How do WoG commanders & lvl8 creatures change the gamepl

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
pikeman93
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How do WoG commanders & lvl8 creatures change the gamepl

Unread postby pikeman93 » 01 Aug 2011, 03:53

*gameplay

Personally, I love these two additions. It makes the gameplay more deep, strategical, and it kind of balances out the "weaker" bases. Thanks to whoever designed them!

In your opinion, how do the commanders and the lvl 8 creatures change the gameplay of HoMM3?

To me, it seems that dungeon and tower improved the most. Dungeon early game doesn't suck anymore now that we can afford more units and buildings. For tower, heroes can cast magic more frequently, which compensates for their meh-ish units. Inferno can now "steal" neutral enemies, though I don't see how that is good aside from stealing one or two genies or ogre mages. The amount you steal is way too low. Stronghold was strong, but now their uber-ballistas make them even more.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 17 Sep 2011, 07:46

Are u kidding ? Inferno's Succubi are one of the most useful commander in certain setting. Especially if you played with certain options like getting more creatures in neutral camps, growing creature banks, more populous town guards, advanced dragon utopias etc.

The Succubi can somehow "steal" creatures from visitable places as well. So yeah, u can "steal" several dozens of dragons from dragon utopia, hordes of naga from naga banks, and how about getting a bunch of those ultra-powerful dragons (azure, crystal, rust) from their dwelling for free ?

On the plus side, u also got like unlimited number of fodders for u'r pit lords to raise as demons.

Castle & Necro commanders are self-explanatory. Conflux commander can get real OP with advanced commander setting, when he/she/it (?) began summoning elementals. Same with Rampart commander with somekind of war machine settings. Fortress commander is like...well, considering Fortress' tactic, I'd consider it more like a reset button.

ATM, IMHO the 8th lvl creatures weren't so thoroughly designed...yet. Some of them are good supporters of u'r army all with +/- morale or luck bonuses, but others are just little convenience u can live without.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 17 Sep 2011, 12:20

Succubi with skilled hero with some army allows you to attack a legion of tier 7 creatures, join few hundreds of them and kill the rest with gained forces. This is unstoppable.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Sep 2011, 17:03

Yeah, probably WoG team was on vodka effects when they imagined the succubus. Very bad feature.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 25 Sep 2011, 06:05

I'm not sure just how many elementals u can summon with Astral Spirit, but with enough Magic Skill + Commander Artifact, that seems to be quite a number.

Return to “Wake of Gods”