Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2011, 08:05

Kalah wrote:Watching Drunken Master on the telly. Classic kung fu comedy - you can see where J.C. got all his current sppofy moves from. :)
Old Hong Kong kung fu movies are great...

Does anyone remember one where the main character had this meteor made giant mace-head on a big stick weapons that he doesn't use until the very end because he was so bad ass that he didn't need it (and even then he used it because it was a tie)? I remember seeing it on TV as a kid, but i don't remember what it was called.
TheUndeadKing wrote:X-Men: First Class Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM
If that's the same trailer i saw it's surprisingly ok... might actually have to see it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bricey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bricey » 26 May 2011, 09:36

I'm still a big fan of Inception although it's been a while since it was in cinemas:)
extract audio from YouTube

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Jul 2011, 20:35

28 Weeks Later is even worse than the first movie when it comes to bad/nonexistant logic... I give it half a brain on the zombie movie scale.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jul 2011, 20:47

How many brains does the scale go to?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Jul 2011, 20:54

5, in increments of halves. If you want to be creative you can specify whether the half is right or left. Though in this case, the single half was that of a dead chimp. Sheesh what a dumbass movie...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jul 2011, 21:11

ThunderTitan wrote:
TheUndeadKing wrote:X-Men: First Class Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM
If that's the same trailer i saw it's surprisingly ok... might actually have to see it.

This was very surprisingly decent... maybe even the best X-Men film so far... and certainly the 1st one that wasn't Wolverine and some X-Men...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Jul 2011, 07:22

I guess it is not exactly for this topic but it is just too good of a "trailer" to be lost in the "Funny Links": CLICK.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jul 2011, 13:21

Not enough people take an interest in funny links any more, that's true...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 13 Jul 2011, 23:05

ThunderTitan wrote:This was very surprisingly decent... maybe even the best X-Men film so far
Good to hear (I haven't seen it yet). It's really sad that the previous movies were underwhelming, especially given the epic cast they had (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Alan Cumming, etc).
ThunderTitan wrote:... and certainly the 1st one that wasn't Wolverine and some X-Men...
I kinda blame Hugh Jackman for that. He really makes a sexy Wolverine!
parcaleste wrote:I guess it is not exactly for this topic but it is just too good of a "trailer" to be lost in the "Funny Links": CLICK.
LOL, nice! :D
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2011, 15:04

TheUndeadKing wrote: I kinda blame Hugh Jackman for that. He really makes a sexy Wolverine!
Yeah, Wolverine was on 10 teams at the same time long before any sexy australians came on the scene...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jul 2011, 17:20

Why do they have to ruin such great comics with rubbish films ... :disagree:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 14 Jul 2011, 17:57

ThunderTitan wrote:Wolverine was on 10 teams at the same time
Well, yeah, if you're talking about the comics and such, blame Marvel (Stan Lee?) for that. Same goes for Iron Man, too.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2011, 18:44

Pretty sure Stan wasn't very involved any more when Wolverine was created, let alone when he got popular...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Jul 2011, 19:25

Speaking about movies, they already announced two of Mass Effect. One is normal and the other is anime, apparently.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Jul 2011, 21:55

Curious how the ME movie will turn out. But most likely it's going to suck though...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jul 2011, 20:44

I hear the ME one is a prequel... hopefully it stays away from Shepard, because otherwise at least 2/3rd of people will be pissed that their origin isn't canon... it's bad enough Udin ends up Councillor no matter what...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Jul 2011, 22:05

I'm pretty sure they will. But there already is a prequel, Mass Effect: Revelation (awesome book by the way!), so I wonder if this will be a prequel to a prequel or a sequel to a prequel. Or maybe a prequel to a sequel? Nah, there's Mass Effect: Ascension for that. It could be a prequel to a prequel to a sequel or a sequel to a prequel to a sequel. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jul 2011, 20:39

Meh, the synopsis made the book sound too overwrought...

Saw HP8 today... man, they took out the best scene with the Elder Wand at the end there... such a shame.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2011, 18:46

So I hear Anne Hathaway is the new Catwoman. Should be all right; surely can't do any worse than Halle Berry ... and they're put on some more clothes as well to get rid of that overdone "bikini". Pfeiffer is the best, of course ... crazy, mental cat lady with a latex fixation. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Aug 2011, 00:53

Hathaway? Isn't she too 'princess' like to have that sort of role?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Campfire”