Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)

Unread postby Sikon » 16 Oct 2011, 12:23

I must admit, I was very confused by the campaigns in the beta, back when the prologue and the Sanctuary campaign were the only ones available.

I think it's really weird storytelling with the narration scattered over five campaigns like that, and I'd like to play the missions in chronological order. Judging by events spoken about in the intro cutscenes, it seems that the initial order of missions is like this (spoilers hidden):

1. Stronghold 1 (Sandor rescues Irina)
2. Sanctuary 1 (Irina flees to Hashima)
3. Haven 1 (Anastasya kills Slava)
4. Necropolis 1 (Sveltana revives Anastasya)

Not sure where the Inferno campaign fits in all that. Its events seem completely disconnected from the other campaigns.

I think this is messed up storytelling, to be honest, and I'd be more comfortable with parallel campaigns (like in IV) or a linear sequence where you play one faction fully before moving to the next (like in V).

Can someone point me to the correct order of missions?
Last edited by Sikon on 16 Oct 2011, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 16 Oct 2011, 12:59

I'm playing them in the order they are displayed, because I thought that was the correct one. ;|
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Oct 2011, 13:58

I'm trying to get an official word on the chronology of the missions. I'll post it here if I can.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 16 Oct 2011, 14:06

In the meantime I decided to play them campaign by campaign instead of jumping around. I admit that I love putting the pieces together after I have seen the whole picture :)

Starting with stronghold and sanctuary seems safer though, since they are outsiders and are less likely to be connected to the affairs of the world. I'd expect haven, necro and inferno to have a more prominent role in the main events of the game.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Oct 2011, 16:55

OK, so here is the correct chronological playing order:

- Heart of Nightmares (Collectors' edition map)
- Prologue 1
- Prologue 2
- Stronghold 1
- Sanctuary 1
- Haven 1
- Inferno 1
- Necropolis 1
- Stronghold 2
- Sanctuary 2
- Haven 2
- Necropolis 2
- Sanctuary 3
- Stronghold 3
- Inferno 2
- Necropolis 3
- Inferno 3
- Sanctuary 4
- Stronghold 4
- Haven 3
- Necropolis 4
- Haven 4
- Inferno 4
- Epilogues
Last edited by Corlagon on 20 Oct 2011, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Oct 2011, 17:13

There isn't any chronological order - all these campaigns are played in same time. For example last missions for Haven and Necropolis take place in same time - when Anton is fighting last battle, Anastasya is doing the same - and to fully understand what has happened in Anton's final battle, you need to play both campaigns.

It's like in Disciples 1-2 - same events are told from different points of view and when you "collect" all these story pieces, you have full view for game plot.
But after you finish one campaign, you should already know game plot - ofc you still miss some details.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Oct 2011, 17:17

Avonu wrote:There isn't any chronological order
There is, but some missions do indeed occur simultaneously.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Oct 2011, 17:23

Not really - do you rememeber Sanctuary campaign intro? It begins before Stronghold campaign... or better to say: before any other campaign. After all this event is what started HVI story. :P

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Oct 2011, 17:41

Well ok, fair point, but I'm discussing the maps' gameplay, not dream/memory sequences. :P

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Oct 2011, 17:45

But it is also map content. :P
BTW - just finished Necropolis campaign and half of Inferno. It's me or Necropolis campaign has the most lore about what really is happening in HVI plot?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 16 Oct 2011, 17:47

What is the Heart of Nightmares map all about?
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Oct 2011, 17:52

It's expedition of Aguirre and Sveltana to naga temple to locate and free Mother Namtaru. It's generally map from first Gamescom demo (this one which was told it won't be in game :P) where you are playing Sveltana and must defeat naga Akasha, Dragon Eel and Mother Namtaru (bosses are very weakened - maybe 10% of their full strengh).

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 16 Oct 2011, 18:08

What is the "locked" item on the main screen of each campaign? Are those the Epilogues referred to in Cor's post above? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there were going to be 5 missions per campaign.
Avonu wrote:BTW - just finished Necropolis campaign and half of Inferno.
What order are you playing them in? I'm asking because I just finished the Necropolis campaign and Anton's (haven) campaign is next.

Also, I've played one boss battle so far, and found it rather bland. They were much more immersive in King's Bounty.
Last edited by Metathron on 16 Oct 2011, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Oct 2011, 18:11

No, 5 campaigns, 4 missions each + 2 epilogue maps. It always was that.

After you finished one campaign, epilogue should be unlocked but still not playable until you finish all 5 campaigns.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 16 Oct 2011, 22:41

Metathron wrote:What is the "locked" item on the main screen of each campaign?
If we're thinking of the same thing, once you finish a campaign you unlock the possibility to replay it with a custom hero (it only needs to be the same gender as the original character).
Avonu wrote:After you finished one campaign, epilogue should be unlocked but still not playable until you finish all 5 campaigns.
I'm quoting myself from the other topic :
You can see the epilogue without playing all campaigns. All you need to do is to click on the "+" symbol below the map of Ashan in order to select which character you want to use.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 17 Oct 2011, 02:09

If we're thinking of the same thing, once you finish a campaign you unlock the possibility to replay it with a custom hero (it only needs to be the same gender as the original character).
Didn't require finishing the campaign to me. At least, I was able to start Irina's campaign with a different hero, although her name was still changed to Irina. Oddddd.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Oct 2011, 08:11

Marzhin wrote:
Avonu wrote:After you finished one campaign, epilogue should be unlocked but still not playable until you finish all 5 campaigns.
I'm quoting myself from the other topic :
You can see the epilogue without playing all campaigns. All you need to do is to click on the "+" symbol below the map of Ashan in order to select which character you want to use.
Thanks for clarification.
IMO it's stupid idea - Epilogue should be available only when you complete all campaigns, not when you complete only one. Epilogue should be award for complating game after all.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 17 Oct 2011, 09:02

Avonu wrote:IMO it's stupid idea - Epilogue should be available only when you complete all campaigns, not when you complete only one. Epilogue should be award for complating game after all.
That's an elitist hardcore gamer point of view ;)
Most players only play the campaigns of the factions they like.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Oct 2011, 12:17

Hey, it's campaign after all. :P
I understad it was done because to encourage new players (who very often don't finished campaigns) but you can choose any campaign now (unlike in HV), so I think epilogue should be reward for these, who finish all of them.

@Corlagon
Could you please post here Inferno campaign maps names? I wonder if anyone will see what these names are refering to. ;)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Oct 2011, 12:22

They're all references to William Blake's work, three of them derived from The Tyger. EvilP has already done an audit of the maps' titles' references (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS). ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”