Your favorite magic school(s) H4

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which magic school(s) do you prefer the most?

Life magic only
10%
Death magic only
7%
Order magic only
19%
Chaos magic only
8%
Nature magic only
12%
Mix of 2 (please specify)
27%
Mix of 3 --"--
5%
Mix of 4 --"--
3%
Mix of all --"--
8%

Total votes: 59

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Apr 2006, 10:12

Voted mix of two.Order and any other magic.Preferably nature or chaos on lower levels,and death or life on higher levels.

DarkeN Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkeN Q » 20 Apr 2006, 14:04

Order magic is sensible man's choice and doesn't need support from any other school. My favourite is Teleport as endless source of fun and profit. If you want to be very bad, try Chaos+Order. It makes earlier stages of the game VERY easy.

MacFearsom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MacFearsom » 20 Apr 2006, 19:25

csarmi wrote:1)No hero should learn more than one magic schools.
I disagree. I want all my heroes to learn from at least two different schools up to the third level, but especially the second.

One hero can't perform all the skills needed.

Depending on what spells are available, I want multiple heroes to be able to heal when needed or keep primary troublemakers occupied with something like Wasp swarm.

Allowed a preference, I'll start with Druid/Priest/Druid or Mage/Priest/Mage depending on where I happen to begin, then go with either an archer or lord depending on location assuming I there are primary spells available which would allow them to adopt a hybrid path.

As the game progresses, I prefer heroes strongest in Nature or Order.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Apr 2006, 19:52

csarmi wrote:1)No hero should learn more than one magic schools.
Youre joking?Just an example is order/chaos.Very effective.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Apr 2006, 20:51

I'm pretty sure what he means is that no hero should focus on more than one school (why? You can just cast one spell/round anyway). Getting a second one for the advanced class will slow down the development for the main one, and it's doubtful that any bonus beside the demonologist's is large enough to compensate. All this when playing competively, of course...
Last edited by Gaidal Cain on 20 Apr 2006, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Apr 2006, 21:10

-2 spell cost is very good as well.As is the 20% on spell power for certain spells.But yes,you do need one main magic,and the other on basic,or advance at most.

chaynhanh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chaynhanh » 21 Apr 2006, 00:32

I vote for Combat+Life, ehmmm or wait, maybe combat+nature if the 1st isn't possible. Ups sorry, is it only available for magic? no combat? then I'm very sad to say I have no favourite magic school. :lolu: It's all depend on actual map, fight and my humour while playing. I.e on Sunday, I hear some sound of bells from the church near to my house and say to myself, okay, let's be a good man and learn some goddy magic. But on Thursday, as I'm in bad mood because of everything, I will be the evil and use some bloody lightning spells to kill you^^!

Pallas Athene
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pallas Athene » 21 Apr 2006, 22:00

My favourite magic school is chaos because I find it to be very useful in battle, especially when you are not a hardcore player ;)

Vulcanic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vulcanic » 22 Apr 2006, 07:40

Vote Life

The buffs it provides are too powerful to ignore, Chaos is kind of weak in the later parts, along with nature. I'd rather see my side have a powerful army instead of a weakened enemy, so death is out. I like order too, but life is still the strongest.

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 22 Apr 2006, 07:48

I have always been a loner (Banedon should understand me), why no one pick death magic :( Chaos follows cloesly... Death got some okay buff skills but not anywhere good compared to life, they got the awesome hand of death, mass cancellation...

And Demonologists is one of my favourite classes.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 01 May 2006, 08:53

SmokingBarrel wrote:I have always been a loner (Banedon should understand me), why no one pick death magic :( Chaos follows cloesly... Death got some okay buff skills but not anywhere good compared to life, they got the awesome hand of death, mass cancellation...

And Demonologists is one of my favourite classes.
It's hard to build a demonologist and that means they're awesome!
I didn't pick death but it is one of the best magic schools imo because you learn things so quickly :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Angrilmor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Angrilmor » 01 May 2006, 21:17

Chaos & Order. Tricks & Destruction
But don't discount Nature with the summons

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 02 May 2006, 10:42

Oh hell....I love all the magic schools... :butterfly:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Mighty Imp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mighty Imp » 03 May 2006, 16:29

:D WARNING ROOKIE OPINION :D

I like the Chaos/Life combo. Mass Bless and Celestial Armor, with a little Confusion and Chain Lightning thrown in for good measure :proud:

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 03 May 2006, 16:39

For a choice of a single school, I go with Order whenever I can. In addition to all the Order spells already mentioned, I really like Precision, too. For multiple schools, I like Nature and Death; as was mentioned before, the summoning spells of the Demonologist are fabulous!

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 03 May 2006, 17:05

Vote all: all school magic has their good thing...
Nuture and Life are:blessings spells, Order and Death are: curses spells..., and Choas and Might (might not of course) are attack spells. :)
Black Dragon...

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 17:13

voted nature, just love summons, summoning=kill them if you like, i don't care :D
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 May 2006, 19:30

Yeah summons are excellent cannon fodder and helps keeping your original army from shrinking in after each battle ;)

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 05 May 2006, 10:46

A combination of Life and Order makes you nearly unstoppable. For a Might hero, Life magic makes it truly invincible.
A cat is fine too...

Moai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Moai » 03 Jan 2013, 01:29

i like Life and Order combined. Chaos is not as good as I thought it was, i find those two schools doing thier jobs the best. Many times i finshed huge battles almost without a scratch. And my biggest concern was always to keep army as big as possible.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”