There is a manual!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
wneubert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

There is a manual!

Unread postby wneubert » 19 Oct 2011, 12:03

Like everyone else I didn't know there was a manual, and it is mentioned nowhere, but I found one in the game directory named Manual.pdf.

luthi3n
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby luthi3n » 19 Oct 2011, 12:06

ohh, its just 21pages.
its the manual delivered with the game (if you bought the game in dvd-box).
there also exists a bigger manual made by fans (check the related topic) ;)

wneubert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wneubert » 20 Oct 2011, 03:53

I knew about the fan manual and assumed everyone else did too.

People were complaining there was no manual that described how the game worked, interface and controls etc. I also wanted one, but I wanted it to describe how the dynasty controls worked and how I could make an off line custom hero. The manual I found does not go that deep.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 20 Oct 2011, 08:32

luthi3n wrote:ohh, its just 21pages.
its the manual delivered with the game (if you bought the game in dvd-box).
there also exists a bigger manual made by fans (check the related topic) ;)
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that fans having to create proper manual by themselves is quite pathethic (in the meaning that the devs could do a better job)?
Hell, even Heroes V had fan manual too and I can't remember any other game, where the fans had to put effort to have some basic thing properly done.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Mhorhe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mhorhe » 20 Oct 2011, 09:01

This is going to sound really silly, but I can't find the fan manual :S If anyone could point my stupid head in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

The fan made manual for HV was simply awesome. Best manual I've seen in, oh, forever :)

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Oct 2011, 09:04

Mhorhe wrote:This is going to sound really silly, but I can't find the fan manual :S If anyone could point my stupid head in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

The fan made manual for HV was simply awesome. Best manual I've seen in, oh, forever :)
It's located in "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Support\Manual"
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Mhorhe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mhorhe » 20 Oct 2011, 09:24

Mirez wrote:
Mhorhe wrote:This is going to sound really silly, but I can't find the fan manual :S If anyone could point my stupid head in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

It's located in "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Support\Manual"
Thanks :) but isn't that the Ubi manual? Not much use to get out of that, I was curious (and can't find) about the fan made one :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Oct 2011, 09:29

That can serve forum search >
viewtopic.php?t=12506
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Oct 2011, 10:00

Maybe it would be better to stick topic with fan manual?
That thing from Ubihole can't be name manual, it's just random scraps of "paper". :P
Someone need to show them HoMM3 manual for example, so Ubihole will learn how to write proper game manual.

Mhorhe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mhorhe » 20 Oct 2011, 10:36

Pol wrote:That can serve forum search >
viewtopic.php?t=12506
Gah, my bad :S thank you :)
Avonu wrote:Maybe it would be better to stick topic with fan manual?
That thing from Ubihole can't be name manual, it's just random scraps of "paper". :P
Someone need to show them HoMM3 manual for example, so Ubihole will learn how to write proper game manual.
Words of wisdom :)

wneubert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wneubert » 22 Oct 2011, 02:08

klaymen wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think that fans having to create proper manual by themselves is quite pathethic (in the meaning that the devs could do a better job)?
Hell, even Heroes V had fan manual too and I can't remember any other game, where the fans had to put effort to have some basic thing properly done.
I think that developers support the team that develops the fan manual. In heroes 5 the fan manual was included on the game CDs.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”