Hey Kalah, Resedit doesn't exist

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Hey Kalah, Resedit doesn't exist

Unread postby Shyranis » 24 Aug 2011, 20:36

https://www.celestialheavens.com/.../resedit.rar

404 Not Found

The requested URL .../resedit.rar does not exist.

Click here to return to the main page.

Just letting you know.

Resedit link is at the bottom of This page.

Edited by Pol, removed full links.
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Aug 2011, 21:12

That's not pose a problem or it does?

The collection of most useful tools is here, mmarchive is slightly better - newer.
(Section Homm3 and on the left WoG Files)

Resedit itself is then available from here

Please do not link to file directly, just mentioning the page where is the link missing is enough. Linking file directly is, how to say, a bit unsecure. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 24 Aug 2011, 22:43

Eh, why? Hotlinking generally is not preferred because you might miss out on updates or some information about the file, or have more bandwidth because more people will see it, but I don't see how that's not secure.

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 25 Aug 2011, 12:07

Well, resedit is useful for viewing resources from HoMM IV. At least for now I don't know tool that would open the graphic files from HoMM IV

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 14 Oct 2011, 13:10

I think, to be clear, we are talking about ResEdit 2 - as the current version for opening LOD...
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Return to “Heroes I-IV”