Graphic/performance tweaks

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Graphic/performance tweaks

Unread postby Romanov77 » 15 Oct 2011, 10:21

This game has one remarkable feature so far:

Looking worse that HommV (everything is jagged...it hurts eyes) and having worse performance.

So I would like to know...is there some sort of cfg file that we can edit, just like HommV?

Precisely, I wuld like to get rid of shadows...on high/med they lag my game...on low they look just too horrid.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Oct 2011, 10:43

What do you have for vga card? See my post for HD5750 config.

Example pics:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 15 Oct 2011, 10:54

That looks good...

I have a 9800gt and a monitor that forces me to use 1360x768...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Oct 2011, 11:02

Try to laborate with card settings ( fe I forced AA, refused to play without it! ).

I was under impression that in the Beta for nvidia cards everything was working out of the box. Screenies were always perfect from them, without any tinkering.

Edit:
Please post them here, if you will be successful. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 15 Oct 2011, 14:30

No results with messing around in the nvidia panel...that thing never worked on my system.

so...there's no cfg text file to edit in order to free the engine of all the useless things eating video memory?

It makes me rage so much that I can run modern 3d games like Space Marine on uber settings without lag, while this ugly jaggy colorful mess is choppy.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 15 Oct 2011, 19:07

The game's engine is not optimized at all. The minimum system requirements are on par with Crysis 2's minimum system requirements and let's face it, this ugly looking cartoon is nothing like Crysis 2 :(

I'm very disappointed..... :disagree:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 16 Oct 2011, 02:47

Why is every HoMM release one calamity after another? Btw, you guys are hilarious. :lol:

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 16 Oct 2011, 08:04

Mr. Hack, the game looks very ugly, and whenever there's a lot of foliage, it gets choppy.

Plus, the horrendous useless little townscreens take several seconds to load, like it was something awesomely detailed.

Even something simple like bringing up the video option menu takes 3-4 seconds.

Throw in the creatures line up...worse than any other homm game, and not let me get started about the Sanctuary (I'd better not make comments on the Kappa or whatever is called that thing, because I'd really get down to vulgar terms).
Haven with pixies, shiny horses and hot priests chicks (have you seen ther walking animation? It made my lips curl in disgust).

Finally, lets not forget the awesome flickering cursor that we all love.

Thats' it for now.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Oct 2011, 03:38

I agree this game has one of the worst creature lineups and designs, but I thought the kappa was pretty cool. :beheading:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Oct 2011, 05:04

The graphics are killing me (since the demo). And still are in the (so far) released game. And it is not the graphics itself, but the units interaction (in attack/defense). Take HV for example, as "cartoonish" it looks, when attacking you can actually "feel" the impact your creature makes on the enemy one and vice versa.

Here... you are not sure if one creature hits the other. The "selling" (if I can call it this way) is just awful.

Also, let us not forget the small icons and letters and everything. This also goes in the graphics part. And it is totally NOT connected with higher money costs or something. Just simple and well known graphic solutions. It hurts the eye.

ALSO, I think the non-rotating camera (in battle mode) does not do justice.

Apo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Apo » 17 Oct 2011, 07:51

Hi there are two things i changed in:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Might & Magic Heroes VI\<username>\
Open the "ProfileData"-file with text editor and change, the original to this:

<SkipOpening>true</SkipOpening>
<LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>false</LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>

Anyone else got useful stuff? Like turning off the convertion animation/video? It looks nice and all, but not 100 times in a row. xD
Turning off the in town animation would be nice too i guess, always needs to load a bit.

capprice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby capprice » 17 Jan 2012, 11:35

Is there a way to disable or turn off shadows?

Nagumo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nagumo » 26 Jan 2012, 13:50

Didn't find something about Shadow but about conversion, maybe this will help (haven't used it by myself, cause game is broken for me)

<adv_ConversionScene>true</adv_ConversionScene>

You will find it in the third row, all to the right.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”