Starcraft 2!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 13 Aug 2010, 12:22

ThunderTitan wrote:No one asked if you bought it... i for one will be waiting for all 3 to be out and the price to go down...
Not worth for me buying it (for now, of course) = not worth bothering to pirate it = not playing :P
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Aug 2010, 14:52

But then how will you get an eye-patch?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Aug 2010, 10:55

Why did they dumb down the starmap even after they decided to ship the game with only the Terran campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNrQLDrdvLw

And they took out the dialogue options... and Raynor being more overtly suspicious of Tychus... WTF!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 15 Aug 2010, 11:06

ThunderTitan wrote:But then how will you get an eye-patch?!
Screw the eye patch. Ninjas are cooler than pirates.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Aug 2010, 12:56

klaymen wrote: Screw the eye patch. Ninjas are cooler than pirates.
Arghhh matey... you be talking nonsense... them land-lubbing ninja scum ain't nuthin' but a nuisance.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Sep 2010, 20:46

I haven't found any easter eggs (except the obvious iPistol commercial). :(
klaymen wrote:Nothing here. Couldn't care less for Starcraft HD (in multiplayer), nor for story. Yes, I've heard it is done better than in SC1 (which was nice story interrupted by boring war of attrition against huge AI bases, save for those special missions), however Blizzard's 1 game in 3 attitude has turned me off.
IMO they should have announced it as 1 game and 2 add-ons of the same size, because Wings of Liberty campaign is almost as long as whole SC1 campaign (29 missions instead of 30-31).
I don't know if it's worth $60, but it's definitely worth playing :) I liked the story more than SC1's. One thing that irritated me is long loading times.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Sep 2010, 21:25

GrayFace wrote:I liked the story more than SC1's.
Sorry, i'm all out of pity right now...

IMO they should have announced it as 1 game and 2 add-ons of the same size, because Wings of Liberty campaign is almost as long as whole SC1 campaign (29 missions instead of 30-31).
Actually they already argued that (or similar), but seeing how originally they said we'll have them all in one game they couldn't have announced it as anything but taking out the other two campaign...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Sep 2010, 17:00

'Taking out' isn't the correct description, because the other two weren't there yet. The real work on Zerg's has just begun.
I remember Disciples II: Guardians of the Light and Servants of the Dark addons - in the Light you could only play for light factions, even in single maps, in the dark you could only play for dark factions. And they came out at the same time, just synthetically split in two. That's what came to my mind when I heard 'Starcraft 2 will come in 3 parts', but that's not the case of SC2.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2010, 08:45

Sure, if you're going to compare it to map packs released as expansions it's way better... but what isn't.

Plus, they obviously did little work on the Terran campaign feature wise (the E3 2007 clip already had all the features in it, the changes and putting the maps in surely isn't 3 years worth of work either) after they announced they wouldn't include the other two, and that's what really annoys me.

And i believe what they said was that they did work on the other campaigns, and realised that they where too similar to the terran one in the way you developed your troops and could make them have a whole different feel if they just gave it more time. Hopefully they have been working on them after the announcement and that's why the Terran campaign didn't get much more features put in (or back in, damn that starmap was cool).

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 02 Jun 2011, 17:54

A couple of videos about the Zerg chapter "Heart of the Swarm". Some of the changes sound quite interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=846TFzmmigs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i_sN2EV4pM
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2011, 23:41

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 05 Jun 2011, 13:40

awesome I can't wait
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 28 Jun 2011, 20:38

ThunderTitan, I actually liked WoL storyline. Sure, in some ways it was worse than SC1's, but overall it was fun and interesting. Not to mention thiswas just one third of SC2 story.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2011, 20:51

That makes it even worse...

And the story idea wasn't bad per se, but even as one 3rd of a full story, it was incredibly annoying for them to basically tell you how it ends by the middle point.

And once they decided to make that 3rd the full story for a whole game (trilogy like) it just makes it way worse...

SPOILERS:
How about they make us think the artifact will simply stun Kerrigan (with little Mengsk thinking it might kill her outright) and that Zeratul's warning mean Jimmy should capture her alive... and then the end would actually be surprising.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 28 Jun 2011, 21:16

But overall story was pretty good.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2011, 22:56

I for one am a firm believer that there are no bad stories, only bad writers...

And with SC2 it seems to me that the writers thought they where better then they actually are... so they wasted a lot of potential.

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 15 Apr 2012, 18:59

ThunderTitan wrote:I for one am a firm believer that there are no bad stories, only bad writers...

And with SC2 it seems to me that the writers thought they where better then they actually are... so they wasted a lot of potential.
I would agree with this statement [for the now]...

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 14 Nov 2012, 16:29

Release date has been announced as March 13th! :hoo:
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 25 Dec 2012, 12:10

I'm going to buy the expansion! And right now I'm in the beta, is there anyone else in the beta, so we can play together?
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Starcraft 2!

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2015, 19:58

Hey-o...

Here's a cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XwzBMTJaM

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”