[New town] Modern Forge

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Hirek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[New town] Modern Forge

Unread postby Hirek » 03 Aug 2011, 10:30

Welcome, I'm pleased to announce the release of a new faction for Heroes III - Modern Forge! This is a complete city including new creatures, an entirely new city screen and not only.
Warning - It's 1.0 SoD version, not yet for WoG.

Catch the link for more! http://www.bb-lair.yoyo.pl/index_eng.html

Small FAQ:

Are you a boss of the team?
No, I've helped in creating the mod. Full credits with the main author you can get here.

Will patches go out, and where can I find them?
Yes, we will keep to fix some bugs by releasing patches - So your opinions on Modern Forge is important for us.
These patches you can get a download section on town's official page (link above).

Will you release a WoG version?
Yes, of course. Now we working on full WoG version with special commander skills etc.

Have a nice play :)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Aug 2011, 12:14

Palette swaps are bad. It's a whole lot better to leave units unchanged than using palette swaps or frankenstein monsters.

The town itself is sort of boring to look at. There is no difference between the buildings at all. And it looks very 2D on the world map.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Aug 2011, 14:46

It is a very good start, guess some things will be improved with time. Congrats for releasing the second ever playable new town, I know how much work and free time asks. And changing the exe to accept new town instead Conflux is very technical exploit.

Just change the name buildings please, the "waiting room" recalls me going to the doctor. :D

Hirek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hirek » 10 Aug 2011, 09:56

GreatEmerald wrote:[...]And it looks very 2D on the world map.

This is a new look of the town on adventure, which appears in the WoG version and SoD patch (with no degrees of destruction, of course). It's better now?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Aug 2011, 11:39

Definitely better.

xeno9606329
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xeno9606329 » 16 Aug 2011, 14:12

errr... I can't download that new town

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 27 Sep 2011, 10:46

a Great job. This one just came out of the blue.

And it is true, things will improve with time, and this will turn out into something professional and almost perfect after a couple of tweaks/fixes
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 06 May 2013, 00:41

Response, I know this is an old post but the links are dead leaving other people sad because they won't get to try it out, So. I am going to update this post even though it is old so the person looking through here isnt totally dissapointed, http://heroes3wog.net/na-stiahnutie/ Go down to the WOG section and there is the modern forge town there along with a few others

chocolate7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chocolate7 » 24 Jan 2014, 05:17

The town itself is sort of boring to look at. There is no difference between the buildings at all. And it looks very 2D on the world map.

Return to “Wake of Gods”