Pre-Load Might & Magic Heroes VI Now!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Oct 2011, 00:18

Might and Magic: Heroes VI is now <a href="/http://store.steampowered.com/app/48220/">ready for preloading on Steam</a>. The game will be playable on October 13, but by preloading you can make sure you can play on the release day. The regular edition is $49.99 USD while the <i>digital</i> Deluse Edition is $54.99 (launch Steam to find out the price in your region).

The game got two positive reviews already: 8.5 on <a href="/http://t.co/WQAF4qbR">GRY OnLine</a> (in Polish) and 8.8 on <a href="/http://t.co/3PuJdqx8">3DJUEGOS</a> (in Spanish). As we wait for the GameSpot review (which was been a bit harsh with the Might and Magic series recently), I wish to congratulate the Heroes team for their hard work and their open communications with the fans. Following the development of this game has been quite exicting, now it will soon be time to play the game!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1318378696
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 12 Oct 2011, 02:07

preloading as I type! yay!
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 12 Oct 2011, 02:13

Steam sells games at a fixed US dollar price, which means it's more expensive than buying the game when it hit stores in your region right? Should I wait for it?

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 12 Oct 2011, 05:21

I don't see a pre-load link anywhere on the page! Where is it?

... or can you NOT pre-load if you pre-purchased???!!!

I can get to a pre-load page, but the only two links simply revert to the game description page... where is the "pre-load download" link?!! Anyone?

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DragonSire » 12 Oct 2011, 06:43

Right click on Heroes 6 pre-order. Select pre-load info. Click pre-load.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 12 Oct 2011, 13:49

Steam price is ~twice that of a physical copy from an online retailer, it's ridiculous.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 12 Oct 2011, 19:12

@HenL

that is ridiculous and makes no sense. what country are you in? here in the United States it should be the same price

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Oct 2011, 20:20

Amazon has a preorder at $39.99 (US only) for the digital version. I like Steam, but that price is more right.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 12 Oct 2011, 22:55

"Right click on Heroes 6 pre-order. Select pre-load info. Click pre-load"

This doesn't work... I can still get to the pre-load page, right-click only brings up the Windows right-click menu, NOT any game or STEAM menu... left-clicking still ony links back to the game description page!!

WTF!! Nowhere can I get to a download link!! I've tried different privacy settings for cookies.... NOTHING!! WTF!!

Kregling
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kregling » 12 Oct 2011, 23:01

@Michigan - You're in the Steam application, right? Not IE or some other web browser? In the Steam client, I just clicked on my Library, selected HOMM6 and then when the description came up, a Pre-Load button was below the HOMM6 title. And yes, I pre-ordered the game and am having no issues... it just finished downloading

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Oct 2011, 05:44

Downloading the MMH6 version from Ubi, right now. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby astral76minor » 13 Oct 2011, 06:48

I don't think UBIshop will have it ready at 3 AM on the 13th. I'll give it a shot. Deluxe Edition - not standard. It would be Pacific time for east coast people - 3 hrs back.

We shall see....

Nope. UBIshop is lazy like usual in California. Guess we'll have to wait until the 9-5 douche work hours over there to download H6. I got it for $55 with 30 days free of Clash of Heroes for whatever that matters, just cannot download it yet.

They probably have to run all the credit cards first before we can download it. They should have done that days ago to prepare for the 13th official release date. To the other people, I am trying to get the North American version. I just have to wait for a slow company to do their work. This reminds me of 3D0.
Edited on Thu, Oct 13 2011, 03:53 by astral76minor

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 13 Oct 2011, 07:20

If you're in Australia you can buy it from ozgameshop.com for $39. You'll have to wait for delivery as they are in the UK. Delivery is free.

Actually, they've sold out. Put your email address in for them to tell you when they have more in stock.

Mine is on the way.

world_pacifier
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby world_pacifier » 13 Oct 2011, 10:49

Well, I am in Australia and just bought it for $89 (this is not deluxe!) at JB HiFi and the Australian dollar is even higher than the US dollar! Rip off really.

Oh well, there is a literal price for lack of patience.... I being open-minded with the game even though there are things I miss. So far so good!!!

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 13 Oct 2011, 12:42

Well the store page on steam says it'll unlock at about 12 pm EST but if my previous experience with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 holds true it'll be more like 6 pm EST. I imagine those who ordered it from UBIshop will unlock earlier, even if they couldn't pre-load before Steam users. Retail buyers will of course be able to play as soon as they get it home, but will be getting the pre-Day1 patch version. So advantages and disadvantages to each. Yay karmic balance!
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby astral76minor » 13 Oct 2011, 22:13

UBIshop is ready for all people who ordered H6. The download is 6.4 GB in size so back it up twice (there is a 30 day limit on D2D's). The game will autopatch to the latest v. 1.1. I am playing now. Be sure to write down or save your serial key. Sure beats going to a retail store...

Enjoy!

Return to “News”