Kingdom Overview Screen

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Jun 2011, 10:47

The Kingdom Overview Screen gives you information about all sorts of things in your growing empire, and allows you to manage resources, towns, heroes, mines and quests from a single interface.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=542
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Jun 2011, 11:20

>>>Kingdom Overview Screen

Kingdom Overview WINDOW!
Is Black Hole some kind fan of Microsoft? Window here, window there, window everywhere.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 19 Jun 2011, 11:33

note how he has more crystal than ore, even though crystal is supposed to be rare..
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 19 Jun 2011, 12:06

I don't think you should be paying much attention to the resources here. Doesn't really look like your regular match... ;|

oUcH
Peasant
Peasant

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby oUcH » 19 Jun 2011, 13:56

I like the way map looks its simple and clean.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Jun 2011, 18:29

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby vicheron » 19 Jun 2011, 18:54

Well, at least we don't have to wait for a patch to get a feature that has been in every Heroes game since the first one.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby michiganjf » 19 Jun 2011, 23:07

I'll bet reducing the variety of resource types significantly improved AI computing speed... smart move, as playing with the resource mix required to build can still make structure completion as difficult as in any previous version of Heroes.

You don't really lose anything significant in terms of game play, but you make real gains in processing speed for the AI... that's a trade I'd gladly have made for faster AI in H5!
Edited on Sun, Jun 19 2011, 19:08 by michiganjf

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby michiganjf » 19 Jun 2011, 23:17

"note how he has more crystal than ore, even though crystal is supposed to be rare."

He has the same number of crystal mines as ore mines (2 of each).

Ore is probably required in more structures and in larger amounts per structure, so even if ore still earns 2 to 1, he may yet naturally have used up more ore than crystal.

I don't know, however, if H6 continues the tradition of providing wood and ore at the rate of 2/day/mine... only a week until we find out though!!!
Edited on Sun, Jun 19 2011, 19:27 by michiganjf

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby Ryder » 19 Jun 2011, 23:22

Agree with oUcH, map looks real good.

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby DragonSire » 20 Jun 2011, 02:14

The southwest island makes it look like the necro fog of war ability is back. Notice the mine at the top of the island.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby hellegennes » 20 Jun 2011, 02:42

Something is wrong with the numbers on this picture. It says mines (5), but only 8 are listed and then the income column reads +100 wood, 2 ore, 2 crystal and 8500 gold.

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby DragonSire » 20 Jun 2011, 04:19

@ hellegennes

The gold seems right, 8,000 from cities plus 500 from a hero to make 8500. The wood is probably just a dev. test. I would not worry about it.

oUcH
Peasant
Peasant

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby oUcH » 20 Jun 2011, 19:45

You guys seriously contemplaiting resource balance just on the basis of this screenshot ? I mean cmon:F

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby vicheron » 20 Jun 2011, 20:27

"I'll bet reducing the variety of resource types significantly improved AI computing speed... smart move, as playing with the resource mix required to build can still make structure completion as difficult as in any previous version of Heroes.

You don't really lose anything significant in terms of game play, but you make real gains in processing speed for the AI... that's a trade I'd gladly have made for faster AI in H5!"

Except that Heroes games have always had 4 rare resources and the AI was never as slow as it was in Heroes 5. Heroes 1 had 4 rare resources and its AI wasn't slow, and it was 60 MB game.

The reason why the AI was slow in Heroes 5 was because the Instant Travel spell screwed up the pathfinding.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Jun 2011, 20:49

Also, perhaps if they learned to use multithreading, it would make things faster. And more intelligent, since while you're making decisions, the enemy AI is also making them and observing your strategy. That's how it works in Elemental and other Stardock titles.

duggo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby duggo » 22 Jun 2011, 17:47

Reducing the number of resources certainly reduces the need to explore the map early. So of the three main parts: build, fight, and explore; the explore part will be less important.

oUcH
Peasant
Peasant

Kingdom Overview Screen

Unread postby oUcH » 22 Jun 2011, 22:50

Well game basicly needs to fly to be enyojable, becouse after few days of playing you dont rly pay that much attention to the graphics and what you are left with is how well the gameplay is. If its long waits on turns and anoying interface then you get bored easy.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 12:59

Looks fine... the UI is still a bit too SF looking, but that's a minor complaint.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Screenshots”