The Chronicles Available Again

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 01 Jul 2011, 10:40

@XEL II:

Thanks. I will keep it in mind to deepen my sarcastic skills.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 01 Jul 2011, 12:04

GreatEmerald wrote:More like luckily we can resolve them, as Corlagon pointed out :)
What is there to "resolve"? Xeron's age is already resolved.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 01 Jul 2011, 12:49

I'm not saying there is anything else, just that they created a possible flaw there to begin with.

Also, Conflux phoenix dwelling graphics when upgraded.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 01 Jul 2011, 12:59

GreatEmerald wrote:Also, Conflux phoenix dwelling graphics when upgraded.
What's up with that?
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 01 Jul 2011, 18:42

Compare that to the unupgraded one, then look at the mountain the the background and you'll see what I mean.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 01 Jul 2011, 21:52

That's just a graphics glitch, I'm talking about the storyline :)

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 02 Jul 2011, 06:45

Is it just for download or there's also boxed version?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 12:38

XEL II wrote:>>My reply, however, was addressed mostly to your post.<<
Oh, so you just missed the part where my question was rhetorical... i understand.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: The Chronicles Available Again

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Jul 2011, 16:07

arturchix wrote:Is it just for download or there's also boxed version?
Last time I checked, GOG was a digital distributor.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 02 Jul 2011, 16:18

ThunderTitan wrote:
XEL II wrote:>>My reply, however, was addressed mostly to your post.<<
Oh, so you just missed the part where my question was rhetorical... i understand.
It was sacrastic rather than rhetorical. You were also generalising as hell.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 16:33

XEL II wrote: It was sacrastic rather than rhetorical. You were also generalising as hell.
The two are not mutually exclusive you know...
GreatEmerald wrote:
arturchix wrote:Is it just for download or there's also boxed version?
Last time I checked, GOG was a digital distributor.
I remember something about Witcher 2 also having a boxed version delivered if you pre-order or something... but that game is technically theirs (GoG and Witcher devs are run by the same ppl).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 03 Jul 2011, 04:49

ThunderTitan wrote: The two are not mutually exclusive you know...
What makes you think so? Sarcasm could easiy be presented i nthe form of a rhetorical question, as in practically any other form.

Also, you were generalizing by making it sound as if the entire fanbase revolted against Forge, when in reality NWC and 3DO got barely couple of hundreds letters. However, some of them were outright threats, so 3DO decided to cancel the project (some employees have even quitted their jobs fearing for their lives).

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 03 Jul 2011, 05:25

Corlagon wrote:Then if the Underworld is related to the afterlife and connects all worlds as stated in Shifters, who are you to decide that Enroth isn't one of these worlds and that the place the Enrothians also refer to as the Underworld is just some narratively-convenient 300-thousand-foot-deep cave?
I replied in the PM.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2011, 11:09

XEL II wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: The two are not mutually exclusive you know...
What makes you think so? Sarcasm could easiy be presented i nthe form of a rhetorical question, as in practically any other form.
I must have missed something... i was saying my question about what happened with the Forge was rhetorical...

And i clearly said something can be both rhetorical and sarcastic...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 03 Jul 2011, 14:17

"in reality NWC and 3DO got barely couple of hundreds letters"

Not every customer will complain. if you have a couple of hundred complaints, that's a hint that the majority of your customers are dissatisfied. In fact, that's not only statistics but also common sense. Also, receiving death threats is a clear sign something went completely wrong.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: The Chronicles Available Again

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2011, 15:51

hellegennes wrote: Also, receiving death threats is a clear sign something went completely wrong.
With whoever sent them and their brain... you should mail them back the address of a good doctor...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 03 Jul 2011, 16:11

You could but you would not be advised to do so. Instead, you could care less and simply change direction in your project, which is what they did. Having a better product is not worth the process of dying.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 03 Jul 2011, 16:16

ThunderTitan wrote: I must have missed something... i was saying my question about what happened with the Forge was rhetorical...

And i clearly said something can be both rhetorical and sarcastic...
My bad, I somehow didn't notice "not" in the sentence :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2011, 16:31

Though so (which is why i bolded and underlined it).

Return to “News”