Im going to gamescon what should i ask the dev team?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Im going to gamescon what should i ask the dev team?

Unread postby Znork » 11 Aug 2011, 15:09

I have been invited to meet the dev team in køln at gamescon the next weekend. I have to admit im prity happy about thisBig Grin Since im am going to get to talk to the dev team i was wondering about what you want me to ask them?

Try to give spefic questions ill choose the questions tjen ask them and post the answer back her when im back.

Im going to ask about town screens. So try to ask somthing else. you have until the 14 august to ask you questions in this thread!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 11 Aug 2011, 15:16

AI in beta is pretty stupid. Leaves towns undefended, can not properly estimate forces (and thus choose correct action), and sometimes heroes just get stuck and do nothing.

My question is basically - Are devs aware of the current AI issues and what are the priorities on fixing those.

Thanks

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Aug 2011, 15:59

What are current changes? Will we see some upgrades in release version compared to beta or most of them will be delivered by patches?

What is current situation with town windows?
The are rumors/words from not official sources that this element is being desinged for scraps. How far work on this is completed (if irumors are true) and do we see changes in release version or we will have to wait for proper patch/expansion?

When we official see map editor?
It was planned to be released before game or at least on game release date. Any chances for relese before game premiere?

And ofc does Ubisoft start work (concepts) on expansion(s)?

And last question, do you have any person for znorkish-English/French translation or game developers won't understand any of your words? :P

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Aug 2011, 16:44

Avonu wrote: When we official see map editor?
It was planned to be released before game or at least on game release date. Any chances for relese before game premiere?
Since it was brought up, how about the campaign editor, Is there even going to be one?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Aug 2011, 18:12

If they plan the game to be moddable?
If they thought out the map editor and AI again, and again and yet again. And once more and they are sure that the game survivability is at least ten years?
(If not, tell them, they are cheesy. :P )
The mere good is not enough, the best is the least what we can accept.

Tell them that from me and CH. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 Aug 2011, 19:00

Pol wrote:
Tell them that from me and CH. :)
im realy not planing to tell them anything but if you have a qustion ill ask em

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Aug 2011, 19:24

Well, now two posts above, there are quoted questions to be conveyed.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 Aug 2011, 19:35

Pol wrote:Well, now two posts above, there are quoted questions to be conveyed.
They are good questions and will be asked. But is there nothing more master pol wants to know?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Aug 2011, 19:47

Znork wrote:
Pol wrote:Well, now two posts above, there are quoted questions to be conveyed.
They are good questions and will be asked. But is there nothing more master pol wants to know?
Nope Znork. :D

& Thank you!
"We made it!"

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 Aug 2011, 21:13

well you have 4 more days to think.

GMnemonic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Questions..

Unread postby GMnemonic » 13 Aug 2011, 15:21

I have 2 questions I really like to be answered in addition to the town screen off-course :).

Why did blachhole choose the route of simplifying the game, eliminating allot of resources but protect them with zones so it does not help to add sttrategy, adventure map buildings and leaving the game feel bland in comparison to other HOMM games upon realease of their initial version. There seems to be fierce discussion about the direction this game is taking, away from the adventury TBS in favor of a competative multiplayer game. Allot of people don't seem to like this. What is Blackhole's vision and stance in regards of this matter?

Will there be 2 factions per expansion each? ^^ (couldn't help :P)

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 Aug 2011, 15:52

Avonu wrote: And last question, do you have any person for znorkish-English/French translation or game developers won't understand any of your words? :P
The dev team is now fluent in znorkish its their secon language:)

Based on other questions from other comunteies i have brought this questions to the dev team from celestial hevens. If youre question is not amongst the one i picked its becuse other has asked you question.

Im not shure how i will answer you questions i have the impresion ubi wants to make q and a withe dews or something. But ill try to post somthing when i get home.

Her are the questions:

Are devs aware of the current AI issues and what are the priorities on fixing those?

Will there be 2 factions per expansion each?

When we official see map editor? It was planned to be released before game or at least on game release date. Any chances for relese before game premiere?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Aug 2011, 14:19

Unfortunately my question about the campaign editor did not make your list, hopefully someone else did ask.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 15 Aug 2011, 22:41

I'll go with GMnemonic's first question.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Aug 2011, 06:21

The question about roads taken and why has already been answered here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 16 Aug 2011, 06:56

Kalah wrote:The question about roads taken and why has already been answered here.
No, they are not answered there.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 20 Aug 2011, 17:08

Znork wrote:
Her are the questions:

Are devs aware of the current AI issues and what are the priorities on fixing those?

Will there be 2 factions per expansion each?

When we official see map editor? It was planned to be released before game or at least on game release date. Any chances for relese before game premiere?
First of all sorry iv only gotten public answer for 2 questions. The rest im discussed but im under a nda. There will be a q and a video wite about 10 answers.

The game was delayed due to ai improvment.

They are working on a mapeditor relaed before the realse. no anser about campaing editor.

We got it confirmed you dont have to be online to play. But beeing online realy gives you more.

The rest was talked about but it not up to me talk about that sorry.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Aug 2011, 19:10

Znork wrote:They are working on a mapeditor relaed before the realse. no anser about campaing editor.
Well thank you for asking. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Aug 2011, 21:43

:)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 22 Aug 2011, 15:25

So im back home after the most fantastic weekend in my might and magic life. First of all i need to ofer a special tnx to Erwan and his team to take 5 houers to realy engade us in everything. There is gona be a 12 question Q&A movie from this. Wiche i hope all of you will get som of the answer you want.

The shortend down version of the Q&A is this. Ofline to play online to get a bether game.
There will be a map editor. The game was delayed for a bether ai and more balance. They have reused som models to make more diversety in the game.

As i said we will have video withe this answer wiche i think will very muche please you i hope. And you alle will like it since im in it.

But popele its the things that i cant talk about that makes me so happy. Ill just say this the dev team is realy in to reading what you guys post. We are the fans of this game and for the dev team what we say and what we think is the most important thing for them. I know this has bee said before and every one goes prove it. Well i cant you just have to trust me, the care more about youre opnion that you think.

Withe out saying to much all of the fans compalint have been talked about. Some we think are correct other are us not liking new stuff.

So to all off you heros out there who are maybe even biger fans of heros then me. We are going to get a game that is 10 times bether then heros V. The game is gona work, and the super seacret plans for this game are fantastic. Im just sad i can shere them withe so we all could be jumping around wihte joy like me.

Im shure the other vips would joing in and agree withe all i have said her.

I have seen the promised land have faith and you shall recive.

So ill take this post to thank all of you the heros fans becuse it the power of you that has made it posibel for me to talk to the devs this weekend. we are the best comuntey of any game be proud.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”