Recommed custom soundtracks for Heroes 3 towns!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Recommed custom soundtracks for Heroes 3 towns!

Unread postby Artas1984 » 17 Sep 2011, 17:10

I am now checking out some of the most famous movie soundtracks ever made, edit them, merge them together and apply as a new town themes.

I have got StrongHold, Rampart, Heaven, Tower, Conflux.

I need some good scores for Inferno, Necropolis, Dungeon and Fortress.

A movie soundtrack is typically like an album with lots of songs - i use about 15 to 20 minutes of whole album, so i select my desired songs and leave the rest. You can help contribute in my upcoming mod by suggesting themes and discussing what would fit for them best.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Sep 2011, 18:53

Inferno matchs with a song by Vangelis called Excalibur.

Another Vangelis's song might fit with Sea travels, the "Conquest of Paradise".

Enya's Tempus Vernum might fit for your Necropolis, editing here and there.

Dungeon is a bit of a "oh, well". Loreena McKennit's Mystic's Dream song was used in the movies "Mists of Avalon". The intro part, amost the first 2 minutes of the song, can be a thought.

Fortress ... perhaps the Opening song of Game of Thrones. But this one might be fit for another faction as well.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Sep 2011, 18:58

I think that a town track must have an exponential atmosphere, starting noble and calm and going through a climax. That's why I disliked your track from "famous ever movie", it starts already at climax, so the transition between map adventure and town screen is brutal. It must be more like opening windows on a new nature layout and waiting for storm, if any. I will never open a window if Katrina is outside.

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Korbac » 17 Sep 2011, 23:50

I actually like the original town themes. Why change them? They are masterpieces.

Star King
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Star King » 18 Sep 2011, 00:01

Salamandre wrote:I think that a town track must have an exponential atmosphere, starting noble and calm and going through a climax. That's why I disliked your track from "famous ever movie", it starts already at climax, so the transition between map adventure and town screen is brutal. It must be more like opening windows on a new nature layout and waiting for storm, if any. I will never open a window if Katrina is outside.
But the town tracks don't restart every time you go from the adventure map into a town - they start where they left off. With the default town tracks, you will go right into the "climax" of a song when entering a town all the time.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 18 Sep 2011, 06:09

Korbac wrote:I actually like the original town themes. Why change them? They are masterpieces.
I like them too and think they are masterpieces, but so are the masterpieces i am going to add. Besides, my new soundtracks will not be included in the mod itself, but will be offered as a separate download.
Salamandre wrote:I think that a town track must have an exponential atmosphere, starting noble and calm and going through a climax. That's why I disliked your track from "famous ever movie", it starts already at climax, so the transition between map adventure and town screen is brutal. It must be more like opening windows on a new nature layout and waiting for storm, if any. I will never open a window if Katrina is outside.
You are so wrong here. StrongHold starts will climax, because this town represents chaos and the whole soundtarck must feel like chaos, and must be different from the rest by basically not having any "calm" parts. This is what makes the orcs the orcs! How you failed to understand that? I understand that the Lord Of The Rings theme is overused, but seriously - it is the best music one could apply for elves and orcs. Besides i am going to use LOTR for only 2 towns...

I have got Conquest Of Paradise album mixed for Castle, Blade Runner album mixed for Conflux, LOTR album mixed for Rampart and StrongHold, Alexander album mixed for Tower.
Last edited by Artas1984 on 18 Sep 2011, 06:29, edited 2 times in total.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 18 Sep 2011, 06:18

Panda Tar wrote:Inferno matchs with a song by Vangelis called Excalibur.

Another Vangelis's song might fit with Sea travels, the "Conquest of Paradise".

Enya's Tempus Vernum might fit for your Necropolis, editing here and there.

Dungeon is a bit of a "oh, well". Loreena McKennit's Mystic's Dream song was used in the movies "Mists of Avalon". The intro part, amost the first 2 minutes of the song, can be a thought.

Fortress ... perhaps the Opening song of Game of Thrones. But this one might be fit for another faction as well.

You have got the taste i need, but i need more than one track, so recommend me albums, not single tracks, so that i can take some 5 to 6 songs, mix them, cut in places, and add as new themes.
Last edited by Artas1984 on 14 Oct 2011, 14:17, edited 2 times in total.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Sep 2011, 06:31

Tastes are not to discuss, but saying that Stronghold, which is pure neutral, is chaos, is your vision after watching Lotr, not after playing Heroes. Orcs are insignificant creatures in Heroes, unlike Lotr where they are a faction. Does your mod modify Orcs and make them predominant? Can we have more infos about the mod?

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 18 Sep 2011, 06:35

Salamandre wrote:Tastes are not to discuss, but saying that Stronghold, which is pure neutral, is chaos, is your vision after watching Lotr, not after playing Heroes. Orcs are insignificant creatures in Heroes, unlike Lotr where they are a faction. Does your mod modify Orcs and make them predominant? Can we have more infos about the mod?
I understand that, so that is why i wanted to change this point of view.
I will talk about my mod in a separate thread, but for now i can tell what is it about:

1) resizing creatues and heroes in battlefield
2) replacing some textures
3) major statistic changes to everything (see gigamight mod)
4) custom music

I have learned how to use the Adobe Photoshop mutli-task script, so now it goes really smooth...

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 18 Sep 2011, 07:17

Two songs which I think are especially fitting for HoMM are "Welcome to Your Fantasy" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLfie8ntk8) by Future World Music, and "Moonlight Armies" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qipcloNV4tE) by Two Steps from Hell.

Both companies have huge volumes of music, and I think a lot of it would suit your purposes.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”