Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Which One, Which One ...

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2011, 12:12

Which Heroes game was used here?
<p>Thanks to Salamandre.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=594
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 28 Sep 2011, 13:02

Five. :D

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Which One, Which One ...

Unread postby Spin » 28 Sep 2011, 13:07

where are these screenshots from? It's 4, but this looks really unique

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 28 Sep 2011, 13:31

[snobish]Psh! Nice question to ask us DF2 forum boards members. I would expected something a lot more challenging, CH![/snobish] :)

It's Heroes of Might and Magic 3.5: In the Wake of Gods with loads of awesome new adventure map object models created and imported into the game by excellent Heroes 3 modmaker Valery (it's a guy) from HC and other forums.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Which One, Which One ...

Unread postby Ethric » 28 Sep 2011, 14:18

That's WoG? O.O

Impressive.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Xander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Which One, Which One ...

Unread postby Xander » 28 Sep 2011, 14:33

LoL Several of those buildings comes from RTS game Rise of Nations XD

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Which One, Which One ...

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2011, 18:11

Xander wrote:>>LoL Several of those buildings comes from RTS game Rise of Nations XD<<
Smart... professional artwork for a mod is hard to come by.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Sep 2011, 19:13

Haha, yeah. Actually, for those who haven't played Rise of Nations, those builings were supposed to be from the WoG. It's just like those songs you are used to listen and then you find out it's just a new version of something made far long ago.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 28 Sep 2011, 20:34

When a big company will pay me thousand bucks for creating original models, sure :|

Until then:
Many graphics were extracted from other games then animated, others made in 3DS max using various plugins, in all, about 12 months of daily work to create a whole new LOD, 2000 objects + 160 new creatures (x6 custom sounds each). Unfortunately with such big visual changes, Heroes mechanics could not be kept and I finally had to abandon the project while 90% done.

The project supported a full conversion to an old console game, Shining Force. The scripting process became too confusing (shooters walked then shoot, no heroes, no resources/income) and results were not enough satisfying to be able to replace such perfect game as H3 is.

We are mortals only. :devil:

ciupeiu_dan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Which One, Which One ...

Unread postby ciupeiu_dan » 29 Sep 2011, 05:40

Heroes 4 :)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Sep 2011, 09:01

It looks like #4 to me as well, but if it is indeed meant for #3 then I wish the game had looked this colourful from the get go.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 01 Oct 2011, 06:28

We could put a ton of new objects in the map, but to make them work for others or just make sense is another issue.
Nice to see that some modding "news" are finally here on CH, maybe people here could finally make some contribution to the game ;) Even though the screens are like half year old.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Oct 2011, 17:13

I agree, you can place 1 million additional objects in a map, but will still not look this way. It is not about how many new objects, but how to mix them thus support graphically a custom story, far more complex than what can be done through regular editor. Atlantis was the first stone to this, and probably the last as well.

Return to “Screenshots”