was send directly by Irina for pilgrimage. In blood path Changbo is killed by Irina, so it contradicts with other games. Katashi's fate isn't mentioned in tears path but we can assume that she's alive
3. Haven - Anton - Tears and Blood are both equally plausible but Tears are cannon. Lord Kilburn travelled with Anton, it was mentioned in Legacy. Valeska's fate is unknown but she could also join to Anton. Problem with Valeska is that she was planned as undead - her Necropolis portrait exists, and there was an option to execute her in tutorial campaign (this option is unavailable, but you can see that they planned this option). I guess that Jezebeth was planned as Blood hero as Valeska's replacement in case of death but there's no proof for this. Imo Haven campaign is underdeveloped or just cut.
4. Necropolis - Anastasya - Mixed. I can assume that both Kaspar and Ludmila travelled with Anastasya. In Legacy Kaspar says that he travelled with her. In Shades of Darkness Ludmila was in close relations with Anastasya - says many personal things about Vein, Zakera and Anastasya
5. Inferno - Kiril - Both plausible, Tears canon. Tears are canon since it has objective to not destroy any cities on Agyn peninsula - Seahaven, Portmeyron, Sorpigal-by-the-sea. Xana and Sara are with Kiril in Shades of Darkness. Veyer a Blood hero is a Kiril sidekick in Shades of Darkness (along with Jezebeth)
6. Epilogue - Tears. Michael is killed, probably by Anton - Cate speaks to her son, so we can exclude Irina and Anastasya. Sandor wasn't her son and Kiril was absent during final cutscene, so it's most likely that Anton fought with Michael. Michael crusade never happened it's just alternative scenario.
7. Pirates of Savage Sea - Crag Hack - It doesn't matter both scenarios could happen in the same path.
8. Danse Macabre - Sandro - Blood is canon but both path could happen in the same time. Sandro kills Merikh on Blood path, it explains why he's turned into living armor in Heroes 7
-Shades of Darkness (Paths are complementary with each other)
9. Dungeon - Raelag - Tears are more likely since Sorshan is a narrator and secondary hero. Also Sorshan is the only one who remembers Raelag in Heroes 7. Yris was very close to Raelag but she's never mentioned again in later games
10. Necropolis 2 - Vein - Complementary paths and many contradictions. Practically Zakera and Ludmila are travelling with Vein. In tears path Zakera is a human and becomes a "weapon" to fight against Sandro. In Blood path Ludmila will be a right hand of Anastasya which makes sense in Heroes 7 but there's a problem - Zakera's age. In SoD Zakera is a young woman and we can turn her into undead on Blood path, but Zakera is a kid in Heroes 7. How could she live so long (over 100 years) and get younger without turning into Undead/Vampire? Maybe she was transformed later but it doesn't explain their change of age from young adult woman into a kid (check artwork-cutscene in Heroes 7 and compare it to her portrait).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”