What are the single most powerful weapons in MM7/8?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

What are the single most powerful weapons in MM7/8?

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Oct 2011, 17:38

I'm talking melee weapons. Artifacts n' relics do count of course. What's the weapon that does the most damage in any of those games (not counting any skill bonuses)?

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 12 Oct 2011, 18:34

Hmmm... those special Minotaur Axes were very though, but I'm unsure if they were the strongest weapon.
And in MM8 I think it was Baltazar's Axe.

Minotaurs rock B-)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Oct 2011, 19:01

Wallace sword: +10 Armsmaster - your Knight will be glad to use this weapon. Give him Gibbet and Dragons will hide away before him.

MM8
Teminus sword: +7 Armsmaster
Snake sword: Slows down enemies - very useful.

From normal weapons - anything with "of Darkness" -very fast weapon and heals user.

But nothing can compare to Blaster Rifle on Speed... I mean on Haste.

Mn
Scout
Scout

weapon modifiers

Unread postby Mn » 14 Oct 2011, 08:33

Any of modifiers greatly increase damage of your weapons, especially in start stages. "Of Gods" isn't give some help to you (imho), but additional fire/cold/etc. damage weapons are very helpfull. I like attribute "of poison" - rare monsters are immune to poison strikes. (So I think that cold magic is much better even than fire school, "Acid Burst" spell is really great in mm7, 1-st level group with the only mage mastering in water can simply defeat all behemots/dragons/titans)

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 15 Oct 2011, 06:02

For MM7 I already forgotten. Only think I remember is a bow called Ulysses.

For MM8, it seems Guardian (halberd, + 10-20 body damage, + 10 to stats) is the most powerful artifact for knights. Next is Ebonest (spear, +1d9 damage dice, dragon slaying) about the only spear with bonus damage dice. Next is Terminus (sword, + armsmaster, + 20 air resistance) very good for dual-wield option. If u don't use dual-wield, then go for Volcano (2-handed axe, +10-20 fire damage, +40 fire resistance) gives big resistance boost, suitable for minotaurs.

Note that these weapons took advantage of damage bonus from weapon expertise + armsmaster. So u can dual-wield these with sword also.

For non-artifact & relic, go for labyrinth grapple (actually a halberd) for knights or minotaur herdsman axe (2-handed axe, naturally suitable for minotaur).

Most powerful non-artifact enchantment is of the Dragon (+25 might, 10-20 fire damage), possibly as powerful as artifacts in some cases. Next is of Darkness (swift & vampiric) useful if u got someone who can dish out large amount of damage.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 Oct 2011, 02:34

There's a trident in MM7, Charele, that does a ton of damage as its only boost 3D9+18.

Dual wielding this with Wallace (3d4+12, 10 Armsmaster, 40 Personality) is the most damage you can get, I believe (well aside from min recovery blasters/bows of course). This is especially true as a knight will likely be at min recovery of 30 by late game with an enchantment of roughly 18 armsmaster skill on top of the artifacts and tons of stat points in AM.

Gallimar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: What are the single most powerful weapons in MM7/8?

Unread postby Gallimar » 03 Dec 2016, 06:00

Sorry everyone.... i must chip in here... im not sure if anyone is still reading this post, but if were talking about MM7 then... wtf...
Axe is by far the strongest weapon, it beats spear/sword combo and dual/sword combo, firs of all the 3d7 dmg is kinda superiour (except for some artifacts like charele ofc) But also note, neither sword nor spear gets "Added to damage" AND "Reduce recovery time" on their skills at the same time, its going to be very hard reaching 30 recoverytime with a spear/Sword combo (it can be done ofc, but u wont get the same dmg as with an axe, except if u got charele+wallece <---and only one knight can get that). Im playing a "Knight Knight Cleric Knight" party right now and im having a blast, all the knights are equipped with 2h axes and let me tell ya, its godly, when you start getting that axe skill to about 20+ well... then axes start to really outshine other weapons, since all you need to focus on is axe and arms master, Knights with Sword/spear combo needs to focus on three skills.

mirabilefuturum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mirabilefuturum » 19 Dec 2016, 11:07

Speaking about the single most powerful weapon in sense of stated damage, without any skill bonuses, i'd say it is
Charele trident artifact (3d9+18 = 33 damage per hit in average), or Headsman's Poleaxe of Dragon (3d7+9 and 10-20 fire = 36 damage in average).
But such comparison is completely irrelevant to the actual weapon usefulness in the game. Even without the skill bonuses / enhancing spells, the axe recovery will be 100, while trident is 80, so comparing the DPS 33./0.8 = 41.25 > 36/1.0.
Moreover, Exquisite Long Dagger of Dragon 2d3+7 + 10-20 fire = 26 damage per average hit, with its base recovery of 60 will be even better than those two: 26./0.6 = 43.3 DPS.

The end-game skills, items and spells make numbers on the weapon less and less significant.
Items with +25 armsmaster push the recovery to the minimum of 30 even for those who do not have Grand
Hour of power read by Grandmaster of light with light-enchancing ring give 10*1.5*5 = + 75 bonus to damage and attack. Plus armsmaster bonus, plus weapon skill bonus. Who needs those petty 3d7 or 3d4 ?
In such conditions i'd say that the most powerful weapon is a Mace, in hands of GM mace Paladin. Paralysis effect way better than 10% damage increase that offers Knight with Spear/sword
Last edited by mirabilefuturum on 19 Dec 2016, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Dec 2016, 13:39

mirabilefuturum wrote:Items with +25 armsmaster
As far as I know, you can't get such item without cheating. There is a cap for armsmaster skill in item, so IIRC the highest bonus is +15 or maybe even +18 (and additional +10 if you have Wallece artifact).

As for weapons - my Knight uses Charele + Wallece (until (s)he can get Blaster Rifle ofc) unless it's dragon hunting - then Charele is replaced by Gibbet :D . And yes, mace is very useful in hand o Hero/Villain.
Last edited by Avonu on 19 Dec 2016, 13:46, edited 5 times in total.

mirabilefuturum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mirabilefuturum » 19 Dec 2016, 14:11

Probably you're right, never seen anything higher than +17. But in some mm7 items tables it is said that level 6 items (dragon loot) may have +18-25 enchantments.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Dec 2016, 08:23

You can only find up to +12 Armsmaster from creatures, as well as Dodging and Unarmed and maybe some other skills. However, you can get up to +17 Armsmaster/Dodging/Unarmed/[Other] by enchanting an item via GM Water Magic. As for the loot tables remark, that is just for the other skills/stats.

And, if I recall correctly, you can stack +5 Hero's Belt/+10 Wallace/+17 Armsmaster. It makes me wonder if you could stack on a second Wallace, lol.

@ Avonu, is Gibbet really that great? I don't even know what the 'Of Slaying' enhancements do damage-wise. Heck, would that one slaying artifact weapon in MM6 be considered good too?...Conan, I think it was?
Last edited by Anubis on 22 Dec 2016, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”