HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Jul 2011, 13:18

Will there be a figurine based on Archangel Uriel? :D

That dragon thing's wings look awfully amateurish.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jul 2011, 13:20

Metathron wrote: That dragon thing's wings look awfully amateurish.
How so?

And what the hell is a Cate?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Jul 2011, 13:43

I don't know. The person who posted these pictures, named it that.

However, one Cate which I heard about from HVI was Slava wife and mother of his children.
And IIRC some info about Blood & Tears then Griffin childrens have dragon blood in their veins. Who knows, maybe they have it literally? After all, some dragoness mated with donkey, so why another couldn't with Griffin? :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jul 2011, 21:56

You sure it's not just a translation thing?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 09 Jul 2011, 01:07

"By the way, this is my wife Cate."

"Wraaaaaoooowwww"

"Glad to meet you too."

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Jul 2011, 07:34

ThunderTitan wrote:You sure it's not just a translation thing?
Read my first sentence from previous post again. :P
You can see Slava wife (and read her story) in his dream in Emperor's Will scenario near the end of it (after defeating third enemy hero). And look at her portrair btw ;) (probably just placeholder... or maybe...).

EDIT:

Here's Cate portrait - she has the same in Pavel's dream, whe she spoke that she need go to search her missing brother.

And here you can hear her (and few others) voice acting.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Jul 2011, 20:48

Yeah, i saw the mention of the name Cate in the beta already... i was wondering about the name of the creature, coincidences do happen... but i see what you mean with that portrait... should have posted it sooner...

And what dream, i don't remember that...

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 12 Jul 2011, 06:46

ThunderTitan wrote: And what dream, i don't remember that...
I think he's referring to the cut-scene that appears after you convert the Necropolis to a Haven in the second tutorial scenario.

In the dream, Slava walks with his wife in a courtyard. She mentions that she must leave the family to find her brother. After Slava wakes, Krall mentions that it must have been a good dream.

UPDATE: Also, in the most recent version, they seem to have changed her appearance to a vanilla Haven hero in the cut-scene.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Jul 2011, 08:05

I wonder if it was placeholder or they want hide some plot "twists"? ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jul 2011, 13:15

lotusreaver wrote: In the dream, Slava walks with his wife in a courtyard. She mentions that she must leave the family to find her brother. After Slava wakes, Krall mentions that it must have been a good dream.

Oh that... i was thinking that it might be something relevant to the shadow units... yeah, i've seen all the normal references to Cate in the beta already...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Aug 2011, 20:40

Dragon Gods:

Primordial Dragons
ASHA, the Dragon of ORDER
She is the creator goddess, the mother of Time and Space, the triple-faced figure of birth, life and death.
She brought the world into existence, and then hatched the six Elemental dragons to rule over it.
She controls the fates of all mortal creatures – she spins forth their destiny at birth, measures it through their life, and cuts it at their death.
Asha is carefully neutral. She does not show favor to good men or evil men, Dwarves, Elves or Orcs. All the universe is her creation.
However, she is diametrically opposed to the Chaos principle embodied by her insane twin brother and his demented children, the Demons.
After the Wars of Creation, Asha retired to a safe refuge within the moon, there to sleep, heal and dream.
The Moon is in fact the cocoon she wove around herself. It is an image of the cosmic egg, a means to measure time, the final resting place of the dragons and the gate to the Underworld (where all souls come from and where all they go back after death).
Asha is not worshipped directly. She is above such things. But she is served by the White Weavers, the Blind Brothers, and the Silent Sisters who throughout the world, help the women give birth, perform auguries and supervise funeral rites (thus working as midwives, seers and oracles, embalmers and undertakers).

Note:
The Necromancers (Necropolis faction) have chosen Asha as their patron-deity. However, their vision of her powers and attributes is twisted, a perversion of her death-dealing nature.

The Three Faces of Asha:

The Maiden –– FATE –– BALANCE –– THE FUTURE –– HALF MOON
The Blind Maiden is Destiny’s herald, stitching here and there, unseen, to make sure that all the living creatures fulfill their purpose.
She is the “Hands” that can clutch to save or grasp to kill.

The Mother –– LIFE –– CREATION –– THE PRESENT –– GIBBOUS / FULL MOON
The (ever-pregnant) Mother regards all things as her creation and her children. By giving birth, she set Chaos into form and gives meaning to potential. It was she who spun the first Dragons out of the Void and created the universe, and she continues to encourage it to grow.
She is the “Heart”, unconditional love, compassion for all – good and evil.

The Crone –– DEATH –– DESTRUCTION –– THE PAST –– CRESCENT / NEW MOON
The Crone is the image of death. Wizened and old, she snips the thread of life with a sickle held in gnarled fingers.
She is the “Head”, serene intellect, gifted with infinite wisdom and omniscient knowledge.

