Let's talk town conversions...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Jul 2011, 14:58

We've recommended several times that they add incremental waiting times as well as a resource cost, but I guess it isn't happening.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jul 2011, 07:42

What has happened to this idea?
Q&A from Archangel Castle long ago wrote:Q: Let's say, if my opponent captures my city and starts to convert it, but I recapture it. What will happen?
A: The conversion will be automatically stopped.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 18:09

It became impossible once the conversion was instant (being turn based and all).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 27 Sep 2011, 04:43

Make it 3 days base, +1 day for every building that has to be destroyed.

camelotcrusade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby camelotcrusade » 17 Oct 2011, 18:41

This has driven me nuts many times, and because of it I always take the +3 movement speed on my main hero now.

Here's what happens - the AI creeps into the screen near your fort. You try to chase he runs away. Eventually you say screw it, I can't sit here all day, and then he runs in and ganks your fort on day 6 or day 7, gets all the troops on day 1 before you can get back to him, and runs away.

Of course, this was really because he was faster than I was, but still it was maddening to hold the damn thing for 6 or 7 days only to have a ninja hero take it AND the troops on day one and then leave it to do it again.

I think I liked it better when troops trickled in by the day. Grrr.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 18 Oct 2011, 03:24

1 day conversion +1 day for every other building in the town beyond the hall.

Apo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Apo » 18 Oct 2011, 06:43

Arrrgh this!
The animation is so annoying! Was neat once or twice but i have to see it everytime! Yes you can skip it - after it loads 2-5 seconds, you get the start of the annoying sound etc. xD Wish i could just turn it of in the .ini or something.

AI stealing your forts is bothersome. :/ Often its one of the weak AI 2nd heroes so you can put a weak hero/army there. Depends on map i know but sometimes you can secure areas like that.

Basic town portal also works on forts, so you can quickly go to one and protect it.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Oct 2011, 13:14

Apo wrote: Basic town portal also works on forts, so you can quickly go to one and protect it.
Really? I thought it was just between towns. Now it's even easier to defend our lands than I recalled.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Oct 2011, 16:24

Panda Tar wrote:
Apo wrote: Basic town portal also works on forts, so you can quickly go to one and protect it.
Really? I thought it was just between towns. Now it's even easier to defend our lands than I recalled.
Yeah, really, that is the main pont of forts. Otherwise they're useless. Quick gateway. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Oct 2011, 20:37

Is there any point in converting forts at all?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 17 Nov 2011, 20:00

Did you notice when converting to Stronghold, you can get free Wind Walkers?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”