Are you going to buy Heroes V?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Are you going to buy Heroes V?

Yes
53%
No
24%
I am undecided as of now
23%

Total votes: 126

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2006, 16:10

Yup, I checked were the SF drives showed up in when I had the Beta, and it's clean.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Apr 2006, 17:10

Vote undecided. We'll see. Probably get it in time, but certainly not right at release.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 20 Apr 2006, 17:17

most likely when the price comes down. i hate buying games at $50 launch prices. most places like frys will do sale not long after release, or even at release.

DarkeN Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkeN Q » 20 Apr 2006, 17:48

Ugh, hearing all you people complain about $50 for a cat in a sack, I'm really glad I live in Russia. Here you can buy a jewel version for $3 and return it to the store next day if you don't like it. However, I will DEFINITELY buy H5, and won't ask for refunds.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2006, 19:48

Can you buy a couple for me and mail them to me? ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 20 Apr 2006, 19:49

Ethric wrote:Vote undecided. We'll see. Probably get it in time, but certainly not right at release.
*Santa* mayhap? I'm leaning this way also, and by then maybe we'll know what will be in the inevitable expansion(s).
Hell has frozen over...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Apr 2006, 20:36

When this poll first appeared, I voted no (see 2nd post on page 1). But of course, now that SF has been removed, I have already preordered the game (Limited Editon). I hope it comes with a hard-copy manual & a creature/castle card like the rest of the Heroes games did. I also hope there is a good map/campaign editor, so that the many talented mapmakers can wax creative. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 20 Apr 2006, 21:14

I voted "Yes", just because there is no "Of course!" option. I will buy it. I'm a big fan of da' Heroes series and this would be a dishonour for me if I didn't. And, because there a lot of "shiny things" in the Limited Edition :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Apr 2006, 21:17

Voted no,and after I tried both beta and demo,Im still convinced I wont do it.

DarkeN Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkeN Q » 21 Apr 2006, 18:52

Kalah wrote:Can you buy a couple for me and mail them to me? ;)
Now what would you need a RUSSIAN copy for? (Hint: it will most probably speak Russian too!) But surely I can. ;)

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 21 Apr 2006, 19:44

HodgePodge wrote:When this poll first appeared, I voted no (see 2nd post on page 1). But of course, now that SF has been removed, I have already preordered the game (Limited Editon). I hope it comes with a hard-copy manual & a creature/castle card like the rest of the Heroes games did. I also hope there is a good map/campaign editor, so that the many talented mapmakers can wax creative. :-D
Ah, maybe I wasn't as zealous as you, but SF did certainly have a bearing on my decision. I'll probably end up getting it, as already stated. It is nice to know that our complaints may have been heard and that SF has been removed.

The cynic in me says no, but every now and again I suppose I'll just have to cover my eyes and hope for the best.
Hell has frozen over...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Apr 2006, 19:50

A good friend of mine preordered the Limited edition as a present for my birthday which is on May 17th. Ain't I lucky? :devious: B-)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Apr 2006, 19:55

gryphonheart wrote:A good friend of mine preordered the Limited edition as a present for my birthday which is on May 17th. Ain't I lucky? :devious: B-)
I wonder what did you threaten him with in order to achieve that :devious:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 20:45

I thought DL would buy the game and HP drop it but now it seems the table have turned, funny :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Apr 2006, 20:47

Orfinn wrote:I thought DL would buy the game and HP drop it but now it seems the table have turned, funny :D
What?I never even hinted that Ill buy the game blindly.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Apr 2006, 21:00

Her birthday is on May 24th, and I had something special that she wanted so badly. So, we made a deal: she got her present, and I mine! :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 21:11

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Orfinn wrote:I thought DL would buy the game and HP drop it but now it seems the table have turned, funny :D
What?I never even hinted that Ill buy the game blindly.
Oops my mistake :D :devil:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Apr 2006, 23:37

I always said, during the long months of the Boyott SF Campaign, that I'd buy it if SF was removed. I'm glad that UbiSoft made this 11th hour decision. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Salisa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salisa » 22 Apr 2006, 02:20

HodgePodge wrote:
I always said, during the long months of the Boyott SF Campaign, that I'd buy it if SF was removed. I'm glad that UbiSoft made this 11th hour decision. :)
Gee, so you'll buy it with unknown protection,,,,/em Wonders,... if this new system will report if I leave the game for a potty break...

edit: i'm back on the fence since it went gold so quick an unknown copy protection system, and I have to pick a new DvD player/writer for my computer, so now i've voted undecided.... but who cares!

dragonfire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Are you going to buy Heroes V?

Unread postby dragonfire » 23 Apr 2006, 08:54

In a way this question is rather stupid.
All who wisit and use time here at this forum are interested in the game, so at least close to 100% want to buy oc.
I cant imagine that some players who use lots of time here wont buy, but they tell us they wont.
Oc I will buy it. I think the demo promise a lot.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”