Symbolic associations:
• The Moon
• The number 3 (for her three aspects)
• The number 8 (a standing 8 is the shape of an hour-glass, a lying ∞ stands for infinity / eternity)

Graphic description:
Asha is a gigantic winged dragon with graceful and noble forms, as fit the Empress and mother of the Elemental Dragon Gods. Her features are angular rather than rounded, perfectly symmetrical, seemingly complex yet absolutely ordered.
Her scales are pitch black as the void between the stars, but myriads of lights constantly blink on her skin, in organized patterns, like microcosmic constellations. Her eyes shine softly with a silvery light but can also burst in a blinding flash like supernovas.
Her wings have a huge span that seems almost infinite to the beholder.

URGASH, The Dragon of CHAOS

The Dragon of Chaos is raw untamed potential, primordial chaos in its inexhaustible energy and infinite variety of forms.
He is ravenous and insatiable, the snake that eats its own tail.
He is the Father of wanton Destruction, of frantic Mutation, of rampant Madness.
Chaos is utterly unpredictable. His logic defies mortal reason. He can save one day and kill the next, laugh and cry within a matter of seconds, be alternatively cruel and comforting, etc.
He is also the father of the Demons.
He is long banished to slumber at Ashan's core, but the Demons linger, and still strive to carry out his desires.
(...)

The Elemental Dragons
ELRATH, the Dragon of LIGHT
Elrath leads the radiant and immortal Angels.
The Dragon of Light is worshipped as the Sun God and the patron of (legitimate) Authority, Truth, Honor and Justice.
His servants seek to illuminate dark places, conquer evil, and celebrate individual valor and heroism.
He used to be worshipped by his servants the Angels, but they were almost exterminated during the Elder Wars.
In the Modern Age, Elrath became the patron deity of the Holy Empire (Haven faction).

Graphic description:
Elrath is the most resplendent of the Elemental dragons. His features are all about nobility and authority. His elegant scales are of the purest gold, but instead of merely reflecting the light, they literally shine from within. His wings are not scaly, but feathery, like his children the Angels.
Elrath has no “dragon breath”, but when his righteous wrath is stirred, his eyes burst into a streak of blinding light.

MALASSA, the Dragon of DARKNESS
Malassa holds sway over the shadowy and mysterious Faceless.
The Dragon of Darkness is the Faceless Foe, the Slithering Shadow with a hundred faces and a thousand whispers. Darkness is a fickle and dangerous master.
Darkness may seem meaningless and formless, but she knows. She has always been here and there, watching from close or afar, drinking your words and screams.
In her abyssal womb lie all the forgotten memories and the buried secrets of the past.
Malassa is mostly worshipped by madmen and doomsayers, fearless spies and assassins.
She used to be the patron deity of the Faceless but they were almost brought to extinction during the Elder Wars.
Later, she made a sinister pact with the Dark Elves (Dungeon faction).

Graphic description:
Malassa is the most elusive of the Elemental dragons. Her exact features are impossible to fathom. Her body and wings are covered in black scales, shimmering with a purple hue, but it is semi-immaterial, as if she was made of smoke, or sculpted by plays of light and shadow.
On her wings, dozens of “eyes” open to peer at the unseen world and bring back forgotten secrets.
Malassa never speaks, she whispers. And her words are always cryptic, so that only her most devoted worshippers can hope to understand her.
Malassa’s breath is a cloud of Darkness that obfuscates the senses and fills the mind with dreadful visions.

ARKATH, the Dragon of FIRE
Arkath gathers the Dwarves, grim masters of forge and fire.
The dragon of Fire is rash, hasty, and ill-tempered. Selfish and hot-headed, ferocious in combat, he is ruled by his passions and impulses.
He is mostly worshipped by the thrillseekers, those who see life as a constant struggle and burn it at both ends, but also by those who, like the blacksmiths, shed their sweat and blood as offering to the fire.
Arkath is the patron deity of the Dwarves (Fortress faction).

Graphic description:
Arkath is the largest of the Elemental dragons. His features are all about physical power, ferocity and passion. His thick scales are like lava, searing hot and glowing red-gold.
His breath is a stream of flames that incinerates everything it engulfs.
Arkath is wingless and favors a bipedal position (standing on its rear legs to dominate its opponents).

YLATH, the Dragon of AIR
Ylath selected the Humans as his chosen people, for they are as curious and restless as he.
Young and impetuous, the dragon of Air is the seeker of hazardous knowledge, of crafts that are handed down by the shortlived humans from father to child, of myriad facts about the world which he views from on high.
Like the wind, he travels everywhere to collect all the sights and sounds he can pick on his way.
Curious and intuitive, he is quick to sense the meaning of all things, but he is also restless and frivolous.
Ylath never asked to be worshipped. His only commandment is that his followers should explore, learn, and enjoy all things in life, but mostly, that they should do as they wish, as long as they respect and honour the world that the Dragons created (this point being the crucial line drawn between Ylath and Urgash).
He is the patron deity of the Humans (the youngest race, as he is the youngest dragon) but has been supplanted by his elder brother Elrath, the Dragon of Light, in the Holy Empire.
However, Ylath is still very popular among the nomad barbarian tribes that roam the vast territories stretching beyond the Empire, and in the federation of the Southern Free Cities.
He is also honoured by the travellers, bards, and spies, by the mummers, courtiers, rakes and thieves, and even by some wizards (for his extensive arcane knowledge but also his tendency to make even the simpler facts appear “hermetic”).

