HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jun 2011, 18:08

Irina wrote:It's a pleasure to see you like Neutrals! I've prepped for you 1 Neutral every day of the week...but if we reach 75000 fans on our FB page, I'll give you more pics in exclusivity! Let's do it???
;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Jun 2011, 08:41

Kalah wrote:
Irina wrote:It's a pleasure to see you like Neutrals! I've prepped for you 1 Neutral every day of the week...but if we reach 75000 fans on our FB page, I'll give you more pics in exclusivity! Let's do it???
;)
Why I have feeling it will be Air Elemental artwork? ;)

At least we got something new today, because Fire Elemental wasn't clearly seen on screenshots (was to small).

EDIT:
Mermaid and Phoenix artworks also added to first post.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 14:42

The Air Elemental is up btw... why do they all have clawed arms anyway?

EDIT: Oh, you where talking about the FB page adding already known art...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jun 2011, 17:22

ThunderTitan wrote:The Air Elemental is up btw... why do they all have clawed arms anyway?
Why do they have arms? Perhpas the idea of having soft round shaped fingers would seem too harmless. Even pandas have claws these days...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2011, 17:55

Because those aren't arms, they're funnel clouds, and they make sense as the elemental uses them to get near the target faster...

And i was wondering why all the elemental seems to have claws (except water). I mean just leave those to earth.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jun 2011, 19:03

ThunderTitan wrote:Because those aren't arms, they're funnel clouds, and they make sense as the elemental uses them to get near the target faster...
They should be just were air is, not even having to really move, except for itself (where the it and the self come in that messy unit, cannot really tell). Air elementals are a messy lot, I say.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2011, 19:36

That's like saying a bucket of water is the ocean...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jun 2011, 20:31

Not exactly. A bucket is a thing that's holding water. I mean that the water cannot be told appart from the ocean. So you need something to hold the self. I just think that elementals are an odd fair. Fire must ignite. It would seem to be the most weak of those because unlike the others, it's not present on our known in a natural state, like the earth, water or air. But then they would dwindle themselves between terrain specialties that would suit their powers better or weaken themselves.

But that's just vain winded ideas. Not likely ever to be considered.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jun 2011, 14:04

Of course you pick on the bucket... i would have used puddle, or pond or something, but that wouldn't have allowed me to see if you actually tried to see the argument or not...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Jul 2011, 18:25

Aye - the first post was too much vast. The bucket or the container is the only way to make it possible to tell apart the element from the whole. Given that the air is most everywhere on the battlefield, if elementals should come from it, but also be anywhere on the battlefield, it would require a core, a container of themselves. That's why I think that manipulation - as being the will itself - should be more plausible. Wind elemental should come from the movement of a place to the other, so a container wouldn't help in that point because it's static. The air elemental should be everywhere, weakened when it's in a volcanic terrain, for instance, or not allowed to be summoned and bended underwater, if such battles would exist.

The movement is to bring the idea of destrution and damage. The spell implosion comes from the idea of vaccuum, thus being one way to destroy the elemental. But as you said on another post of Fire Elemental, these are features too complex for a BF in Heroes games. I'd rather have them improve siege elements at a first thought.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 12:44

A tornado does fine to be separated from the whole while there's still plenty of air all around it...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 14:45

Totally stole this off HC:

HAVEN

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Elite

Champion
ImageImage

Necropolis

Core

Elite

Champion
ImageImage

Sanctuary

Core

Elite

Champion
ImageImage

Inferno

Core

Elite

Champion
ImageImage

Stronghold

Core

Elite

Champion
ImageImage

Neutrals

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 16:30

And some more neutrals:

Elementals:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

No Light so far, but there's a Light Magic Spell that summons one... I'll try to get it later.

EDIT: And there it is.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: HVI units (images)

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2011, 16:15

Avonu wrote: Light Elemental (not confirmed by any official)
Well here are some screens of the Light Elemental, does that count as official?

Image Image

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 03 Jul 2011, 20:57

Why the hell do water and light elementals (cool idea btw) look like some other creatures? -.-

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Jul 2011, 06:18

The question should be: Why neutral elementals are in towns line-up?

@TT
I will add Spring Spirit and Radiant Glory artwork for these two elemental - they are like two peas in a pod.

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 04 Jul 2011, 11:40

Can someone explain the various stat ratings on these creatures? What value is the Knight chess piece suppose to represent? Or the blue flame label?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jul 2011, 12:05

Blocks100 wrote:Can someone explain the various stat ratings on these creatures? What value is the Knight chess piece suppose to represent? Or the blue flame label?
There are link in this thread about it: viewtopic.php?t=12151

Lets keep this one for images...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Jul 2011, 08:19

Not official released artworks but from game/map editor, so I guess we can count them as official:

Wanna-be bosses:

Abbysal Worm

Archangel Uriel

Lamya/Cate

They can be NPC not bosses through.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Jul 2011, 12:40

That Lamya/Cate has strange particles around it. Looks like larks inside orbs, or even goat's eyes. Not that they're really important.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”