New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Jan 2010, 23:42

jigsaw2008 wrote:I think it would be better for everybody if you do this jeff. I think playing this game in equilibris is more enjoyable. I want to continue this story and I would like to know if the campaign "Lamentia's story" is equilibris approved.
Yes in fact it is required, all play testing was done with the equilibris mod.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Porcupine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Porcupine » 14 Apr 2010, 12:39

Hi there! Great campaign, I really enjoyed it!

I have a problem though, on the last map, how can i get to Vixen? I defeated Mirlanda, Paulus and the other "colonels" of the Coalition, and sent Lamentia through the portal to talk to Nathaniel. And now?
I saw a portal that exit in the area where Vixen is located but I can't access to it. Am I missing something?

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 14 Apr 2010, 14:34

Have you visited Lonehawk and read the 4 Logbook entries? After that you must speak with the High Priest Alatediar (behind a Portal in the "Wolf's Eye").

Porcupine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Porcupine » 14 Apr 2010, 18:32

Allright, thank you! I totally missed that quest hut. :)

WarrenD
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WarrenD » 29 Sep 2011, 16:27

Hey Jeff, excellent campaign thanks.

Myself and a couple of other friends just recently bought HoMM IV again after many years(thanks GOG)and having a blast with Dragon's Fate. Hard to beat Heroes IV for the campaigns especially after HoMM V. Thanks again.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Sep 2011, 17:46

Yes, I've been replaying Dragons' Fate for the last few months and I'm about ¼ the way through the last map. I just found the Lonehawk Quest Hut, but so far, he isn't home. So I'm exploring and building up my castles.

This is such a great campaign, such fantastic story & character development, lots of great battles and quests. I highly recommend it to everyone. Thanks again Jeff. Image
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Sep 2011, 22:02

It is gratifying to see new and old (not age) fans still playing and enjoying DF; for me that is what it is all about. Its creation and doing LS was everything I now enjoy about gaming. The fact UBI/Nival failed to produce a good campaign editor or game that lent itself to fan made campaigns is what eventually drove me away from Heroes V. I am disturbed and saddened by the fact it appears UBI/Black Hole Entertainment is going to make the same mistake. That may well signal the end of my involvement with the Heroes and MM universe.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Sep 2011, 06:27

It really is nice to see the old games still being played. User-made maps and quality campaigns like this one is the main reason why. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 30 Sep 2011, 07:52

jeff wrote:That may well signal the end of my involvement with the Heroes and MM universe.
But, please, don't let this "end of involvement" happen, before you have finished and released the "prequel" in work, the "Beginnings" of the story of Talon and his group. ;)

With HodgePodge's help (reanimated) the work could proceed with success, and I will do what I can as support, too.

YES, WE CAN!!! :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Oct 2011, 15:03

Thanks Koni, perhaps I will finish it, but I have not even looked at it since I sent the last version to you. My summer was disrupted when two of my three dogs died, Hera who appears in the underground of DF when she was a puppy died in early July and the male Zane at the end of the same month. :( Those events just took all the wind out of my creative sails. It may come back and if so I will relook at the Beginnings. Of course contributions from you and HP will certainly help move the project along.

Rubinia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Unread postby Rubinia » 05 Dec 2017, 12:51

Hello,

I've played the Campaign a few years back and now I intend to play it again, this time no cheats.
Now I'm stuck in the Third Map, where Karth and Lorelei explore area in search of Dragonkeepers. Warning, spoiler ahead! (The 'spoil' code doesn't seem to work so I'll colour it with difficult to read font, to show the content one should copy it or highlight with mouse-selection):

[spoil]Karth and Lor have stolen the Fairy Dragons Scroll, but it hadn't appear in my equipment (probably to prevent me from using it and loosing). Then I went to Eefreet. Then I revisited him and fought him, which caused destruction of his house (quest hub). Then I intended to go back to Blue Player Elve Town to give the scroll back to Druids. On my way there, I was attacked by a small group of Elves and Griffins. The gates to the Blue Town are sealed, because my heroes are suspected to be responsible for the thieft, and I see no way to actually repell my deed. It's getting worse, as second hunting team includes phoenixes and will smash me, and I have nowhere to escape (I lost my town).
I think I might spend too much time for pointless map-wandering. I don't know if the fact I subsequently partially did a quest for Nightstar (elvish Dargonkeeper) but revisited him with the potion not before I saw the gates banned, has much to do with my current trouble.
How can I repay back?
[/spoil]
I wouldn't like it if I had to start the map over again. It's so disturbing as I remember that on my firts playthrough it was relatively easy to go through this map. Please help!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Dec 2017, 22:46

Ok it has been 15 years but I looked at some of my files; unfortunately I think win 10 is keeping me from fully opening some of the event steps. However, try returning to Lemmar. I can't open up the part of the script that tells me if you must survive the phoenix attack first. So try if not and if no other course use the win cheat to defeat the phoenix.

Rubinia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rubinia » 06 Dec 2017, 16:03

I'll try it. Too bad that newest Windows is picky this way, it shouldn't favour new programmes over old ones. Maybe one day there'll be something like DosBox for Win XP era? Who knows.
Thank you very much for help! Also congratulate on so extensive and vast campaign, and the second campain in addition to this one (Lamentia's Story). Both are fun to play and track heroes' fates and choices and symphaties. Good work! A lots of better than original campaign set for HoMM IV.

Edit:

It worked! I visited Nightstar with Karth and Lemnar with Lorelei at the same time, then had to wait a few in-game days. Phoenix band hit me, but I fled to Blue town where I became locked between walls for a short time. Then the gate opened as the news reached the blue city. Now I'm exploring onward!
Much thanks!
Last edited by Rubinia on 07 Dec 2017, 12:49, edited 3 times in total.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Dec 2017, 22:40

Jeff, in case you haven't had the pleasure yet, I can highly recommend downloading iLiVeInAbOx05's Map Generator Tool. It allows you to view, move, copy etc scripts. It has an easy 'tree view' giving good overview of sequences etc.
Now Rubinia found the solution, but still the program is highly recommendable. Also did I mention you can copy/paste map areas and paint with the void terrain.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Dec 2017, 01:30

I was unaware or forgot; is it in the downloads sections?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Dec 2017, 07:19

Yes, it's between Utilities.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MudElemental
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MudElemental » 04 Jul 2023, 18:46

I think I got a gamebreaking bug at the end of the third map (Karth&Lorelei visit Dragon masters).

Victory conditions in scenerio information show, at that point, I need to talk to demon Kali and return to Lemmar. I've spoken to Kali, conquered town for him, visited him again, he gave me a Necklace of Charm. Then I travelled via Quick Escape from a battle I was badly loosing, to my Ally's town. Then I uneventfully proceeded to Lemmar. The fluff message about Talon sending a message popped up, as soon as I reached Lemmar, so I take it it worked just as good as in previous Lemmar-errands.

The overall feeling of the fluff message is, there is nothing more to do here and the scenerio should be just promptly won. But it doesn't happen, and the Victory condition is unchanged.

Can anyone help?

I'm playing on Equilibris but the campaign description says it is compatible.

EDIT: I've found the solution, I need to go to quest hut just beside the starting city (Life) and meet Neska there; not the Lemnar's hut in the left bottom corner of the scenerio map.

Return to “News”