Graphic description:
Ylath is the smallest of the Elemental dragons. His features are all about speed and agility. His delicate scales are silvery-white. His long wings seem frail, but they are powerful enough to create a whirlwind.
Ylath’s breath is a bolt of lightning that can strike with accurate precision.

SYLANNA, the Dragon of EARTH
Sylanna is beloved of the Elves, silent stewards of her forests.
The Dragon of Earth is the stolid, slow, even-tempered one among the Elemental Dragons.
Peaceful and cautious, Earth acts only after long deliberation and study.
She often serves as a peacemaker among her siblings.
She is Nature’s warden, being very fond of the plants, animals and living rocks that grow “on her back”, and the only way to wake her wrath is to destroy or defile her sacred groves and stone circles.
Sylanna is worshipped by druids, rangers, hunters, farmers and herders, but also by wood and stone carvers.
She is the patron-deity of the Elves (Sylvan faction).

Graphic description:
Sylanna is the sturdiest of the Elemental dragons. Her features are all about resilience and quiet determination. Her thick emerald scales are diamond-hard, and always covered with moss, plants, trees, etc.
Sylanna is wingless and her legs are massive and short (so that she can be closer to the ground). When angered, she can stomp with them to create tremors.
Sylanna’s breath is a cloud of mineral shards that can tear their targets to shreds or “petrify” them by covering them whole like a gangue.

SHALASSA, the Dragon of WATER
Shalassa peoples her dominion with the reptilian Naga, who move freely both in water and on the land.
The Dragon of Water is humble, quiet and secretive. She is the serene mystic, wisest of the dragons, and her knowledge is only second to her sister Malassa, the Dragon of Shadow, for her watery realm is ripe with forgotten lore and treasure.
In all things, she values diplomacy, versatility and adaptability. Yet, if she decides to act, she is swift and indomitable. You cannot hope to win when you are fighting the waves…
Shalassa is worshipped by the sailors, fishermen and pirates, but also by the prophets, hermits and wisemen.
She is the patron-deity of the Nagas (Sanctuary faction).

Graphic description:
Shalassa is the most graceful of the Elemental dragons. Her features are all about serenity and wisdom. Her scales are a harmonious mix of jade-green and turquoise-blue.
Shalassa is wingless and she has fins instead of legs. In fact, she looks like a sea-serpent or an Asian Dragon.
Shalassa’s breath can be a tidal wave, a geyser of scalding steam, or a bone-chilling blizzard.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Aug 2011, 15:28

Taken from the Heroes Community, I didn't saw these before, but are these really going to be in the game?

Faceless

Black Dragon

If someone knows what this is: (after seeing those Conflux features, one might say these are Dynasty custom heroes?)

"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Sep 2011, 17:31

At Might and Magic wikia, there are some heroes portraited. I was rather pleased to see more non-human heroes, for a change.

Still, there are just too many humans/undead/aura/shining heroes.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 04 Oct 2011, 11:58

I did some statistics on the unit concept arts shown in the original post! In the upper row is the number of units without magical glowy/fiery/flowy/windy/"aura" parts (counting weapons in). In the lower row is the number of units with such parts.

------------------

haven

inferno

necropolis
-

stronghold
-

sanctuary

neutral

------------------

total:
6+ 2+ 0+14+ 8+ 4=34 unglowy.
8+12+12+ 0+ 6+ 8=46 glowy.

~ 3 unglowy units per 4 glowy units. Ashan has been exposed to unhealthy amounts of radiation!

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 18 Oct 2011, 11:19

The design of some factions/units is incredibly off-putting.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 29 Oct 2011, 09:37

Soronarr wrote:The design of some factions/units is incredibly off-putting.
Agreed.

Ridureyu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ridureyu » 28 Dec 2011, 04:42

I find it sad that they attempted to make succubi look validly sexy now. This is sad.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Mar 2012, 20:35

From Dexter's post on Heroes Community:

Image Image Image Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2012, 21:54

Heh, horny water elementals...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Mar 2012, 08:45

Water Elementals?
We don't have water or light elementals in this game. We have some Spring Spirits or Radiant Glory who named themselves elementals.
Same for Pit Lords, Mother Breeder or Abyssal Worm who thinks if they are bigger, then they are bosses now. :P

Return to “Heroes V-VI”